Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who's still playing TS3?

After playing TS4 for a while now I decided to install TS3 again and to be honest I'm having so much fun. Way more fun than TS4. I forgot how good we had it before TS4 came around. I've been buying store content and I'm planning on buying the rest of the worlds that I'm missing. I literally feel like playing TS3 everyday now. I've also been watching all the old TS3 trailers and the amount of negativity in the comments under every trailer about TS4 is hilarious to me.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Comments

• Options
    SimsEquusSimsEquus Posts: 4 New Member
    honestly I love TS3 over 4 hell even 2 over 4 but that's because of the graphics, I opened a horse community roleplay forum (https://sims-equus.com) for TS3 and TS4 because the old one closed down.
    We all lost soooooo much Sims 3 mods because of the loss of the forum.
    It's a shame as it was amazing,
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 720 Member
    sam123 wrote: »

I am right there with you. I jumped ship a couple days before Horse Ranch was released. I am having a blast!

Have you settled into a world or are you still sampling? I have been switching back and forth from Sunset Valley to Moonlight Falls. As a newer player, I sometimes go back to Sunset Valley for a more generic experience to practice learning to play the general game. I think I am over the hump now and can camp out longterm in Moonlight Falls.

At first I added all sorts of store content and mods, but I am pulling most of that back out again.

• Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    I play both 3 and 4 regularly (and sometimes also 2). I played TS3 years back when it first came out, but after a while it developed graphics issues that made it totally unplayable on my Mac. Then TS4 came out and I switched to that. But around 2020 they released a 64 bit version of TS3 for the Mac and I was really excited to get back into it again. Since then I've gradually caught up with the packs and Store worlds I never had before. I still have to be careful when I play as it can crash very easily, and I wouldn't play without the core NRAAs mods which stop some issues becoming more serious. But I'm having great fun with it.

I have to say though that I do prefer TS4. Partly because I first discovered the Sims with TS2, and 4 is more like 2, and also because I just prefer the look, the art style and the graphics of 4. Some people don't like the shell buildings in TS4, but I love how full the worlds look (even if most buildings are empty) and how the Sims themselves look. For me, I think that playing both games alongside each other helps me appreciate each one more.
  • Options
    For me, I think that playing both games alongside each other helps me appreciate each one more.

Playing both games has helped me play both games better. I have so much more context of what EA and the modders are trying to do and why they are doing it. I don't think we can have it all in one game. As much as I am enjoying the novelty of all the things that I can do in Sims 3, this morning, I have realized that there are some things that I cannot do, or are not worth doing in Sims 3 that I can do in Sims 4. Instead of modding either game, if I really want to do a certain thing, I think I just need to switch games.

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:

I got burned out on TS3 CAW so I mostly played TS2 for several years. :smile:
    It's been several months now that I've been on a Sims 3 binge. I'm trying to do everything in the game and earn all the Badges. :lol:
    I don't know why the badges now. :blush:
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    Hi! I’ve been playing The Sims 3 forever and tried so hard to love Sims 4. Snowy Escape captured my heart for a little and even Seasons and University had niche additions that felt positive but I just can’t ever fall out of love with 3. I’ll always prefer an open world and realistic graphics. I’ve been developing an entire blog with stories, guides and challenges just for The Sims 3 because it’s simply the best hehe
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :mrgreen:

I got burned out on TS3 CAW so I mostly played TS2 for several years. :smile:
    It's been several months now that I've been on a Sims 3 binge. I'm trying to do everything in the game and earn all the Badges. :lol:
    I don't know why the badges now. :blush:

I see the badges, but don't really know what that is all about.
    Hi! I’ve been playing The Sims 3 forever and tried so hard to love Sims 4. Snowy Escape captured my heart for a little and even Seasons and University had niche additions that felt positive but I just can’t ever fall out of love with 3. I’ll always prefer an open world and realistic graphics. I’ve been developing an entire blog with stories, guides and challenges just for The Sims 3 because it’s simply the best hehe

Snowy Escape was the last world that I really played in the Sims 4. I had a character that I cheated into Father Winter's Baby. I love and hate that world. It does not have a single public computer and is missing several other basic things that I am used to having, but I love so many other things about it. I have not tried the winter sports or traveling to Asia in the Sims 3, yet.

• Options
    jamie2112jamie2112 Posts: 86 Member
    I'm trying to get back into it, because I used to enjoy it a lot more than TS4. I'm kinda struggling to figure out how to mod TS3, and I find the gameplay a little boring without them. Downloading CC is easy, but i often get error messages. I enjoy the Late Night explosion pack though, it's really fun.
    Gallery/EA ID: xh0neybucket | Sims 3 Exchange: jamiemarie2112 | Simblr: xh0neybucketsims | Melvins rule, you do not.
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    @Katofhyrule12 I get that, I really loved the Japanese culture and all the new activities. I wish Sims 3 had Mt Komerebi with all the hiking and sports. Definitely recommend China in Sims 3 for the martial arts!

@jamie2112 is there anything in particular you need help with? I have quite a few mods so can point you to the ones I use and the instructions for installing if that would help?
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    . Definitely recommend China in Sims 3 for the martial arts!

That sounds like fun! I want to try that. There are so many things that I want to try. Today, I met my first unicorn!

Sam123, I hope it is not too offtopic to post this link. I found this 85 episode tutorial walkthrough that is very useful for those of us that are still learning to play the game. In the first episode, the couple is sleeping in a bed outside. Is this just basegame? I do not have the context to always understand what I am seeing.

• Completing all 32 Lifetime Wishes
    • Maxing out all ten skills
    • Completing all skill challenges in all skills
    • Collecting every gem, metal, space rock, beetle and butterfly available in the Sims 3 base game
    • Completing all 14 available full-time career paths
    • Completing all four available part-time careers
    • Becoming a partner and buying out all businesses, properties and venues
    • Having one ghost of each color on the home lot

Pete Completes: The Sims 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGPFfb_zEag&list=PL_lgEqY9K6UWdjQ0aiEY4PYEB-ZQHRZW8&index=1

• Options
    GothangelGothangel Posts: 128 Member
    i love sims 3 world Adventures and late night and pet
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited August 2023
    There are some great user-created worlds for Sims 3 as well. Take a look at this thread to see some of the suggestions for worlds that other players have used. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/883075/worlds-you-cant-live-without#latest

Most people talk about EA worlds in that thread, but there are a few suggestions for user-created worlds as well. @Rflong7 and Nilxis are two who create worlds that are absolutely spectacular.

...and to answer your question: Yes, I still play Sims 3...as often as I can get on with my ****** internet connection at home.

ZZtswLa.jpg
    Update: I've started taking my computer (Tiny) with me so I can sit in the mall. The size of that USB to Lightning charging cable connection should give you an idea of how big the case is. :mrgreen: and yes, it can still play "Sims 3".

It does perfectly fine with the high-graphics water too.
    PwH8mAM.jpg
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member

I am right there with you. I jumped ship a couple days before Horse Ranch was released. I am having a blast!

Have you settled into a world or are you still sampling? I have been switching back and forth from Sunset Valley to Moonlight Falls. As a newer player, I sometimes go back to Sunset Valley for a more generic experience to practice learning to play the general game. I think I am over the hump now and can camp out longterm in Moonlight Falls.

At first I added all sorts of store content and mods, but I am pulling most of that back out again.

That sounds like fun!! I started a new legacy in SV, nothing beats that world for me it's literally perfect. I fixed a lot of the lots from other EPs there as well so I can experience basically everything there. It's just so nostalgic to me, I think later down the line my sims might move to another neighborhood but so far SV is good. I've been buying a lot of store content I always wanted as well, there's still like 2 more worlds I need but I'm having so much fun. I love TS3 so much!!
  • Options
    I love TS3 so much!!

I love the color wheel and texture swatches, especially when customizing a bed.

• Options
    CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    edited August 2023
    I took a bit of a Sims 3 break the past year or so but I just got back into it and am setting up a new game this week. I tried Sims 4 back when it came out, but it's just so boring and lacking in content. (My Sims 3 break was for Skyrim, not Sims 4!)

I'm so glad to see people still playing and modding and creating!
  • Options
    LoLyChupaLoLyChupa Posts: 27 Member
    This is the first game of the Sims Franchise that I played and my favorite by far <3 . Even if I recently begun to play to the Sims 2 and I love it too.
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member

OMG ... They made a Sims 4?
    When the heck did they do that, and why ... :D

51382578867_79c6f9f00e_k.jpg

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited September 2023
    WfXWZyU.gif
    @BlackSand, awesome...
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    CharlieBleuCharlieBleu Posts: 177 Member
    I am still playing, I tried S4, but I didn't like it. Sure the graphics were better, but the game play wasn't as fun.
    Feel free to add me to your Sims 3 friend list! I'm DMCharlie2017
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,369 Member
    BlackSand wrote: »

OMG ... They made a Sims 4?
    When the heck did they do that, and why ... :D

😂 best comment

• Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Still playing on The Sims 3
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    DreamingAboutBREADDreamingAboutBREAD Posts: 9 New Member
    😩😩 I wish I coulddddd but it's so laggy 😭😭 it was such a well rounded game
  • Options
    😩😩 I wish I coulddddd but it's so laggy 😭😭 it was such a well rounded game

I recently purchased Lucky Palms and I have SO much less lag in Lucky Palms any others. I think trees might be causing serious lag for me. I also recently reinstalled Windows from scratch and do not leave the game logged in while playing and both of those changes made a huge difference.