Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Putting leftovers into communal fridge for tenants

Hello,
I'm using For Rent to run a retirement home and I have a communal kitchen with a fridge, stove etc. The problem is that tenants will cook and then leave the leftovers to spoil. Since the fridge is a communal one and doesn't belong to my caretaker Sim, there is no "Open" option to gain access to the fridge's inventory, and she also can't drag leftovers to the fridge. I wish that my Sim could do this, or that tenants would put leftovers in the fridge before they spoil. I also wish that tenants could take leftovers from the fridge if they are hungry, instead of cooking all the time. I do make my Sim "Call to Meal" but there's still too much food wasted!

I do have some cooking mods, but I think it is the communal setting of For Rent that is causing the issue. Does anyone have an idea for a possible solution or a mod that would solve this issue? Thank you.
I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.

Comments

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

Afaik the 'Put Away' option does this when you click on the food.
    1.jpg?token-time=1706313600&token-hash=ZejnoYdhMP-c3VQvPB4PQowdW5KC_w1sr_URdHThlqQ%3D
    Pic is not mine, found it -> here
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,417 Member
    You could sell whatever is left over if you don't want them to spoil. NPC sims when they are hungry will always cook fresh food, they never eat leftovers, so food is going to spoil in the fridge anyway.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,691 Member
    Did you try using a "cake display counter"? Not sure if "get to work" is required or if a version of the object was added to other packs or base game. I often use this counter display on community lots, and would try it on shared space. Food won't spoil, and sims visiting can grab a dish to sit down and pretend they visit a real café :) I often have a sim responsible for filling up the counter, especially the birthday cakes can go there - they are no longer eaten at the b.day party because it simply gets too many of them (when playing rotationally).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,932 Member
    edited January 16
    @crocobaura That bug was fixed a couple of years ago and I was very happy about it :)
    now I must work to keep my visitor sims from helping themselves to leftovers from my fridge while I'm trying to cook dinner for them haha

although @Rococo1256 it sounds like in your residential rental specifically, tenants aren't taking leftovers to eat, in the shared area?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Wow, I have a house I was going to set up as a rental too where everyone could share a communal kitchen too. I’m waiting for them to fix the rental lot bug. Before I actually make anymore residential into residential rentals.