Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modern Luxe and Poolside Splash Kits Available Now!

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,447 Member
    The modern lux kit looks very interesting. The curtains seem to be modular like the ones from the desert lux kit but don't fall straight down. I've wanted a new vanity table for quite some time now. The painting as a TV is a nice touch. But there are similarities to packs we already have, espacially vintage glamour, so do we really need it?
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    Same room built with objects we already have.
    9f04d4cdac45632fa4d983975f7489d6aeee4d47.jpg
    Interesting comparison. I didn't know we have a clutter handbag in the game. What pack is it from?

As for the poolside kit. I think I can easily skip this one. But it looks like the floaties are part of a full body outfit, not separate accessories which is a missed opportunity.

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Not interested in BB, but swimwear looks solid. Unfortunately nothing really stands out to me so I'll pass on it for now.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    Modern Luxe looks pretty good and it seems to have a zombie head you can put on the shelf. I wish the water wings and inner tube were accessories and not part of the outfit. I'd get silly with water wings
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,027 Member
    Poolside Splash is a poolside flop for me. The floaties are tempting, but as Enki said, there's better CC out there.
    The Modern Lux Kit though, is really pretty. Definitely getting that one.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 445 Member
    edited September 2023
    I have Vinatge Glamour, Island Living and Perfect Patio, so I feel like I already have enough of what’s in these kits. I hope others enjoy them, though. I still only have the two free kits.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,972 Member

Xureila collaborated with our developers and art director to create this Kit. “This entire experience has been amazing! I really enjoyed working with The Sims team,” said Xureila. “From my vision board of the design to choosing the style and colors of the furniture, it was surreal seeing my ideas come to life. This is truly a dream come true! I drew inspiration from Black artists who showcased the luxurious lifestyle of Black individuals. This ultimately served as the primary influence for the project. I mixed in my own personal tastes and interests to create the final product.”
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I'm going to get wayyy more use out of the Poolside Splash kit. I see a top that might work for everyday outfit as well. Too bad we didn't get a BB Poolside kit to go with this one saving the collab kit for another time.

Modern Luxe immediately made me think of Vintage Glamour BB which is kind of disappointing. Missed opportunity to make it more art deco style to match some of the High School Years art deco BB. :/ bummer... But that TV is pretty cool so I'll probably grab it eventually.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member

Is the make-up table a functional variant of the one from Vintage Glamour?

Yes it is.
  • Options
    SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member
    Yay! I've been hoping for new swimsuits for awhile! I've been making my own using simtimates kits haha.
    And I adore the style of modern luxury, I'm gonna get a lot of use out of that ❤️
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,468 Member
    That record player, tho!

Don't think it really fits the term "modern", but it's functional and I love it, so who cares! So cute! <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited September 2023
    @Atreya33
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Interesting comparison. I didn't know we have a clutter handbag in the game. What pack is it from?

5ad855db740de31ba51daa7045ad75d4976e6993.jpg

I fear it's Ages Crumplebottom's iconic bag from the buydebug. Thought somebody would recognize it ;)
    I also placed Princess Cordelia's reproachful looking bust, the toilet trophy and annoyed looking Bob Pancakes to show our displease 😅
    Post edited by Lenny_Ogg on
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,990 Member
    edited September 2023
    Modern Luxe has some items id probably use a lot

(record player, tv, wallpaper, floor/ceiling, curtains, decorative pillow)

but I'm rather worried about the swatches since I'm not much into the modern metal bling

I suppose at worst one could still use it in The Pinnacles I do still have gaudy mega mansion on my to do list

Poolside Splash

idk there isn't really anything Simmingal would wear to poolside but then again if I had it I would probably use it cause there is not all too much swimwear in the game

I do feel like pool build kit would have been more exciting too tbh
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,480 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    That record player, tho!

Don't think it really fits the term "modern", but it's functional and I love it, so who cares! So cute! <3

I was just going to say, that record player would be the main (and possibly only) reason for me to buy the kit!

I got all excited because I remember taking a photograph of a vintage record player just like that, less than a month ago, so here’s me looking for the picture only to discover that it wasn’t a record player at all, but an antique typewriter in a suitcase…
    I must have imagined the record player, my mind tends to wander into myriad different dimensions, although the typewriter was gorgeous too and I want a functional one in my game including the - vrrrttt-TING!- sound ‘n all.

As for the pool side stuff…I only have one question: Will the inflatable floaty thingies stop our sims from drowning? If yes, that would make sense - obviously- but it isn’t any fun. 🙃

I don’t know, I don’t know. This is a “I might sneeze and accidentally hit “buy”” - situation.
    Some items do look similar to what we already have, but none of it is exactly the same. The details make a huge difference. At least to me.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,555 Member
    I like the Modern Luxe - especially the record player, the tv pic and the curtains. The poolside one is a bit meh, I'll probably give that a miss.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,447 Member
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    @Atreya33

5ad855db740de31ba51daa7045ad75d4976e6993.jpg

I fear it's Ages Crumplebottom's iconic bag from the buydebug. Thought somebody would recognize it ;)
    I also placed Princess Cordelia's reproachful looking bust, the toilet trophy and annoyed looking Bob Pancakes to show our displease 😅

Thx. I rarely delve into the buy debug so that why I didn't recognise the bag. :)

Does this mean people without this kit or vintage glamour can now use cc vanity tables?
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I will probably eventually get the new kits as there are items in both that I like. Disappointed though that the tubes and arm inflatables are attached to the swimsuit. I can see it with a child sim near the pool, but not with an adult. If I buy the kit, probably won't use those swimsuits. I definitely want that record player! I always like new furniture even if similar to ones we already have as I enjoy decorating houses to fit the sim who is moving in.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,972 Member
    edited September 2023
    Does this mean people without this kit or vintage glamour can now use cc vanity tables?

Yes. Modders can now make functional base game vanity tables.
  • Options
    I just saw a video by Pixelade that shows the description of the pool kit, and it says that the tube and arm inflatables are accessories! That would mean that they aren't part of the swimsuit. I feel better about the kit now!
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,230 Member
    edited September 2023

I am kinda of get miffed.Sometimes when put things that were in packs.Than released them to the base game.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,230 Member

Yes. Modders can now make functional base game vanity tables.

Alastair that is poative.
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    What about pool slides? :|
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,468 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    That record player, tho!

I was just going to say, that record player would be the main (and possibly only) reason for me to buy the kit!

I got all excited because I remember taking a photograph of a vintage record player just like that, less than a month ago, so here’s me looking for the picture only to discover that it wasn’t a record player at all, but an antique typewriter in a suitcase…
    I must have imagined the record player, my mind tends to wander into myriad different dimensions, although the typewriter was gorgeous too and I want a functional one in my game including the - vrrrttt-TING!- sound ‘n all.

As for the pool side stuff…I only have one question: Will the inflatable floaty thingies stop our sims from drowning? If yes, that would make sense - obviously- but it isn’t any fun. 🙃

I don’t know, I don’t know. This is a “I might sneeze and accidentally hit “buy”” - situation.
    Some items do look similar to what we already have, but none of it is exactly the same. The details make a huge difference. At least to me.

I'd love a typewriter! And all kinds of other vintage items. We have an Off the Grid lot challenge but not enough vintage items to really have a fun retro household. Old telephones from the early 1900s, newspapers, maybe even some child "careers" like a paperboy. I'd really like to be able to play out a more "simple" life without modern electronics. Careers included. A pack dedicated to retro lifestyles would be amazing.

My vampires would feel much more comfortable if they could continue to live the way they did when they were alive. 😁
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    I would love more off-the-grid lighting! It's frustrating how some of the lighting that looks like candles aren't off-the-grid. I would love a kerosine lamp that can be on a hanger on the wall as well as some with fancy globes for a table lamp. I agree that playing a "simple life" with off-the-grid is fun and challenging.