Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think people are confuse on what mmo vs multiplayer is?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    The issue is not whether it's optional or not, the issue us how it impacts the rest of the game. What does it take away from the single player aspect? Because it's simply not possible to have both parts fully fleshed out fully, something has to give to make it work.

That's definitely not true.Have you play a game called stardew valley ? They have a single player and optional multiplayer mode.Nothing was taken away from the main game.Multiplayer is not a different game entirely.Its the same game with a different mode.

No, not my thing. But Stardew Valley is absolutely nothing like Sims. It's closer to a Facebook game than it is Sims. Maybe an older SimCity.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    The issue is not whether it's optional or not, the issue us how it impacts the rest of the game. What does it take away from the single player aspect? Because it's simply not possible to have both parts fully fleshed out fully, something has to give to make it work.

That's definitely not true.Have you play a game called stardew valley ? They have a single player and optional multiplayer mode.Nothing was taken away from the main game.Multiplayer is not a different game entirely.Its the same game with a different mode.

No, not my thing. But Stardew Valley is absolutely nothing like Sims. It's closer to a Facebook game than it is Sims. Maybe an older SimCity.

I wouldn't personally consider stardew valley like a Facebook game.Why it does use pixel art .It's a pretty deep game,and it's still a sandbox.Its is very possible too have both in the sims.

• Options
    RoaringHeightsRoaringHeights Posts: 34 Member
    edited August 2023
    God everything about this just 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off.
    q1dv2dymtihb1.jpg

It seems that build mode isn't even a thing and they're focusing entirely on apartments, plus, why is it being branded as a mobile + HD game?? That's like PS3 level weak.
    Simmer since 2012, The Sims 2, 3 & 4. Setup: i5 10400f, GTX 1650 SUPER, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD & Steam Deck
  • Options
    Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    God everything about this just 🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off.
    q1dv2dymtihb1.jpg

It seems that build mode isn't even a thing and they're focusing entirely on apartments, plus, why is it being branded as a mobile + HD game?? That's like PS3 level weak.

I was hoping that the so far only showing apartments was a sign they just weren't ready yet to show off build mode. But if they've included it in the job descriptions for the game, it looks far more likely as you've said. They will probably then charge real money to upgrade to a bigger apartment, or add rooms to yours, like what the Sims Mobile does. This will kill the franchise. At least we now have competitors to move on to.

I wonder if the Sims team is aware, their own forum's folder on Project Rene really only gets updated with posts for Life by You and Paralives. :D
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    q1dv2dymtihb1.jpg

I HOPE René is a red herring and not actually Sims 5 at all, but a multiplayer Urbs, basically. I HOPE.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    RoaringHeightsRoaringHeights Posts: 34 Member
    edited August 2023
    q1dv2dymtihb1.jpg

I HOPE René is a red herring and not actually Sims 5 at all, but a multiplayer Urbs, basically. I HOPE.

Unfortunately it's The Sims 5, thats why there's a huge emphasis on "next-generation sims game"; but regardless I feel incredibly hopeless about this franchises future...
    Simmer since 2012, The Sims 2, 3 & 4. Setup: i5 10400f, GTX 1650 SUPER, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD & Steam Deck
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member

That's definitely not true.Have you play a game called stardew valley ? They have a single player and optional multiplayer mode. Nothing was taken away from the main game. Multiplayer is not a different game entirely. Its the same game with a different mode.

The thing with a game like stardew though, is it was an indie game made by one person. He got full control of everything and it was a passion project. The Sims is now part of a AAA game company, so if they take budget and use it on one feature, I fear they will cut corners on other features that actually make the game great and that many simmers have loved for over 2 decades. That is my main concern when i hear that. Sure the option could be cool for those who want it, but it seems they are doing even more to "revolutionize" The Sims by adding newer features that may possibly limit the gameplay etc.. I say maybe because I obv do not know if it's for sure, but I totally get why many are concerned since this is EA.
  • Options
    Between Baldur's Gate 3 and (soon) Starfield I hope AAA studios realize games as services is not the best way to make a profit.
  • Options
    RPGTabbycatRPGTabbycat Posts: 48 Member
    Honestly, I'm on the fence about Sims 5 because it is Multi-player, or has the potential to be. I don't want other players in my sims world. When I want to be social or play with friends, I play FFXIV. I just don't see myself not playing FFXIV to play Sims 5.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Honestly, I'm on the fence about Sims 5 because it is Multi-player, or has the potential to be. I don't want other players in my sims world. When I want to be social or play with friends, I play FFXIV. I just don't see myself not playing FFXIV to play Sims 5.

The multiplayer will be entirely optional.They will be a single player mode.
  • Options
    Diamondback7TCDiamondback7TC Posts: 20 Member
    I want an MMORPG, but even just playing multiplayer with friends and family is way more fun than playing by myself.
    I do not want to play by myself. I sniffles.
    I don't like playing games by myself. I'm not antisocial, I'm social. I want to play games with other players.
    Playing games by myself bores me, and I lose interest. I'm going to stop buying one-player games.
  • Options
    CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    I absolutely love Stardew Valley and I do have a co op save game I play with my partner. But like others have said, it was a passion project and Concerned Ape made bank on it because A. it's a great game and his vision, not trying to just appeal to everyone everywhere and B. he fixed bugs and added (free) content. Also, multiplayer was not in the original plans and he's said his new game will not have multiplayer because of all the hassle to do it on every platform (though I bet he will bring it in, after a while, if it's possible).

I almost wish EA would make 2 games. The Sims 2/3 one that a lot of us love and still play (possibly an older demographic, but we spend money!) and the Sims 4/all ages/online social game they seem desperate to make.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I absolutely love Stardew Valley and I do have a co op save game I play with my partner. But like others have said, it was a passion project and Concerned Ape made bank on it because A. it's a great game and his vision, not trying to just appeal to everyone everywhere and B. he fixed bugs and added (free) content. Also, multiplayer was not in the original plans and he's said his new game will not have multiplayer because of all the hassle to do it on every platform (though I bet he will bring it in, after a while, if it's possible).

I almost wish EA would make 2 games. The Sims 2/3 one that a lot of us love and still play (possibly an older demographic, but we spend money!) and the Sims 4/all ages/online social game they seem desperate to make.

Don't forget Sims 1 ! A lot of us loved Sims 1 as well as 2 and 3.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    Yes! I didn't mean to leave anyone out! It is different from 2/3 but still very fun and engaging.

Don't forget Sims 1 ! A lot of us loved Sims 1 as well as 2 and 3.

• Options
    I want an MMORPG, but even just playing multiplayer with friends and family is way more fun than playing by myself.
    I do not want to play by myself. I sniffles.
    I don't like playing games by myself. I'm not antisocial, I'm social. I want to play games with other players.
    Playing games by myself bores me, and I lose interest. I'm going to stop buying one-player games.

And that's fine; You do you.
    I basically never buy games with a multiplayer function (and DEFINITELY never ever ever a game that is only multiplayer) for the opposite reason: I want to create or experience a story by myself. I wouldn't put an audio book on my speakers and broadcast from my balcony after all; why would I play a story based RPG together with others? And I want to take 200 hours sculpting the perfect city in Cities: Skylines without the interference of some online j...s that I will have to report for hate speech after 2 of those hours?