Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did they remove alien abduction pregnancy?

PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
I have a male scientist that I am desperately trying to get pregnant from abduction. It's been my experience (as some of you may know from my past posts) that such pregnancies are extremely easy, or at least they were.
Now that I am desperate to make this happen, it just isn't working. I'm on my fifth abduction and still no signs of pregnancy.
It was reported back in April in the bugs thread at EA but haven't seen anything about whether or not it is an actual bug.
So I was wondering if any of you fine people (or whatever you identify as) may know something.
I don't know why I'm so desperate to make this happen but my game just doesn't feel complete without at least one alien baby in each household.
Please help an old Simmer out. Thanks!
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I was crazy desperate for my Erik Cantrell to get abducted and come back preggers back in Sims3. No matter what I did, the Aliens were more interested in his Bot. I haven't had an abduction for a very long time. Guess my Sims don't venture out enough at night. Are there really any aliens out there? Not so much, I fear. But then again, I don't have that normal-sized telescope either.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    I was crazy desperate for my Erik Cantrell to get abducted and come back preggers back in Sims3. No matter what I did, the Aliens were more interested in his Bot. I haven't had an abduction for a very long time. Guess my Sims don't venture out enough at night. Are there really any aliens out there? Not so much, I fear. But then again, I don't have that normal-sized telescope either.

You don't use a telescope in sims 4, you use a satellite that comes with get to work and you don't have to be outside.

After using the "contact aliens" option on the satellite, you just go about your day, if you get no alien visitors or phone calls from aliens, then chances are high that you'll get abducted that night. If the one who contacted the aliens is male, then there's supposed to be a chance of getting pregnant by a female alien while abducted. However, this has not happened on this family yet.

Note: I took a break from Sims for a long while so coming back, the infants pack and update had dropped so I don't know if that's where the problem is or not. I don't have the pack yet but the update was mandatory so I do have that.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member

You don't use a telescope in sims 4, you use a satellite that comes with get to work and you don't have to be outside.

After using the "contact aliens" option on the satellite, you just go about your day, if you get no alien visitors or phone calls from aliens, then chances are high that you'll get abducted that night. If the one who contacted the aliens is male, then there's supposed to be a chance of getting pregnant by a female alien while abducted. However, this has not happened on this family yet.

Note: I took a break from Sims for a long while so coming back, the infants pack and update had dropped so I don't know if that's where the problem is or not. I don't have the pack yet but the update was mandatory so I do have that.

Actually, level 7 of Logic skill unlocks "Search for The Truth" interaction on telescopes, which helps to increase the chances of it happening.

I don't know how it is now, but the Internet says that the chance of getting pregnant is 25%.
  • Options
    EgonVM wrote: »

Actually, level 7 of Logic skill unlocks "Search for The Truth" interaction on telescopes, which helps to increase the chances of it happening.

I don't know how it is now, but the Internet says that the chance of getting pregnant is 25%.

Thanks for the correction, I've tried that interaction in the past but didn't get anything so gave up on it quickly after learning about the satellite.

And yeah, there's supposed to be a 25% chance but that comes out to 1 in 4 abductions resulting in pregnancy. I've now tried seven times. Others have reported trying 100 or more times with 0 pregnancies.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Oh man. I really, REALLY hope they didn't go and nerf this too. :flushed:
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    Oh man. I really, REALLY hope they didn't go and nerf this too. :flushed:

Same here!
  • Options
    brizgalbrizgal Posts: 147 Member
    I always save my game at 10pm and can exit without saving if no abduction. Once the sims gets the option to investigate lights just as they are being abducted I save again and then exit without saving if they are not pregnant. When I return to the game, sim is at the point of being abducted again. I used to save as soon as they had beamed down from abduction, but that seemed to stop working so now it is save at investigate lights point. Since GT released, I am still easily able to get sims abducted but no alien pregnancies. I haven’t played a hybrid pair to see if those pregnancies are still able to happen (will head straight to a new game and test this once I finish this post). With my latest game, I have been on the ‘save, play, exit without save’ roundabout for way too many hours of RL playtime now and still not pregnant. Gave up in the early hours this morning, enabled mods, restarted game and used mccc. I had pulled all my mods out of my games and was trying to play without any, but it seems the “powers that be” have decided that players need to rely on mods to play our game the way we want. The Sims 4 developers and by default publishers claim inclusivity, but theirs is a very rigid inclusivity - almost to the point of exclusivity. There is no inclusivity for people who want alien pregnancies, or other forms of paranormal play; no real inclusivity for people like myself with disabilities or other issues… there are hearing aids in the game now - but no earrings if you use the hearing aids. But Sims 4 “inclusivity” is an entire topic by itself!

