Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who's still playing TS3?

Comments

• Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    I think trees might be causing serious lag for me.

If you have Seasons installed ...
    Trees and other greenery can cause lag when your video card is try to keep up with them blowing in the wind.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 720 Member
    BlackSand wrote: »
    I think trees might be causing serious lag for me.

If you have Seasons installed ...
    Trees and other greenery can cause lag when your video card is try to keep up with them blowing in the wind.

Thank you so much for explaining that to me! I knew something was very different in Moonlight Falls compared to Lucky Palms.
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member

53184107670_06e7e619b5_k.jpg

Playing Sims 3 is the easiest and cheapest way to buy a nice little estate in France ... :D
    Still can get hours of entertainment playing Sims 3.

53183905276_fd10c1cfe9_k.jpg

53183905856_d7a34e4157_k.jpg

53184280003_2bf6e2407f_k.jpg

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    I'm still playing. I set myself the challenge of using everything I ever bought and/or was gifted from the official EA content.

To do this, I made separate folders for every world, so I could just install the items that fit in with that world. I have about 25 The Sims 3 folders on my computer, one for each town I play (that includes a few user-made worlds).

VyQeGBZ.jpg

So, for instance all my future-themed content is of course installed in Lunar Lakes, while the Tiki sets are in Sunlit Tides, etc. I play all the pre-mades, rotation-style, and place community lots where I think they make sense... Not every town has every different type of lot, because sometimes there just isn't room.

RHnZjda.jpg

Sometimes I feel like tweaking a world, sometimes I just want to play so I just start up a town that I have already completely tweaked to see what everyone is up to.

ZEBcHIe.jpg

I made a start with every world, but not every world is totally finished (is anything ever totally finished in this game?) so I think I'll have enough to keep myself entertained for at least another four or five years (after which my computer will probably need to be replaced, and chances are I won't get the game to run any longer...)

Having said that, I did recently manage to install The Sims (a.k.a. Sims 1) on Windows 10, and it plays beautifully. So there's hope yet.

DNArwu3.jpg

(Sorry - I just LOVE the scenery!!)
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    What’s TS3? 😁
    GgDuEWN.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,122 Member
    edited October 2023
    I am! :smiley: 🖐🏻 And always will. (Lately I've been revisiting Sims 2 because I had an itch. ;) I loved the heck out of it <3 before the lovliness of 3's open world suc'ked me in. :star: ) Played 4 once when it first came out, for about 2 hours, couldn't get into it, and have never played it since. I happily went back to playing the iteration I've always loved the most, and I'm always happy to see people discovering and rediscovering it. :blush:

I haven't had much time to play Sims 3 since I started a part-time job back in February. :pensive: It's made me sad, but it's the way life has to be sometimes...especially in today's economy...

*Sigh* Life...
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    UshioUshio Posts: 108 Member
    I re opened the sims 3 after a few years of not playing..

30+ hours later... in less than 2 days lol

I have always loved The Sims 3 for the longest time. Spent money on a game that I barely did gameplay for. But loved making stories, sims and builds even made youtube videos for awhile. Started Streaming (royalghostx) with The Sims 3 and then found Overwatch and that took over my life.

At last, I have found The Sims 3 again and started to download more and more CC for the game. I wanted to try at the LEPacy Challenge. The fact we can choose what DLC through the launcher is great and easy to slowly get back into the game from the beginning.

The Sims 3 Base Game and good old Sunset Valley.

Don't get me wrong about the sims 4, i will love that game and still download CC and pay DLC for it. But taking a break from the loooong waiting for the game to even open is also good.

The Sims 2 will always be my first love, and The Sims 3 will be the second.

I still do my daily CC downloads for The Sims 4 and now The Sim3 since i started playing again looking through my old folders on my PC and finding CC that I still have. I also added Reshade to the game, since i used it for The Sims 4 I wanted to try for the sims 3 as well. But for some reason when i try and take a photo using TAB Camera mode it just spins in a circle and is very sensitive when moving. There was also a recent Windows 10 update that may cause that glitch for some reason idk how to fix.

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Once in a blue moon I go back to my Sims 3 game. It gives me perspective on my Sims 4.
    Plus I still love the following in Sims 3:
    Color Wheel for everything
    Heartshape Bed
    Spiral Stairs
    Fairies & Genies
    Time Machine
    Potter Wheel
    Bridgeport World
    Cars
    Drums & Bass
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I still play Sims 3 but not all the time. I have recently gone back to playing Sims 1 & 2 and while I enjoy them, they are so limiting in what I can create. Sims 3 gives me so much freedom!
    I do like Sims 4 and love some of the things it has (like the rocket ship) but I find myself just wishing I could port them to Sims 3. Sims 3 is the best to me with all you can do and the color wheel. Just never get bored.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    Well, I am using CAW and re-organizing my mods/CC, so sort of but not in the traditional way. I love TS3! :smiley:
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    I'm still playing it. It's just a very satisfying game to play once you get it to run and look exactly how you want.

Looking at the Steam Charts, it usually averages around 2K players every day (using the Steam version of the game, probably more using the app). That's actually really good for such an old game.
    XwZnXbn.png

• Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I started playing in 2013 after years of Sims 2 and Medieval. I loved the color wheel on Medieval and so it made me curious to try 3. Once I did, that was it. It's my favorite in the entire series. Once you get around certain performance issues and add the right mods, it's infinitely fun. 10 years later, I'm STILL discovering things about this game! 4 made me lose hope in the series quite a bit, but maybe EA will learn from their mistakes (stop laughing, it could happen) ;)
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    I've been playing SIMS 3 forever and have no plans to stop. I haven't achieved all the badges (some I will never get). There are times when something surprising happens and I'm excited all over again.
    I tried 4, a few times, but it's not for me. I love that other people enjoy playing the newer vision, because they are happy playing it, but I'll always play SIMS 3 as much as I can. It makes me happy. As one of my favorite teacher Tik Tok-er says "Find your joy".
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited November 2023
    I have been actively playing The Sims 3 since 2012 and will continue to do so until either I or the computer no longer can. I have never tried TS4 and have no interest in TS5 or any other life sim currently in production. Not because they don't look promising but rather because TS3 is a perfect fit for me.

This game is just so incredibly fulfilling.

EDIT: @Naus - And when you factor in those of us who play from disc the number goes even higher!
  • Options
    sonicgamersonicgamer Posts: 31 Member
    I still play the Sims 3; but, I can't get it to run on windows 11. This is why I have my older computer still; it has windows 10, and the Sims 3 runs fine. I love being able to tweak the amount of days for each life stage; I usually make sure the baby, toddler and child life stages are shorter than teen, young adult and adult; I don't usually tweak the elder life stage; and just let them live for however long they have upon reaching that stage.
  • Options
    pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    I still rotate between TS2 and TS3...just can't get into TS4. I have invested too much into the others. If I could play the original version...I would! That's my jam!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I try to play all my sims games but it is difficult as life is so busy right now. My computer is OK, but the graphics isn't, so I haven't been able to really play Sims 3 without problems. My grandson surprised me by building himself and his brother a gaming computer at 14 years old! I told him about the problem with Sims 3, so now he is going to build me one. We ordered all the parts, and I can't wait to be able to play Sims 3 again! I miss World Adventures so much and am hoping the firefighter career will work with this new computer! My grandson told me it will play the demanding games well! So excited to be looking forward to playing Sims 3 again!
  • Options
    Rob1992Rob1992 Posts: 56 Member
    I've mostly played the sims 3 as my most recent game. TS4 is just so...bland. and the way they stretch packs is just terrible. It's the sims 3 store all over again. My girlfriend used to mostly just 4 but got bored of it recently and usually just turns the game off after 15 minutes. She tried to play 3 again after not playing it for years and now she's already invested several hours on the first evening and is very attached to her german shepard named pandora.
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    I still rotate between TS2 and TS3...just can't get into TS4. I have invested too much into the others. If I could play the original version...I would! That's my jam!

