Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone know anything about all the missing Sims 3 and Sims 3 store content?

I reached out to EA help this past weekend because I had decided to play Sims 3, and realized some of my purchased content hadn't installed. And I got a bunch of pop-ups saying I didn't own my content. So I was going to do what I had seen recommended online, and get rid of what was in the folder, and re-download it all from the store. Only to find out that some of my worlds weren't downloadable, nor clickable from purchase history. So when I went to the world drop-down page in Sims 3 Store it showed that I didn't even own the world's despite having paid for them years ago.

I reached out to EA help, and spoke to 3 different agents through the process. By the end, we realized that:
1. On their end I owned everything in my purchase history.
2. The EA app didn't have the right version of certain packs owned, and for some said I didn't own it at all. Despite them knowing I owned it. And me having the proof.
3. And that I'm apparently a part of this massive amount of players who are missing Sims 3 content and packs. Both from Sims 3 store, and Origin.

They told me to just follow EA help on twitter bc they don't have a timeline for the fix. And it's affecting a large amount of players. Except I hadn't heard anything about this from them being posted anywhere. And when I checked Twitter I didn't see anything.

A few months ago I saw something from simmers on tiktok but I thought they meant their expansion packs had issues, and that they were missing Sims 2. I still had my expansions and Sims 2. In fact it went back to saying Ultimate Collection. For awhile it was saying Double Double. So I thought I was fine. But after those 3 hours, with no resolution, I realized I wasn't fine.

Have any other simmers with the same, or similar issues, heard anything?
Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:

Comments

• Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,023 Member
    I had already thinned out some of my Sims 3 store content last year and the main ones I use have come across when I had to change to EA App. I only have three expansion packs, three to four stuff packs installed as well. I haven’t encountered any issues as yet. Fingers crossed 🤞.

I would rather reduce content and be able to play.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,300 Member
    You might want to go over to the AHQ site and search for your issue over there as a lot of other uses was/is having the same issues since they switched from the Origin app to the new EA app.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-app/ct-p/ea-app-en
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,675 Member
    I haven't even dared look at TS3 since I installed the EA App, because of having read all the problems. As long as TS4 is running as it should be I'm happy.
    I haven't played TS3 for a long time now, but I would like it to run as it should before the changeover when and if I want to play it again.
    I might give it a go once I start reading some more positive results.
    I feel sorry for all those who still favour 3 over 4, and have continued to play it, and now can't.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    edited February 2023
    February11 wrote: »
    I haven't even dared look at TS3 since I installed the EA App, because of having read all the problems. As long as TS4 is running as it should be I'm happy.
    I haven't played TS3 for a long time now, but I would like it to run as it should before the changeover when and if I want to play it again.
    I might give it a go once I start reading some more positive results.
    I feel sorry for all those who still favour 3 over 4, and have continued to play it, and now can't.

I usually play 4, mostly bc my older laptops couldn't run sims 3. But this one can, sorta. There's the problem with them not wanting to work with Windows 11 so simmers had to make workarounds to get the game to rub. But after that, it would load. But this is more of an issue of, I paid for all those packs and content. It's not like I'm made of money. I got these things while I was a broke college student 🙃, and now that I have a pc that can run them, they're missing. And apparently they're missing from a ton of people's libraries and accounts.

Whether you've decided you like one game over the other or not, you paid for it. It should be available for your use anytime you decide to dust it off and play. And despite them being in the same series, Sims 3 and 4 are inherently different games. I haven't played Sims 2 much, but I can tell it's different as well. You play each one based on what you want from it. So I'm a bit annoyed. Not by your comment to be clear. But by the situation.

They already ceased updating it leaving it as a buggy game. But fine, we accepted that it had quirks, and could play around that. Having things leave your library isn't a quirk.

People are thinking there's only a few more years of TS4 left since we already are hearing about the new game. And since they're only now giving us content that should've been in-game for years. What happens if they end up treating 4 the same way they did 3. No support, and then all the many many many packs they had us buy, start disappearing randomly? But that's okay just play Sims 5?
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush: