Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do Sims go outside in freezing weather when they don't need to?

Why do Sims go outside in freezing weather when they don't need to?

I ask because my family of sims have this problem. It's the day before Winterfest, it's bitter cold outside. While I'm trying to make sure they all get their basic needs taken care of I noticed that Edmond (the father) has wandered off. I look, he's outside in his bathing suit floating in the pool and nearly freezing to death. And he would have stayed there if I didn't make him come and warm up.

But why? He's not the only one to do this. The day before his wife Jade was doing the same thing even though the cold is making them miserable. Is it because the can't find anything else to do inside? I don't understand why they would purposely freeze themselves.

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
    Sims are simply not as smart as they are sold as. I have the same problem, and I often get the warning that so and so is about to freeze to death, and I find them in the swimming pool.

EA should either program this a tad smarter, or provide us with a way to cover up our swimming pools in Winter. I refuse to build fences because then those fences will be packed with blinking lamps and flags whenever there is a holiday.

This is a bigger problem than in previous sims series, because now sims can enter the pool from anywhere. In the past (I think) they needed a diving board or ladder to enter the pool, then we could at least just removed those two in Winter. Deleting the entire pool once a year seems ridiculous to me, lol.

PS: Had the same problem with basketball hoop in the past, it was simply too strong a magnet to most of my sims. Even fat sims who never ever worked out just had to run outside to play with that hoop during freezing Winter.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Simply because sims are not able to calculate all the circumstances surrounding their activities or consequences of their actions. They are programmed to be attracted to random objects and the pool is a popular choice lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Not to mention the water slide it is a certain death
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,438 Member
    You can warm up the swimming pool by adding geothermal trait to your lot. I always add it to my pools.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,475 Member
    This is why I don't use pools unless they are on the public pool lot. I can't stand the nonsensical behavior and it makes me really hate pools altogether. Sims in this game could really use some work in the awareness department. They just never seem to really know what's going on around them, they act and react generically instead of circumstantially.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited June 2023
    My evil guess is that the Sims team let's them do things like these (the cheating thing is another example) to cause a little ruckus in a game with lacking gameplay and a lot of boredom.

My suggestions against freezing sims:

2da7a18fac9f011a3d345edd3c3631ea94bd0c77.jpg
    or (there is also an 'Ice Proof' reward)
    3544c8b7b4530a9b6bffcd8e9b0f08a40e33e627.jpg

Before you do this go for:
    3b0d0737a5e7bbfc247176a5ab29a74949fb2616.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