The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA App Required Now?

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,491 Member
    Tammors wrote: »
    I shut down the EA app completely, several times, and it still won't let me into Sims. So I uninstalled and reinstalled it, like somebody else suggested. I still can't get into Sims. I ran a cc cleaner, and cleaned out all my caches. I still can't get into it. I'm getting very frustrated.

BTW, why can't we use mods? Are you saying that EA app doesn't allow cc and mods? They made Sims so much more fun.

The EA app is also acting strange in recognising my installed games. I usually have to reboot my pc when I want to play the game. But mods are working fine for me. The EA app allows mods and cc.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,028 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Always clean out the cache & local thumbnails in the Sims 4 Documents & EA App cache before downloading any updates, patches & games. ;)

Do you mean the EA App has a separate cache that has to be cleaned out?

You shouldn’t have to do this constantly though. I spend more time trying to get the game to launch than playing the game! It’s a very chaotic system! 🤦🏼‍♂️

Liking Little Bistro Kit! French cafe vibes. 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    I have my game and laptop on 24/7 and I have to restart my computer at least once a day or the EA App seems to forget all about the sims. I am wondering if it is something to do with cache because restarting would obviously clear the cache but I don't know.
  • Options
    hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    I had something like this happen to me too. All my files/folders were on my laptop but not the game on the app. I reinstalled it though.
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,111 Member
    Weirdness, I reboot my PC only when I absolutely have to - so like once a month? lol and I don't have any of these issues.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,945 Member
    That EA app with it giving me problems with playing the sims 4 every time I try then spending 30 or more minutes opening the game. Has put a big red stop sign for purchasing any EA games like jedi survivor and the sims 4 kits, eps. I have a big fear the app will take my money and not give me what I buy and not let me play it. :(
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 890 Member
    For days my game wouldn't update, so I was looking on here for the solution.
    I restarted my computer, and the game is downloading again now.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,020 Member
    Game hasn't launched in over a week now, regardless of whether the PC is plugged into the internet or not. Learned decades ago that if not using the PC, shut it down. Lowers electric bills and is safe from hackers.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    As an experiment, with PC still plugged into the internet from last night's zoom meeting, tried to play offline, the app having again started when computer did. Got the same old can't connect to the servers try something else message and the game again refused to launch. As usual. Am coming to the conclusion that those of you who say they can play offline either know gaming and computer sorcery denied to us lowly mere mortals or have received special dispensation from EA. Or both. Machine gets a regular restart as it is shut down after use.

Last time the game ran was 10 April. Something changed, deliberately or otherwise, on either the 11th or 12th.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited April 2023
    I have a six year old laptop. A few months ago it insisted I must update to the newest windows and it said it was compatable. So I gave in and did it. It nearly died and thankfully a Dell online tecnical help, guided me through it and we had to completely factory reset it. I was able to save all my important things including my ea folder to a harddrive. I went online to download origin and there was no option, I think only mac could get it. So I held my breath and downloaded the Ea app. Suprisingly everything was there including my sims 2,3 and medieval. I started my game up let it make the ea folder in my documents and then replaced it with my one from the harddrive. Reloaded my game and it was as if nothing ever happened. I shut down my laptop every time I stop using it, sometimes three four times a day. My Ea app always pops up with the start up and signs me in. I click on the icon on my desktop to load my game and had no issues so far. I guess I am just lucky..... for now. My laptop will need replacing soon ;)
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    I have my game and laptop on 24/7 and I have to restart my computer at least once a day or the EA App seems to forget all about the sims. I am wondering if it is something to do with cache because restarting would obviously clear the cache but I don't know.

wow what are the specs on your computer? I'd love to be able to do that
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,491 Member
    I always shut my computer down. I was always thought it was better for performance to reboot every now and then. And electric bills are also a thing in real life.
    mcrudd wrote: »
    I have a six year old laptop. A few months ago it insisted I must update to the newest windows and it said it was compatable. So I gave in and did it. It nearly died and thankfully a Dell online tecnical help, guided me through it and we had to completely factory reset it. I was able to save all my important things including my ea folder to a harddrive. I went online to download origin and there was no option, I think only mac could get it. So I held my breath and downloaded the Ea app. Suprisingly everything was there including my sims 2,3 and medieval. I started my game up let it make the ea folder in my documents and then replaced it with my one from the harddrive. Reloaded my game and it was as if nothing ever happened. I shut down my laptop every time I stop using it, sometimes three four times a day. My Ea app always pops up with the start up and signs me in. I click on the icon on my desktop to load my game and had no issues so far. I guess I am just lucky..... for now. My laptop will need replacing soon ;)

Installing the EA went fine as well with the EA app running fine. Problems with having to reboot started in February. But the EA app doesn't start up with windows. I don't run the sims every time I use this pc. Maybe I can set it to always start with windows and see if that loads my library as it should.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,695 Member
    edited April 2023
    Reading all this is very disconcerting. I haven't played since the end of March as I'm on holiday.
    I could play offline, but only after a computer restart as my games suddenly stopped showing up, but had no crashes or other disturbing messages.
    Just hope by the time I get back any updates haven't messed it up ! Something not to look forward to 🙄
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,129 Member
    Got the same old can't connect to the servers try something else message and the game again refused to launch.

Stupid question maybe, but do you try to launch it from desktop icon or from EaApp when it's set to offline?
    5ziIrYx.jpg

Reason I ask is that I had my desktop icon suddenly not working anymore at some point (almost like it had changed install directory, but it had not,at the time at least, it just stopped working, simply) , I had to make new icon for it.

Long shot, but asking anyway.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    edited April 2023
    Yesterday. First time my laptop has ever crashed loading the game was when I used the icon from the Windows Start list, Sims4 as the loader and not the EA App and then starting Sims 4 from there. There needs to be a bit more work done between Microsoft and EA I think!
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,477 Member
    edited April 2023
    I don't like that the Sims 2 doesn't have an "overview page" when you click on it like the Sims 3 and 4. It just immediately launches the game.
    sb2pa26mn3yu.png
    ymzwo9u25kip.png

He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    I can't get the app to update my game, it keeps asking me to restart the app over and over, what do I do?
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Always clean out the cache & local thumbnails in the Sims 4 Documents & EA App cache before downloading any updates, patches & games. ;)

What eaapp cache? There is no app folder on my machine and the few files found relate to installation.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,164 Member
    edited April 2023
    Clear cache to fix problems with your games

From Windows 10
    If you can’t open the EA app, you can also follow these steps to clear your cache.

Open the Start menu.
    Find EA and click the downward arrow to expand.
    Select App Recovery.
    A confirmation window will pop up.
    Click Clear Cache.

https://help.ea.com/en-tr/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/#:~:text=Select the three dashes in,Select Clear cache.

ETA: This article is from Dec 2022.
  • Options
    Got the same old can't connect to the servers try something else message and the game again refused to launch.

Stupid question maybe, but do you try to launch it from desktop icon or from EaApp when it's set to offline?
    5ziIrYx.jpg

Reason I ask is that I had my desktop icon suddenly not working anymore at some point (almost like it had changed install directory, but it had not,at the time at least, it just stopped working, simply) , I had to make new icon for it.

Long shot, but asking anyway.
    Had always been using the TS4 icon since way back whenever. Saturday tried an experiment, plugged into internet, from the app, and found the go online thing. After the usual routine the little blue square came up (they hide it very well, like they don't want us using it) and clicked it. There was a long wait, but the game actually launched for the first time in 12 days! About halfway through the gaming session the app crashed and burned, knocking the game to the task bar. After sweeping the debris away clicked on the game in task bar and it came up and ran normally. Same thing happened on Sunday, game launched, the app crashed, but the game kept going.

This suggests at least two things: The app itself is inherently unstable. The game does not need the app to run.

Thank you for your idea! Although I'm reading it only today, the method works. Will admit that have not tried since Sunday. Every day is a hold the breath day when it comes to simming.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Well I've been updating now for the last 45 minutes. :D
    Logged out and back in.
    Repaired the game.
    Restarted my computer.

l73kmKw.png

Going to check AHQ to see if anyone else is having this issue.

ETA: Uninstalled and reinstalled the EA App and that cleared the problem.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,416 EA Community Manager
    Well I've been updating now for the last 45 minutes. :D
    Logged out and back in.
    Repaired the game.
    Restarted my computer.

l73kmKw.png

Going to check AHQ to see if anyone else is having this issue.

ETA: Uninstalled and reinstalled the EA App and that cleared the problem.

If anyone else runs across this issue, I saw one other report of this last night and going offline in the EA app and then back online resolved the issue for them.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Tagging @catloverplayer because he posted on Twitter that he was having this issue.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,695 Member
    edited May 2023
    The latest error message!
    It's happened everyday since the latest app update, and today it popped up while I was playing.
    Fortunately it didn't stop game play. I managed to save around the message, then it disappeared and I could still play.
    I had to relog in after I closed the game.

Qy5nZ84.png
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,028 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    The latest error message!
    It's happened everyday since the latest app update, and today it popped up while I was playing.
    Fortunately it didn't stop game play. I managed to save around the message, then it disappeared and I could still play.
    I had to relog in after I closed the game.

Qy5nZ84.png

I close when I get this message and use EA App recovery then relaunch. I wonder what the unresolvable error is though? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Liking Little Bistro Kit! French cafe vibes. 😊☕️🌞

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top