Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*A CELEBRATION OF LIFE LOTTERY* 1,000 SP Prize - WINNERS ANNOUNCED & GIFTED!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited October 2012
    You know how so very sorry I am for your loss Sweetie! This is a Fantastic idea to honor his memory! Gentle Hugs to you!!

I would like to nominate Brighty

I had a tropical fish store and my friend and I was cleaning the tanks one day. While doing this she ran to get us some lunch at the pizza place just down the road. They made the most AWESOME Garlic Crust Pizza around! In the back of the store there was a drain and we put the syphon hose in it while we cleaned the tanks. Well we were happily digging into our pizza when a customer came in and was browsing around. We was really enjoying the pizza when the customer says "Is there supposed to be water back here?"!!!!! Somehow the hose got out of the drain and was running water all over the back room while we were enjoying our pizza! There was about an inch of water on the floor and it took us a couple of hours and a lot of laughter to clean it up!! We had many Lucy and Ethel moments at that store!!

Have an Awesome day everyone!!!
  • Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited October 2012
    I am so sorry about your loss. :(

I have a best friend that I have known since middle school. When my parents decided to pull me out of school and switch me to a knew school in junior high it was a difficult adjustment. Courtney was one of the first friends I made at my new school. We have been great friends ever since.

Last year Courtney and her high school sweetheart got married and I was blessed to be part of the bridal party. Courtney is one of the kindest people I know, so she was never a bridezilla, and was very calm while planning the wedding. She always has something to smile about, and she loves to goof off and make her friends smile too. It was such a beautiful wedding and I couldn't be more happy for her. It was one of the happiest days of my life to be apart of. I love them both and I love that Courtney and I have been friends for so long!

I would like to nominate the lovely saschatilo.
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited October 2012
    *blinking back tears, I have the Overly Emotional trait* I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Keep in mind that even though many of us are technically strangers on this site, sometimes "Friend"ing someone really means something. How generous of you to be giving at a time like this. ((hugs))

I'm pretty boring, to be honest. My best friend is my husband & I get to experience one of my favorite memories every night: snuggling up after a kiss goodnight. But one just popped into my head that's even better. He'd been out of town for nearly two weeks (the longest we'd been separated since we married & I'd done a bit of crying I was so lonely for him) & the way he looked at me when I picked him up from the airport made me feel so important, kinda like a movie star.

Too cheesy? Sorry. :oops:

Oops. Forgot to nominate someone. http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=HeartPirate001
  • Options
    LavynderHazeLavynderHaze Posts: 813 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm extremely sorry about the loss of your friend. I hope you have support while going through this tough time and if you need anyone to talk to, you can talk to me. I've lost a lot of people in my life including friends, so I can relate.

My best friend in the whole world would have to be my mom. She has always been there for me and does all she can to help me. My fondest memory of her and me is when I was little and she would take me on 'picnics'. She would make us a lunch, usually consisting of something like peanut butter sandwichs and grapes or something like that. We would get a blanket and put our lunch in the picnic basket and go outside on the hill of my grandparent's 5 acre yard and sit down and just relax and talk and have a grand time. I was only two or three so this was a big thing for me.

For the contest I would like to nominate Kryst51
  • Options
    annasommerannasommer Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited October 2012
    What to say? Nothing can replace a friend lost. But he will forever live in your memory *hugztightly*

I once told my best friend about a conversation I had with my grandmother. Grandmother had a little house with a porch roof; my grandfather had build it, and it was extremely ugly because he used two mere metal pipes to support a quare of yellowish plastic.
    Well my grandma was holding onto one of those rusty pipes and said with a tone of admiration "THOSE are beautiful!"
    I then stated "No, they are useful"
    At which point she looked at me extremely confused and said "That´s what I just said, they are beautiful" -
    because to her, those to things were the same. To her, nothing could be beautiful without being useful, and vice versa.

I thought about that for a few days, and in the end I told my bf the story... her reaction was thus.

She glanced at me sidways, raised an eybrow and said with a grin:
    "Well that explains a lot about you"

I nominate jja27 http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/jja27
  • Options
    KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited October 2012
    i nominate annasommer because she writes awesome stories with the sims 3 ^-^
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=annasommer
    my memory = me and my friend went to halloween horror nights. Jason was chasing us with a chain saw through the pouring rain. She had flip flops on and kept slipping i pratically had to drag her through the puddles! It was so fun and she was terrified! We both had a blast afterwards and couldn't stop laughing!
  • Options
    readreadreadreadreadreadreadread Posts: 6,243 Member
    edited October 2012
    I am so sorry for your loss, but you havecome to the right place to make you feel better!
    One of my best memories is spending the day at hershey park with my cousins (one of which is my best friend, the other is my good friend) and haveing a blast!!!!

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=MoodyKitten
  • Options
    Zoey95Zoey95 Posts: 1,549 Member
    edited October 2012
    I am so very sorry for your loss :cry: *hugs*

I am very blessed and I have four best friends. One is my 21 yr old daughter. My other friends have been dear to me for approx. 40, 24 and 11 years. There are so many memories, it is hard to narrow it down. Last September one of my besties (her name is Lisa also) and I went to Rome for a week. We both have a very good sense of direction but we got lost repeatedly in Rome. On one occasion it was late at night and we were exhausted. We thought we were heading back to our B&B when suddenly we came upon a lovely sight and the following conversation took place:

Lisa: Oh, we haven't seen this before! This is so pretty!
    Me: It is very pretty!
    *gazing at the prettiness*
    Me: Lisa.
    Lisa: Yeah?
    Me: It's a bridge.
    Lisa: Yeah?
    Me: Like. Over. The. River.
    Lisa: *gasps* How did we get over here?!? We were heading away from the river!
    Me: Well, obviously not!

And then there was the night (in Rome) we stumbled upon a n*ked man in the alley in the rain (while lost yet again!). Oh goodness, we laughed so much that week. And we are there for each other thick and thin. She has driven me to the emergency room at 6AM. I have driven her hubby to the emergency room and taken her child lunch money countless times (she works an hour away). She even lived me for two weeks when she moved back to Texas. I can't imagine the loss of her or any of my other besties.

I want to nominate Nick for the lottery. He has been running a time travel race contest. He has been so sweet to all of us even tho I think we have all given him cause to want to pull his hair out :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DeniseJSDeniseJS Posts: 563 New Member
    edited October 2012
    All of your stories have been very heartwarming, and they are much appreciated. I just wanted to give this thread a bump in case there are others who would like to enter. Only 1.5 hours left!
  • Options
    2Mahawk2Mahawk Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited October 2012
    Okay, so I'll nominate http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=LilyParker for this one.

Now on to the memory. I couldn't remember one day in particular, so I'll just do it "a day in the life" style, if you can call it that.
    When I was still in grade school, my best friend would often come home with me after school. We would talk, relax while listening to some music, get into a pillow fight, play a video game and occasionally would sleep over as long as it wasn't a school night. I remember having so many laughs and having such engaging conversations. Even though I wasn't into all his music, we got along so well, and he came over so frequently, unlike some of my other friends. I feel like I never fully appreciated his company at the time. He was a true friend.

Oh, and thanks for hosting. Sorry again about your friend. Memories like this are such precious gifts, and it sounds like he gifted you generously. Whenever someone I know passes away, I often take a moment to consider what they wanted or would have wanted. If I had the power, I would make their wish come true for them.
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited October 2012
    Do I still have time? If so, I'll nominate this girl! http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=crimzonstainheart

Anyway, best memory with a friend. Let's see...I believe it was when I first realized I shared things in common with her. We met before, but didn't talk much, besides the school assignment we had to do together.

Some time later, we were in between classes, and apparently, we were complaining to other people about how much we couldn't stand school and such.

She wanted to go home and just watch anime all day. Well, me being a fan of anime myself, I asked what kinds she liked.

For the next year or so, we have spent hours upon hours of time together doing whatever interested both of us. That, yes, included watching anime. (She liked Ouran High School Host Club, I was more into Bleach)

So basically, it's not that great of a memory, but it was important to me. After I graduated and basically lost contact with everyone else from high school, she kept visiting me, and I'm so very grateful to her for that.

Again, it's not that impressive a memory, but I think it's important, since otherwise we probably wouldn't have become best friends.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Congrats to all the winners, and thanks to all who entered. The winners have all been gifted. Thank you for helping me honor my friend. You guys are the greatest!
  • Options
    Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited October 2012
    Holy waffle! Was looking around on the forums then my box has a 5 in it :shock: Thanks for gifting me sweetie! Had planned to get someone else if I won but you're too fast! Again I'm very sorry about your friend :( My email is in my about me section if you ever need someone to talk to. I mean that. *big hugs* Thank you! And thank you Sandy for picking on me!! *hugs*
  • Options
    BrightyBrighty Posts: 6,453 Member
    edited October 2012
    Congrats to all the winners! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Rawr2019 wrote:
    Holy waffle! Was looking around on the forums then my box has a 5 in it :shock: Thanks for gifting me sweetie! Had planned to get someone else if I won but you're too fast! Again I'm very sorry about your friend :( My email is in my about me section if you ever need someone to talk to. I mean that. *big hugs* Thank you! And thank you Sandy for picking on me!! *hugs*

Who else would you have wanted to get? Let me know, and I will send them a little something.
  • Options
    Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the gift :-)
  • Options
    Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited October 2012
    DeniseJS wrote:
    Rawr2019 wrote:

Who else would you have wanted to get? Let me know, and I will send them a little something.

It's okay hun! You're too sweet. Get yourself something :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SandySimSandySim Posts: 2,523 Member
    edited October 2012
    Rawr2019 wrote:
    :shock: Sandy why you picking on me D::lol: Thanks hun *hugs*

You're very welcome! And you won! Yay!!! <3:mrgreen:
  • Options
    TheKrazy_KimSimTheKrazy_KimSim Posts: 4,397 Member
    edited October 2012
    Woot, congrats to saschatilo and the rest of the winners and I wanted to say thank you Denise for the little gift and hosting. Again I am sorry to hear about your friend. :(

* The Krazy_Kim Sim *
  • Options
    annasommerannasommer Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited October 2012
    Oh! I thought the person you nominate would be gifted - or wait, that means Kaile came out third place, right?

Congratulations to all the winners!
    And thank you for the very sweet idea, Denise. And, of course, the gifts :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    annasommer wrote:
    Oh! I thought the person you nominate would be gifted - or wait, that means Kaile came out third place, right?

Congratulations to all the winners!
    And thank you for the very sweet idea, Denise. And, of course, the gifts :D

Kaile nominated you, and you ended up the third place winner. :)