Alien abduction and pregnancy is an issue that is constantly being discussed by by many of the individuals who are buying and playing the game. The answer seems simple. Why can’t the game options incorporate a sliding scale that goes from no aliens to alien invasion; and an on/off toggle for alien pregnancies? This sliding scale could be duplicated to include werewolves, vampires… It wouldn’t take much coding to do this and would result in all players being able to play the paranormal section of the game the way they want. Everyone wins!
  • Options
    I'm not so sure I like the idea of a tic box for alien pregnancies because I like the random 'will it happen this time' feeling. But it seems to be now a 'what's the point? It won't happen' situation now.
    Also as a console player mods are not an option so if they removed or nerfed it, we once again get the screw.
  • Options
    brizgalbrizgal Posts: 147 Member
    Sorry, did not make myself very clear there. I actually meant the toggle to be Opt in/opt out for possibility of alien pregnancies after abductions. Opt out and you know there will be no pregnancies after abductions. Opt in and you may or may not get pregnant after abduction at the 25% chance rate.
  • Options
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    The first household that I played after installing Growing Together was my alien household, made up of the two aliens I had raised due to earlier abductions and one townie alien. One of my kids and the townie already had twins. The other of my kids was in the scientist career. The father of the twins was abducted and did get pregnant. So definitely still happening. In my experience the odds of pregnancy are inversely proportional to how convenient an alien baby would be at the time. This particular father was conceived on the day his father aged to YA and just happened to be abducted.
  • Options
    Glad to hear they're still happening! What do you mean convenient? I like chaos so if there is some kind of "convenient" code, I need to know.
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    No, they're not happening, this is a bug and it needs to be fixed soon.
  • Options
    @Daephene you're absolutely positive that the pregnancy happened after GT because I'm now on my twelfth abduction with no pregnancy and no one else seems able to do it either.

I wish I could undo the infant update and see if it would work.

@plumboy23 do you have GT or just the infant update?
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    I had an alien abduction pregnancy happen in one of my games fairly recently. It happened the very first time he got abducted. Would have been during the patch right before the infants patch though, so something might have gotten messed up with that patch since it sounds like others are finding it difficult since then.

It does seem like the chance might be a little less than 25%. In a different save, I've had a guy get abducted about 9 or 10 times and he has only gotten pregnant once.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    We've only had 1 report of pregnancy after the update and that appears to be with Get Together pack. @GlacierSnow you said you had one get pregnant after the patch but before the infant patch, also you have another save where someone got pregnant 1 time in 9 abductions so 1/9 of the time. Was this also between patches? Do you have Get Together?

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    I've never had an alien abduction pregnancy in my game, ever, since I started playing in 2019. I have all the EPs and am fully patched. After trying for a long time, doing the things Sims are supposed to do, I just gave up and saved some aliens to my library to... use... when I wanted an alien baby.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I've never had an alien abduction pregnancy in my game, ever, since I started playing in 2019. I have all the EPs and am fully patched. After trying for a long time, doing the things Sims are supposed to do, I just gave up and saved some aliens to my library to... use... when I wanted an alien baby.

Ever? That doesn't make sense. It sounds like maybe a file got corrupted during install? It used to be very easy to get abducted and pregnant.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @Daephene you're absolutely positive that the pregnancy happened after GT because I'm now on my twelfth abduction with no pregnancy and no one else seems able to do it either.

I wish I could undo the infant update and see if it would work.

@plumboy23 do you have GT or just the infant update?

It was after installing GT but before they temporarily took out the loose tooth feature. So I guess I can't confirm it still happens after all of the patches.
  • Options
    Ah, okay. I'm wondering is maybe a new save might be required. The game I've been trying on is a pre-GT game. I hope that's not the issue because that save has my most chaotic moment on it, and of course it involved an alien abduction pregnancy.
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    I can tell you it happened in my game to my sim males in one family all are pregnant after I got GTO but I do have the mcc mod, and while you can increase the chances of pregnancy with it, I don't know if they nerfed it in the game the mod would override it and continue for it to still happen.

• Options
    I would say the the mod is doing just that since no one without the mod seems able of doing it. I'm testing on a new game now so I'll post if I get my dude pregnant.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    @PenguinFoop good luck on becoming an expectant Watcher 🙂.
  • Options
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    edited June 2023
    I doubt it, but I'll look into it next time I play this sim.

03_06_16.png

Edit: He looks like this now:

04_06_11.png

I have every pack including Kits.

Edit II: Thinking about it, the alien abduction shown probably happened either during or right after the latest Gallery Maintaince meaning on June 3 or 4 2023.

Post edited by BoergeAarg61 on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top