Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashley and Envira's Digital Monday Hangover Lottery! *closed*

Comments

• Options
    ShrillShrill Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited November 2012
    Entry

Fun lottery! This was my first C. Monday, and I hope that other people with non-gamer partners had a similar story to me! As I'm 8 hours ahead of PST the start of the Sims Store sale was absolutely fine, but the main things I was after (fryer, ice cream maker, climbing wall) didn't start until 3am my time. My husband is all kinds of awesome but he does not like computer games, and as a wonderfully practical man he would *not* understand getting up at that time to buy gaming-related stuff, so setting an alarm clock was out.

Instead I went to sleep clutching my iPhone, telling my body clock to wake me up at 3am - and amazingly it did (I can't believe such a rubbish plan worked)! I spent a few hours under the duvet so my phone wouldn't wake the husband up, snapping up bargains; it was actually really good fun - possibly more fun because I was doing it in secret :P

My lack of willpower also made me smile - with all the kerfuffle about the Diesel sets and bundle I decided I wouldn't get them, not least because I didn't actually like the clothes. By the end of the day I'd bought both sets, and last night I got the bundle too. I'm like the opposite of a ninja, no inner strength whatsoever :P

If possible I'd love I enter for 4, 7 and 10. Cheers!

Oops, forgot my wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Shrill
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    envira_xenvira_x Posts: 4,295 Member
    edited November 2012

But the best came in the evening, between the Diesel lottery thread, which was a serious hoot, and seeing envira get banned from gifting! (I will NEVER forget that!) Lol!

Neither will I, jilly!! I cannot believe They. Shut. Me. DOWN! :shock:

I was gobsmacked! They put me in gifting Time-Out and locked my shiny simpoints in a virtual jail-cell. Who ever heard of a Gifting Intervention, anyway? And they did it BEFORE I could hit all my targets. I never got to Potter! Or several others.

It was hilarious but very frustrating! :P

I consider this lottery my great comeback party! I won't be denied my fun!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    It does say in his post that he would like the last thing on his wishlist which is the trailblazer set. However, I'd like to confirm that for sure.

I'm virtually positive this is what 45 wants. It's good to confirm, of course, but I am comfortable just putting him down in that category if we can't catch him before the drawing. (He works a lot of hours and is on call a lot.) But it's up to you, Ashley! :-)
  • Options
    TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    edited November 2012
    Entry

Thanks for hosting this most generous lottery enabling some of us to gift.

***** Monday was really hectic on the forums but a lot of fun. It was so nice to see everyone getting along & being so friendly to one another. I was particularly touched by being nominated by someone I didn't know & I was really surprised to win the new womens collection.

Sign me up for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10

Only one of these (#2) I am entering for myself - the rest I intend to gift.

My Wishlist is http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=TEXASKITTYKAT

• Options
    AshleykaymayAshleykaymay Posts: 1,524 Member
    edited November 2012
    Ok, I've added all the names on our spreadsheet that were marked as needing something. If you realize your name is missing, please reread all of the instructions in post 1 and see if there is anything your post is missing. Our lovely helpers are replying to most of the posts with issues as well so you can read through the thread and see what you are missing.

I'm so glad to see so many entries already! And with the way this lottery is set up, there is still some small groups for some prizes. Easier chance to win so hurry up and enter!
    envira_x wrote:
    It does say in his post that he would like the last thing on his wishlist which is the trailblazer set. However, I'd like to confirm that for sure.

I'm virtually positive this is what 45 wants. It's good to confirm, of course, but I am comfortable just putting him down in that category if we can't catch him before the drawing. (He works a lot of hours and is on call a lot.) But it's up to you, Ashley! :-)

I went ahead and added him to the list. I'll make sure to post on his page tomorrow to be sure but he's on the list.

• Options
    RubysimRubysim Posts: 5,811 Member
    edited November 2012
    Entry:

Well Envira gifted me the basketball hoop, which I am very greatful for!! It was nice see people getting the sets they had wanted for a while

I would like to enter 1,2 and 10, 10 will be gifted to someone else

Thank you for hosting
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Rubysim
    Gallery ID - Rubysim
    Pictures of my sims will be on my page :)
  • Options
    Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for hosting this most generous lottery enabling some of us to gift.

***** Monday was really hectic on the forums but a lot of fun. It was so nice to see everyone getting along & being so friendly to one another. I was particularly touched by being nominated by someone I didn't know & I was really surprised to win the new womens collection.

Sign me up for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10

Only one of these (#2) I am entering for myself - the rest I intend to gift.