I wonder if I would enjoy The Original Sims like I did when it first came out. I just love the sandbox that is TS3 but I think if I could (I didn't keep my discs) I'd play TS1 and TS2 again as well.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    Rob1992Rob1992 Posts: 56 Member
    > @MamaSimTee said:
    > I wonder if I would enjoy The Original Sims like I did when it first came out. I just love the sandbox that is TS3 but I think if I could (I didn't keep my discs) I'd play TS1 and TS2 again as well.

I got sims 1 to run almost trivially easy, it didn't even require a DLL like the sims 2 does. it's *deffinitly* a product of it's time tho. no resolution settings and it doesn't even have a concept of widescreen. So your best bet is forcing it to run in windowed mode at the maximum resolution, which is something*785 or something like that. Still has it's charm.

Also i wanted to post an image here, but apparently "new members" have to get 25 nondescript "points" before they can and make 15 posts. What's there to post if you can't post images of the thing you're talking about.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited December 2023
    I currently play TS2-4 right now. I was on a huge TS3 kick for a long while, even created my first ever world with CAW. Then the new TS4 EP was announced and it actually looked interesting so I have been getting a save file ready for that the past two weeks.

But TS2 for MAC was on sale since Aspyr media has the publishing rights, so i got that for my mac and played it on my birthday.

BUT-- :D

Yeah but jokes aside, I play TS3 a lot and it's one of my most beloved games <3 It will always be my favorite of the franchise.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited December 2023
    XfDmyko.jpg
    I don't know if I'm satisfying my "playing" desire or my photography bug (because I can't get back into real photography (I do nature/wildlife/landscapes - and that takes being in good physical condition) due to my health (cardiac and respiratory issues).
    FSRWh4G.jpg
    4gAkO1h.jpg
    anwDP9U.jpg
    So...yeah...I guess I'm playing Sims 3...a lot.

...when I'm not playing SWTOR out of frustration trying to "slaughter" Imperials or Republic troops as either my
    CHzpQqD.png
    Jedi Master Claria Redsun

...or my Sith Inquisitor

Darth Nox (Keron Yun), member of the Dark Council.
    7fHshIw.png
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Just started The Sim 3 a few days ago and really wish I hadn't let all the talk about it being a hot buggy mess discourage me. Although it's about guaranteed to crash once or twice during sim creation, after that it runs great for me even with all settings maxed (Get to put off buying a newer gaming PC for at least another decade). Love the open world and with just the base game I've been enjoying doing many things that I had to spend a small fortune for expansion in Sims 4 to do.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    I bought TS 4 and I couldn't control my sim, they wanted to do their own thing, so I figured since an EA script wanted to play it, I'd let them and my TS 4 experience lasted a whole 30 minutes. I'm STILL surprised at what new things I see in TS 3 and there's still things I haven't done. I set my own challenges and rules and I have a blast doing it. I'm now playing with a scaled back Century Manor Then (Now was too messy to deal with with the triangles on the interior.) A single sim owns it and she's filling it with her own kids, running a daycare (she got the van!) and she's making the manor her own. TS 3 for me!
    😩😩 I wish I coulddddd but it's so laggy 😭😭 it was such a well rounded game

I have these 3 settings all turned down one notch, Tree detail, Draw distance and High Detail lots and I don't have lag issues now; only VERY occasionally and I think it's when elders are dying. In Isla, I just moved a couple people to houses from houseboats and put barges in on the troublesome ports and don't have lag there either. It's got the most comprehensive game, so I still enjoy that too.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    @BlackSand LOVE your builds!
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport