Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Official Countdown Thread ( Out Now!!!)

Comments

• Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    There are so many errors with this EA App it is putting me off purchasing on the App, if it's this buggy I don't trust it with my card details.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Still no updates on when this will be fixed. This is the only evening I have to play the pack for the forseeable future so I'm beyond disappointed by this. :'(
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Download error here. Visa card wasn't verified either.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    I read that some people take the day off work to play with the new packs. If they can't get it installed, I know that's gotta be extra annoying. I'm just wanting to have it installed so it'll be ready to go when I log out of work for the day. Lol
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    @Lilia1971 Same here. That's as far as I got, now it's just download error.
    You can follow the support thread here, and click "Me Too"
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Growing-Together-Unable-to-Download/td-p/12389817/highlight/false
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,347 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

We're still mitigating this issue on our side at this time. Thank you for your patience thus far.

I'll post any updates I get here.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    Also, I wonder if it mattered whether you bought the pack straight through EA or a third-party site on whether or not it downloads straight away.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,971 Member
    edited March 2023
    I recommend one goes for a jog, takes a bath, tries again
    if it is night then sleep then try again
    if neither is option idk play ukulele or watch a movie or something

the problem will solve itself in couple hours when app traffic dies down

yes EA app is horrible
    yes I would have loved to stay on origin too
    yes they really should do something about it
    yes its very much not okay for people who have preordered the pack to have to wait
    but temporary recommendation/fix is to just try again in couple hours or so
    the games are not really gone the app just can't connect
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I couldn'T download and after restarting it worked, it's installed now.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Still no updates on when this will be fixed. This is the only evening I have to play the pack for the forseeable future so I'm beyond disappointed by this. :'(

I hear you. I only have tonight and tomorrow, so I'm equally disappointed. I guess I've learned my lesson on pre-ordering, never again.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Future wrote: »
    Also, I wonder if it mattered whether you bought the pack straight through EA or a third-party site on whether or not it downloads straight away.

I'm starting to fear that might have some relevance. I got mine through third party, and it still says "Available Soon." It never showed a specific time that I could download it.
  • Options
    Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    @Lilia1971 Same here. That's as far as I got, now it's just download error.
    You can follow the support thread here, and click "Me Too"
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Growing-Together-Unable-to-Download/td-p/12389817/highlight/false

Thanks. I’ve done that. I can’t believe they didn’t try harder to sort out the issues after the mess on Tuesday. Silly to release everywhere at the same time really. Just asking for trouble.
  • Options
    Can anyone confirm they redeemed the game using a code and were able to download successfully?
  • Options
    CjessxCjessx Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello, I'm a Mac user and have pre-ordered using an external website the Growing Together Pack is in my Origin Library but there is no option to download. I have repaired/updated the game. Signed in and out of the origin app and also restarted - this hasn't worked. When I log into my EA account it doesn't appear in my order history either but I'm assuming that's due to not purchasing through them.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Got mine to download by avoided the app and just loading the game from my screen.
    Not impressed so far though....somebody came to visit and promptly disappeared and when I aged the baby up to an infant it just lays on the mat and has no interactions except preferences (cant feed it or put it to bed).
    fun! :/
  • Options
    TatyionaTatyiona Posts: 24 Member
    Cjessx wrote: »
    Hello, I'm a Mac user and have pre-ordered using an external website the Growing Together Pack is in my Origin Library but there is no option to download. I have repaired/updated the game. Signed in and out of the origin app and also restarted - this hasn't worked. When I log into my EA account it doesn't appear in my order history either but I'm assuming that's due to not purchasing through them.

Same. This is ghetto.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I thought I was the only one with problems. For me it just said available soon; but can't yet download.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »
    Can't even log into the app. Servers must be getting walloped right now. But it's to be expected, anyone surprised by this doesn't have much experience with EA release days.

Or any game release days, lol.

Between today and the patch, seems like the lesson here is pretty clearly, "Don't try to download the minute the content releases."
  • Options
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Can't even log into the app. Servers must be getting walloped right now. But it's to be expected, anyone surprised by this doesn't have much experience with EA release days.

Between today and the patch, seems like the lesson here is pretty clearly, "Don't try to download the minute the content releases."

I never had such problems with Origin ...
  • Options
    GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    I'm having no luck either. Been trying for over an hour now with all the tricks I know, but I just get an Download Error in red. Tried changing location for the download, tried emptying the cache, restarted the darn app a zillion times, but nothing! I'm so feed up with this.
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 892 Member
    It's still not on my manage add-ons screen on the EA app. I don't know what to do, since EA help has been no help at all.
    Try starting up Sims 4, I couldn't even get to my manage add-ons screen, I started the game by mistake and the download started right away for me, worth a shot.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Future wrote: »
    I read that some people take the day off work to play with the new packs. If they can't get it installed, I know that's gotta be extra annoying. I'm just wanting to have it installed so it'll be ready to go when I log out of work for the day. Lol

In my... decades?... of gaming, and god only knows how many times I've been incredibly hyped for a release, there is zero chance that I would ever take a day off work to play a game on the day it releases. I have never seen that work out well for anyone. Two days after is the sweet spot for most games. A day if you're feeling bold.
  • Options
    Perhaps they should return to physical DVDs in boxes.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

I never had such problems with Origin ...

Right? The only issues we had with origin was it possibly downloading slow, NOTHING like this.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    Perhaps they should return to physical DVDs in boxes.

They should return to Origin!
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife