Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone done multiple legacies in the same save?

I've always started a new game every time I start a new legacy, but recently I noticed the Legacy Leader achievement and thought, but how? Has anyone ever done multiple legacies in the same save?

How? Any advice?

I'd really like to stick with the same game, but I get bored and want to play different families. Can I actually do multiple legacies within the same game and just trade off which family I'm playing with?

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,972 Member
    I play multiple families in the same save but also none of them can really be called legacy yet :sweat_smile:

I just have like little families all over my save and i play whichever household I please

the only problem I really have is that since i play premade sims the timeline is real mess :sweat_smile:

So sometimes I get stuck in this " to play this family i first have to play these other families"

if it was all my own sims though it would be much easier as the timeline does not exist then but thats also kind of sad to me since i love to explore premade sim stories
    😅
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member

@Simmingal Oh cool! Do you play with aging off? That's what I usually do, because I get attached, but id like to challenge myself to a time limit.

I really got into playing out the stories of a few pre-mades one time, but never long enough to run into that problem. Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    Yeah aging off is a must since time passes for all your sims even though you are only playing one family :sweat_smile:

i think there is option for only played family or something but not risking it since it would be so chaotic with sims aging on their own :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    oh and also i think sims in other households gain skills /change jobs and try to start university on their own so thats bit of a issue with multiple households

I don't know if sims in "my households" can do that though so it could be that i have most of my sims in other households

but i also feel like if i put all my played sims in my households game could not take it :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    Yeah I understand! I like having the control over when they move, etc. It's funny. I thought I'd love neighborhood stories, but I just end up turning it off every time. And yes, there's a way to turn aging off of all other households, and just play yours on aging on. I do that when I want a challenge.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Yeah I don't really use neighborhood stories its fun in theory but I feel like its one of those features where I am like I'll probably use it... in very distant dystopian future where I've run out of things to play with and would like game to play itself for me 😂😂 heck my sims don't even have autonomy on as if id give them power over big life decisions
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,106 Member
    I play genetacy, which is kind of like multiple legacies - it's all one family, but each household starts their own legacy, if that makes sense. Sims 4 is not as friendly to that style of play as Sims 2 was, though - you will run out of room fast. Especially if you only like certain size lots.
  • Options
    @WildIrishBanshee Oh that sounds interesting! Is that one listed in the legacy challenges list? I like the idea of expanding families.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,106 Member
    edited March 2023
    No, as it follows the legacy challenge for the most part. The only differences are you start with two sims (husband and wife) out of CAS, and each generation has to have 3 children between the two genetic parents. Any other children can't be heir. I also do first born male inherits, but that's not required, really...just makes it a bit more of a challenge if the parents have only girls lol.

Forgot to mention that all sims must be played. Which differs a bit from legacy, I think - it's been awhile since I've looked at rules. You can use any ruleset from the legacy challenge with it, though.
  • Options
    This sounds really neat. I'm getting my game ready for Growing Together. Just trying to decide how I want to set my game up...normal or long lifespan, favorite all premades or delete them all, etc.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 554 Member
    edited March 2023
    The question for me is how can you resist doing multi-legacy saves? It's the only way I play. One of my saves has 100 baby challenge, Not So Berry and Zombie Apocalypse all in one, although branches of the different legacies have intertwined over time. I also have played through the DHD career a few times in that save. One thing to note is, if you aren't going to play with aging settings on Sims 2 mode (only active household aging), you need to micromanage Sims 4 mode aging. Sims 3 mode (everybody aging together) is a no no.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    Ooooh! @Eleri tell me morrrrre!

This is exactly how I want to play, but I keep reading the "rules" to challenges and starting another 🐸🐸🐸🐸 save, LOL. And then I wonder why I can't stick with one game save.

I would LOVE more tips. Like how do you keep your family trees from breaking? Can you move a household to another lot mid challenge and it not break anything? How do you pass on collections, etc?
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 554 Member
    I had to look up what you meant about breaking family trees and I don't think I've seen it, but maybe I just don't remember.

Moving a household to a new lot isn't an issue as long as you do a thorough sweep and make sure you don't leave anything important behind (photos, birth certificates,collections, accolades,etc.). Also, more expensive items that you don't want to have to buy again at full price should be moved to the household inventory. I like to relocate every once in a while for the sake of variety.

When you say collections, do you mean in the panel that allows you to keep track of how much you've collected? If so, those are attached to the household. If you start a new, offshoot household, let's say one of the kids grows up and moves out on their own, they won't get credit for what their ancestors did if you decide to play that household instead.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    @Eleri All of this is so helpful...thank you!