Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone playing the paranormal investigator career?

Hi all. I was just wondering if anybody is playing the paranormal investigator career at the moment? I am going to start a new save, and this career is what I specifically hand in mind for my sim. The problem is, I've heard the career is bugged. I was just wondering if it's working ok for anybody? There is already an open thread about this on Answers HQ, I'm just wondering if anybody is having a positive experience?

Comments

• Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I have one sim that still does it. The rabbithole works fine and I haven't had any problems with beginner and moderate level investigations. Every once in a while I have a high level one that I can't complete for some reason.
  • Options
    AnoukDuarteAnoukDuarte Posts: 58 Member
    I did a while ago, it's funny but found it very time consuming. Guess if I play it again I will make a group of sims to do that job so it wont get so lonely.
  • Options
    ValravnWitchValravnWitch Posts: 91 Member
    I just started the career again after a long time, so far it is working just fine but I didnt do any high level gigs yet.

One thing I remember from before is to always perform a ritual at the jobs (using the summoning circle) since it counts towards the progress bar and sometimes it took some time for the game to load in the haunted stuff (ghosts, puddles, dolls and so on), so I just perform the ceremony instead of standing arround waiting for stuff to spawn.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    It works well during the first couple of gigs, but then no more ghosts will spawn and it becomes frustrating. That's a pity because this could be the best freelancer career in the game. EA never fixed this since the release of the pack.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Thanks for your input all!
    It works well during the first couple of gigs, but then no more ghosts will spawn and it becomes frustrating. That's a pity because this could be the best freelancer career in the game. EA never fixed this since the release of the pack.

Yeah, this is what I heard. Still a problem then? How annoying! Still, I guess I'll see how it goes.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Reading for inspiration. Last time I updated my game I downloaded a bunch of haunted lots so that I would be able to give this career a try. Hope it won’t be too buggy.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Paranormal Investigator Startup Instance Fix By TwelfthDoctor1 fixed this issue for me, if you use mods. It is a shame they haven't taken the time to fix this issue though.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I played it the other day for a video (unreleased right now). I did have issues with the UI at the top of the screen. It was just blank but I just chalked it up to a mod that I didn't update. I'm not sure what the bugs are but the UI is my only issue so far.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited February 5
    Popping in here to say I also have the UI issue, as well as very little haunted items spawn for my sim to complete the job.
    I just posted a thread asking about save files, and another wonderful simmer brought this mod from TurboDriver to my attention and it completely fixed the issue.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1011850/paranormal-investigator-career-spawn-issue-fix-mod

Thank god for modders!
    Post edited by JayandMeeka on
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,610 Member
    I was playing it last fall. It was not buggy at all for me. Great gameplay.
  • Options
    CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    It’s been a while, but last time I played a Paranormal Investigator, it worked fine… as long as you didn’t get a job that took you to an apartment. (In which case, I found myself unable to even go inside.)