My Wishlist is http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=TEXASKITTYKAT

Kitty don't forget to add "Entry" to the top in bold hun, so it doesn't get lost with the chatter 8)
  • Options
    MissElphebaMissElpheba Posts: 3,810 Member
    edited November 2012
    Entry :D

What an amazing lottery!!! This is an incredible chance to gift some very deserving simmers. Thanks to the hosts and helpers! :D

I would like to enter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 10. It would be more, but I wanted to make sure I could find things on people's WLs before entering!! :mrgreen:

I had a great c.yber Monday. It's not a "Thing" here in Sweden, nor in the UK, which is where I'm from, but it was fun that it was all happening on here. I managed to get a lot of people, which made me smile, and it was fun watching people get hit from all directions. I haven't seen so much fun on the site since the sales last Christmas!

And despite the fact that, having been cleared out of my WL just days before on my birthday, I still managed to get hit with the new women's set, thanks to my friend TigerTots!

I'm loving reading all the stories in this thread. I think I'd like to experience Black Friday, just once, mind you, as the stories I hear of bargains are truly amazing!
  • Options
    chocbubbleschocbubbles Posts: 1,972 Member
    edited November 2012
    Entry:

Being 16 hours ahead of PST it was really c.y.b.e.r Tuesday for me and all of the surprise items were selling between 12am and 8am so I planned to stay up to see what they were. I slept through the surprise venue but managed to get Lucky Palms. I was wishing so much that we could gift daily deal items, there were some great prices for things people had been wanting for a while. And seeing envira get locked out was definitely a highlight :P :lol:

I'd like to enter for 1, 2, 4 and 10, intending to give them away
  • Options
    TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited November 2012
    My funny story? I had a grand total of 1,000 Simpoints to spend, and then, in rapid succession, the top three items on my wishlist came up! I have them all now! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! I had only 125 left over, and just when I decided to go ahead and finish them off on hair and a deco piece, BAM! The Multitab 6000 comes on for. . .
    . . .(Don't be the 'it' in 'wait for it'). . .
    125 SP.
    And, yes, it was on my wishlist and I was hoping it would show up.
    Just goes to show that you should really pay attention to the other posters here, because I totally forgot that list of the sale content that another Simmer posted a day or two before.
    I am only interested in the Steampunk Kitchen, so I suppose that's what I'm entering for. Thanks so much for hosting -- this is really sweet of both of you! Happy Simming, all!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    My funny story? I had a grand total of 1,000 Simpoints to spend, and then, in rapid succession, the top three items on my wishlist came up! I have them all now! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! I had only 125 left over, and just when I decided to go ahead and finish them off on hair and a deco piece, BAM! The Multitab 6000 comes on for. . .
    . . .(Don't be the 'it' in 'wait for it'). . .
    125 SP.
    And, yes, it was on my wishlist and I was hoping it would show up.
    Just goes to show that you should really pay attention to the other posters here, because I totally forgot that list of the sale content that another Simmer posted a day or two before.
    I am only interested in the Steampunk Kitchen, so I suppose that's what I'm entering for. Thanks so much for hosting -- this is really sweet of both of you! Happy Simming, all!

Hey hun make sure you put "Entry" at the top of your post in bold so it doesn't get lost with the other posts. Thank you!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Off to be guys! 4AM and I haven't slept yet O_O

Night!!! 8)
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2012
    Eli... yea your right.... now I have what I wanted... sigh... very sweet of you LilyParker ... but now I'm out of this lottery.... I knew it was dangerus... I schould not enter a lottery....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    RoseOakMoonRoseOakMoon Posts: 15
    edited November 2012
    Entry!

Entering for 1, 2, and 10!

Story - I work in retail currently. The madness at our store (which will remain unnamed) was hilarious. It was like our shoppers had Full Moon Lunacy! There was one woman who, in a fit of pique, decided to beat the person next to her with her purse in order to give her husband time to snag the last of an item she wanted. I was reminded of old Mrs. Crumplebottom. :P

I sadly missed the site/EA sale entirely. D: Which is sad, because a marked down Showtime would have rocked.

Thanks for hosting and good luck to all!

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=RoseOakMoon
  • Options
    DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    edited November 2012
    ENTRY!

I live in Denmark, so we don't have Black Monday here.
    But I found out about it by chatting around on the forums here on Black Monday, so I am really happy. Cause now I know to save simpoints for a giant sale next year :D.
    The funny thing was, that me lacking the simpoints to get the things I want on the actual day, gave me even more time to work on a li'l house for envira - so all in all, it worked out SO nicely :D.

