Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What life stage do you feel needs more gameplay?

NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
edited October 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

What life stage do you feel needs more gameplay? 79 votes

Baby
6% 5 votes
Toddler
1% 1 vote
Child
35% 28 votes
Teen
2% 2 votes
Young adult
5% 4 votes
Adult
1% 1 vote
Elder
48% 38 votes

Comments

• Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I agree that children need more interesting gameplay. Teaching them values and doing homework (Parenting pack) is not what I mean. I mean fun.

However, I've seen a lot of threads from people whose elder sims won't just die already, and that's because elder sims aren't interesting. They're everywhere because the game loves to generate them, but all that really differentiates them from adult sims is poor posture, cracking their backs at random, and having a lot of free time.

Give them something to do. Give them bucket list aspirations, the way teens have teen-specific aspirations.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    I think it’s between child and elder.

Young adult/adult is what most of the game is built around.

Teens were just a weaker young adult but now they have their manners and a school to go to and their own aspirations they’re pretty good to just play as permanently. Probably my favourite life stage asides from no careers.

Babies are just a mini game, and we know they’re coming. Toddlers with parenthood are pretty interactive and on a normal lifespan it’s a pretty busy stage. Yeah there’s not much variety but you’re not there long.

Elder just feels like ‘waiting to die’ and Child has stuff to do like toddler but it feels very lacking to teens and still like they don’t really know their own minds and can’t control themselves, which most kids can.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Elders. Get out of the stereotype and let them have a life.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    At least children can do some things no other life stage can do, and playing them feels different from other life stages. Elders are just adults that get tired more easily. There's nothing to do with them, so I usually just chuck them into old age homes until they die, freeing up a slot that could be used for other sims.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Perti23Perti23 Posts: 61 Member
    Maybe I am misunderstanding something but I thought elders have all the gameplay young adults and adults have? (With the exception that elder females are no longer able to get pregnant.)
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I think Babies need more gameplay, they have none.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited October 2022
    Only real answer is all of them :sweat_smile:

babies - toddlers are never seen outside their home lot which is just sad
    babies - kids don't have enough to do
    babies - kids also suffer from occulting ban
    babies - kids also suffer from not having option to die without cheats and its so sad when game just poofs them to nonexistence instead of giving them option to be ghosts or be adopted by another family

teens - elders suffer from lack of romance interactions well unless they're aromantic i guess

young adults - adults - elders

are too similar to each other to point there is barely reason to age your sims up for other than aesthetics

all sims lack interactions with each other that are not just same animation with different text

oh and there is never enough cas for the baby-kid and adult-elder and male sims that don't like flower print and alternative sims
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    Perti23 wrote: »
    Maybe I am misunderstanding something but I thought elders have all the gameplay young adults and adults have? (With the exception that elder females are no longer able to get pregnant.)

No you’re right. The only official thing they lose from the adult stage is the ability to get pregnant. But they do things slower, and they will die if you over-exhaust them etc. They gain the dangerously tired moodlet and your outdoor and gym sims can’t really carry on as they did before without risking early death.

The only positive thing they get is the ability to retire, otherwise there is no real ‘elder gameplay’ besides trying not to wear them out.

A lot of people want dentures and walking sticks and retirement homes and make it more of a fun lifestage to play. As it stands it’s essentially just a worse adult.
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I voted for toddlers, that they weren't even available in the base game at launch says a bunch. I feel like they're missing so much gameplay and can only interact with a very few objects. In fact, I'd honestly rather prefer an expansion to toddlers than freeing babies from their cribs.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 847 Member
    Kids absolutely. Let's give them more fun stuff to do. Hopscotch, patty-cake, tag, red rover, hide-and-seek, blindman's bluff, Simon Says, etc etc etc. Give them stuff to do that doesn't require a big clonky object and can be used for more than 2 sims.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,038 Member
    I'd say kids and elders, because there is a distinct lack of activities specifically for them, but with kids they still have some interactions that are only for them, and aspirations that are only theirs.

With elders they are, as someone else pointed out here, just worse adults. They can do (almost) everything that an adult can, but slower and with the risk of dying. The problem is that by the time someone is an elder that's the kind of gameplay you've already played since they were young adults, but with the difference that you've already done most stuff by then and there is little left to do in terms of aspirations, especially if you've finished one already.

- Finding love (sure, but many are already married and is in a stable relationship).
    - Having kids is over and grandkids only count in the same household. There are no spend-the-weekend-with-grandma/pa interactions, babysit interactions or anything else that actually is directed at being a grandparent.
    - Your career is probably already at the top level if you want it to be so that aspiration is gone. You can retire, but then you have a whole lot of nothing to do.
    - They could go back to uni, but that gameplay is not nearly interesting enough.
    - That leaves knitting and gardening, but elderly people deserve more things to do than that.

I would love to see elderly aspirations, that are only theirs. Personality traits, wants and fears that are only for elders and is based on their life and other traits. Interactions that is reserved for elders. Adult kids-parent interactions. Grandkids-grandparent interactions. Ability to babysit. More hobbies. Scenarios for elders. A venue type or lot trait that is old-people's home.

Granted I would also love to see more interactions for kids that are games without toys, and things like boardgames for everyone. And a middle aged life stage where you are an adult, but you cannot have kids, but has none of the physical issues that you have as an elder. Just something to mark the passage of time.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Only real answer is all of them :sweat_smile:

babies - toddlers are never seen outside their home lot which is just sad
    babies - kids don't have enough to do
    babies - kids also suffer from occulting ban
    babies - kids also suffer from not having option to die without cheats and its so sad when game just poofs them to nonexistence instead of giving them option to be ghosts or be adopted by another family

teens - elders suffer from lack of romance interactions well unless they're aromantic i guess

young adults - adults - elders

are too similar to each other to point there is barely reason to age your sims up for other than aesthetics

all sims lack interactions with each other that are not just same animation with different text

oh and there is never enough cas for the baby-kid and adult-elder and male sims that don't like flower print and alternative sims

I agree with you that they all need something to give them more gameplay, make them more different from each other, hopefully it's a generations expansion pack were getting next year and of course its been confirmed that babies are getting more gameplay, I'm curious if simmers had to pick one what would they choose because they all need more at this point
  • Options
    HyawehHyaweh Posts: 36 Member
    It was really hard to choose between kids and elders.

I think elders are really forgot in the game so I've chosen them. I would love to see them walk with canes, go to retirement home, take their grand-children for weekend or holidays or simply be called to be the nanny.

I would love to see them loving family or very grumpy and a little scary. I would see some fearing death, and others just enjoying their best lives.

That would be fun too to see some elders clubs.

For kids, I think they're not alive enough. I want to see them playing together, running after each other, screaming, crying for nothing, etc. I want to see them playing hands and ends up fighting with each other.

For me that would be really really a game changer.
    Sorry for my English, I'm French.
  • Options
    Dark_BokenshaDark_Bokensha Posts: 38 Member
    > @phantasmkiss said:
    > Give them something to do. Give them bucket list aspirations, the way teens have teen-specific aspirations.

A bucket list before passing away would be really cool for elders, imagine if maybe not completing it results in the elder not dying happy (similar to Sims 2 maybe?), could also be used for storytelling (you also might get invested in the character).
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I think all the life stages excluding young adults and adults need more gameplay.
    In my opinion, I think it should go in this order
    -Babies
    -Kids
    -Toddlers
    -Elders
    -Teens
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    All of them. Gameplay is so pitiful compared to TS 2. Not enough for sims to actually do.
  • Options
    momelimberhammomelimberham Posts: 75 Member
    They all definitely need work, except teens have gotten that boost from the High School pack, but Elders are just sort of THERE. Elders in Sims 2 had exclusive activities and interactions - and exclusive OUTFITS so every elder in the game didn't spontaneously generate wearing a halter top and ripped jeans - so it didn't feel like such a drag to have one around. The Aspirations of Sims 2 also added a sense of urgency to your elders sometimes - if you hadn't achieved Platinum yet there was a race to finish it before your sim died, especially in the first day or two of them being an elder before you could sort of guess when they'd die (like you could figure out if after the first day their age bar moved up 1/8 that meant you had about 7 more days of their life, but you couldn't figure that out on their entire first day as an elder)

I think toddlers are the most fulfilling life stage other than adults/young adults. Sims seem to care more about what they're actually doing, they can play together, it's fun to watch them do weird things like talk to a potted plant.

I'd vote more stuff for Children because you can't just send them to another lot to auto age until they die like you can with Elders, and my second vote would be for more stuff for Elders, and then more for Teens and *different* things for Young Adults. I don't care about babies at all.
    Can one awkward man find love when nobody knows what he looks like? Check out Joe Baghead season 1
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I say kids and toddlers are the most desperate.
    Elders do need some unique content but they can do almost anything and everything. Kids have almost nothing. Toddlers are "okay" but could definitely use more. Overall I'm not opposed to more content for all the stages!!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    All except for YA and A. Toddlers needs more (toys) play things also like strollers so we can stroll around the neighborhood. They need more food and drinks. Play patty cake get rocked in the rocker.

Child needs more after school activities, bring back playing tag, ms Mary mac, playing dress up, have a sleep over, play in the sprinklers or pool like Marco Polo, hold your breath the longest, water slide. Hopscotch, it's been 8 years and still got nothing for kids like...really? More playground equipment and treehouse.

Teens high school class gameplay, an actual football game, an actual teen hangout we can't really hang out at the amusement park.

Elder Cane, bingo night or myshuno night, dancing night, senior citizens day. Senior citizens discount.
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    i agree that every life stage needs more stuff to do. more life stage specific aspirations/traits, more games/hobbies/jobs. elders have the most dire need. we need a robust generations pack.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    This is mostly ranked mostly in mind of content exclusive to the lifestage.

Babies (soon to be infants) > Elders > Kids > Toddlers > Adults > teens = YA

Babies are basically objects so imo they really don't count but we're getting the new lifestage so there is the answer to that.

After that, elders need elder-specific gameplay content badly. They're basically just gray haired adults with bad backs at this point.

Kids need an update. Personally, I think they need new aspirations the most as Im sick of the current 4 we have now. I've done them so many times I can do them in my sleep.

Toddlers could probably use some more toys/activities. Or clothes. Never enough kid clothes tbh.

Adults really share too much with YA and really could use to have adult-only stuff like midlife crisises.

Teens just got new content and YA have a ton of stuff so they're both dead last.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    With infants being added taking the majority of content I wanted to see with babies there is no question kids need to be given an overhaul next.

Now all Sims suffer from the curse of lazy cutting corners animations but to me it's so much more noticeable for children they have no games or activities they can do together that makes them feel like children. I'd like to see things they can do together like ride bikes side by side jump rope tag or play marco polo they feel like mini adults now where's the make-believe and games of children.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 52 Member
    I voted for children. It's obvious babies are the most underdeveloped life stage, but I know they're supposedly getting an overhaul and I also personally don't really care that much. But kids have so much potential! I do think they have some cute interactions, especially lately, but I want them to be able to have sleepovers like the used to? And playing royalty at the table, etc. I don't know, I feel like kids interactions with each other are limited and dull. I'd love to see more of their activities be more interactive. I never have my kids become friends with other kids because it just isn't that fulfilling.