I'd like to enter for 1, 4, 7 and 8.
    And tadah, now to get some work done!

Wishlist, because I forgot: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DolphineQ
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    BlyssciaBlysscia Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited November 2012
    Entry

I missed the party. haha
    I did wake up early yesterday morning and have an awesome basketball hoop in my giftbox from becca_una83.
    So I spent most of the day playing with that in my game.

I'd like to enter 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, and 9.

• Options
    MilenchicaMilenchica Posts: 6,059 New Member
    edited November 2012
    The entry

I didn't get much. Only cowplant (does that even count?) reason is that I can't purchase simpoints and I recently got supernatural so I don't get another expandion soon.

Since I don't have may simpoints I don't have much store stuff so I'd like to enter for 1,3,4,6,8,9,10.

Here's my wishlist now filled out with those sale items.
  • Options
    xenacullenxenacullen Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited November 2012
    ENTER
    me for the drawing,1,2,AND 3. I WENT SHOPPING THEN WENT TO WORK, THEN WENT SHOPPING ON C'BYBER MONDAY ALL SO, THEN WENT TO WORK AGAIN THEN SHOPPED SOME MORE WHEN I GOT HOME... GRABED A LOT OF GREAT DEALS ON THE EXCHANGE I LOVE SHOPPING ON THE EXCHANGE FOR GREAT SIM BUYS.
    HERE IS MY WISH LIST..
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=

YAY YAY YAY
  • Options
    kayla1686kayla1686 Posts: 1,697 Member
    edited November 2012
    ENTRY

I edited my post.

I forgot to put the word entry in it, sorry.
  • Options
    becca_una83becca_una83 Posts: 1,664 Member
    edited November 2012
    ENTRY

This was the first year I didn't have to work on Black Friday but only because Im a stay at home mom now. Stupid me decides to shop when after years of working it I should have known better lol. After standing in lines sometimes up to two hours in the cold I managed to get some very good deals. I looked forward to C.ber Monday because shopping would be from the comfort of my home but didn't really find anything I wanted until the sales started here. I was able to grab up several great deals and spread the love some myself hitting 4 simmers with the basketball hoop and 1 with the baby swing. It was nice to be able to do some gifting since Im normally not able to.

While I was distracted LavyndarHaze nominated me for the Diesel sets and I won the male set! It was a great but long day lol.

I would like to enter for all items with the intention of gifting.

jef299 wrote:

Please enter me for # 10, 1, and, 2

Cool story, I got this cool basket ball hoop yesterday.

People who gifted me better watch out! I got some sim points and I am going to shoot the gift-giving pazooka at them! (It launches a boxing glove)

haha you hit me with a toilet :mrgreen:

Blysscia wrote:
    Entry

I missed the party. haha
    I did wake up early yesterday morning and have an awesome basketball hoop in my giftbox from becca_una83.
    So I spent most of the day playing with that in my game.

I'd like to enter 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, and 9.

Im glad you are enjoying it and thank you for nominating me in Shrill's musical lottery :D
  • Options
    IzabelliIzabelli Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited November 2012
    Entry

I'd like to enter. :) Well, I can't say much about shopping because I didn't buy anything and wasn't able to gift either. :( My parents can't afford to buy me simpoints. But one of my nominees won in a lottery so I was very happy. :D I'd like to enter for 3.
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Izabelli#
    This is an amazing lottery, thank you so much for hosting!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MissAmberNolanMissAmberNolan Posts: 214 New Member
    edited November 2012
    ENTRY

Sadly I didn't buy a thing, there was no wild partys or anything!
    But in good news I got seasons and supernatural both off my boyfriend, followed by showtime the day after. So I guess I was spoiled!
    Christmas money shall all be spent on sim points hehe.

I'd like to enter 7, 4, 6, 8, 9 AND OF COURSE 10 HIDDEN SPRINGS -SQUEEELS-

Thank you for hosting <3

WL: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=MissAmberNolan[/size]
  • Options
    lataya24lataya24 Posts: 329 Member
    edited November 2012
    Entry

I would like to enter with the intent of gifting to others,Because of Kael I was able to get mostly all the PI from the sale bc he/she gifted me a day head to help me get all my PI. Also to sinkala who keep giving me beating after beating with gifts,angie921 who got me a fairy nursery which almost complete my fairy set,and vr stevenson for a surprise wonderland set. So I will like to enter for 1,2,3,5,7,8,9 just in case.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    We have the best lottery helpers ever. :mrgreen: Seriously, you guys rock! Making spreadsheets and posting reminders! I could have never kept up with this on my own!

Yeah, you guys are awesome! :D