Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you become a "Featured Member"?

tloloptlolop Posts: 16 New Member
I was just wondering if anyone knows exactly how someone becomes a featured member?

Also, are there other ways of advertizing/showing people what you have created besides uploading creations to the exchange?

Thanks!

-Tyler P

Comments

• Options
    Vietgirl_xoxoVietgirl_xoxo Posts: 7,142 Member
    edited August 2009
    You need to have like as many downloads and recommendations on the sim or house you made, and it has to be good then it can possibly get featured.
  • Options
    Arturius27Arturius27 Posts: 1,541 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Show your creations in your siggy.

If you want to advertise further, show off your creations in the Creative Corner.

Also, becoming a featured member requires you to have a certain amount of recommendations, I believe. (correct me if I'm wrong)
  • Options
    Subucni524Subucni524 Posts: 1,659 New Member
    edited August 2009
    First you have to do a shmexy 🐸🐸🐸🐸 dance amongst a horde of sprinklers. Make sure to wear a white shirt to capture their attention and...

Oh, nevermind.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Haha thanks everyone I will go to the creative corner and try that. And the reply above this one was hilarious (the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 dance one) , but I have a good feeling that's not going to work :)

-Tyler
  • Options
    SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited August 2009
    Everyone's been giving good advice!

Just keep creating awesome stuff and sharing them. If you need tips and guides on building lots, creating Sims, writing stories, making movies - take a look around the Creative Corner.

Oh yeah - and feel free to show off your creations in the Creative Corner!

If you're a builder, here's a great thread on all kinds of building tips:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/57507.page

Good luck!
  • Options
    Subucni524Subucni524 Posts: 1,659 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Oh my, then maybe the dance would work.

*Shakes what her momma gave her.* (There should be an interaction in the game like this...)

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    BennjoonBennjoon Posts: 1,909 Member
    edited August 2009
    Subucni524 wrote:
    First you have to do a shmexy 🐸🐸🐸🐸 dance amongst a horde of sprinklers. Make sure to wear a white shirt to capture their attention and...

Oh, nevermind.

I did this it worked (I wore a three wolf moon shirt tho :lol: )
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for the builder's link! I love building things and I'm always looking at ways to improve my creations. :)

-Tyler
  • Options
    MystickMoggyMystickMoggy Posts: 20 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Subucni524 wrote:

Oh, nevermind.

Also, having your own harem helps too. :twisted:
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited August 2009
    I've just had a little insight into how things work around here for "Hot" content. It seems you have a 24 hour window to make a serious impression.

Once your 24 hours are up it falls off the "Top Downloads Today" board for most downloaded items and downloads of your item slows to a crawl.

It looks like simmers simply look at the most downloaded content instead of sorting through the slush pile of content to look for the golden needle in the haystack.

Also despite having a hot property, no one seemed interested at looking at my other stuff. I only picked up 2 despite having another item with over 900 downloads. Maybe the other stuff just wasn't interesting.

Although I was impressed with my 900 downloads, it was nothing to some of the other simmers with thousands of downloads. :lol:

So what helps?

-Having very cool content,
    -replacing that useless default thumbnail with an image that really shows off your content.
    -Advertising in you siggy, to pick up more downloads after your 24 hour window has passed,
    -join other sim fan sites and advertise and link to your content here,
    -and keep content flowing on your page.

They say you can't judge a book by its cover, but I'm wondering if replacing the thumbnail picture is a big factor in getting more downloads. My most recent lot is the first time I replaced the pic and the jump in downloads from my past lots was amazing.

At least that should help for downloads, I have no idea about getting featured since I am not one of the anointed ones. :thumbdown: ;)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    StrawberrySwirlStrawberrySwirl Posts: 1,218 New Member
    edited August 2009
    What is the difference between the two (featured, non-featured)? O:
  • Options
    mynameisjimbobmynameisjimbob Posts: 911 New Member
    edited August 2009
    How many views do you need for a featured story? I had over 1100! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Mch36504Mch36504 Posts: 490 New Member
    edited August 2009
    there is NO specific amount of downloads and rec's you need to be featured
    you caould have content featured and it only have like 1 download
    featured content is chosen by the sims guru's, if one of your creations gets featured, then you become a featured member.
    The most you can do to get the guru's attention is:
    get in the top downloads/recommendations page for the day
    post in the creator's corner
    and create something unique and inspiring ;)
  • Options
    InuYasha11InuYasha11 Posts: 5
    edited August 2010
    Yea, does anyone know how to become a featured member on thesims3.com? javascript:emoticon(':(');
  • Options
    InuYasha11InuYasha11 Posts: 5
    edited August 2010
    What and where is the creator's corner?
  • Options
    xXsimgamerXxxXsimgamerXx Posts: 19
    edited September 2010
    i dunno but ik peepz who are featured members, but i have no idea what it is
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited September 2010
    I think he means the Creative Corner, here.

Each time you create a new build/Sim you could start a thread on here, or start a showcase thread and add to it each time you upload a new item.

You could start a blog and show your items there, and make a clickable signature (like mine) so people can go and have a look at your other stuff in more depth.

Or come up with something unique that no-one has yet created that looks FAB :D

It has nothing to do with how many downloads or recs your upload already has - it needs to be great and catch the eye of the gurus who choose the featured lots :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited September 2010
    I have been trying desperately to try and get some of my other lots featured but i'm at a road block. I finally fixed my showcase thread so maybe that will help.

Good Luck!! To all of you:)
  • Options
    garbuckle3000garbuckle3000 Posts: 1,840 New Member
    edited September 2010
    You don't "try" to get a feature. They are pretty much random. I've seen features for horrible stuff that takes a minute to create, and even for plagiarized items, while the best creators get the shaft.

I suggest to everyone just do your best work at all times, and if you happen to get featured, then that's a bonus for you.

To me, features mean nothing.
  • Options
    cinsinncinsinn Posts: 179 New Member
    edited September 2010
    While recieving a featured item would be nice, I just don't count on it, with so many people uploading, the guru's will probably just pick one that catches their eye that day and feature it. I'm more interested in making lots and builds that people can actually play and enjoy and getting feedback on how to improve.

As for the gyspy dance, I would like all the men to line up in loin cloth and dance!
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    edited September 2010
    As for the gyspy dance, I would like all the men to line up in loin cloth and dance!

Here ya go! :D

250px-Nambassa_1981_Aboriginal_dance_company.jpg
  • Options
    cinsinncinsinn Posts: 179 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Woots! :D
  • Options
    SIERRABALLERINA01SIERRABALLERINA01 Posts: 53
    edited July 2011
    There is 2 options on becomeing one. One should work but just to let you try.

The first is you need to have as many reccomendations On sims households and whatever else.

Or (this might be it) You Have to have a creation that catches A SimGuru's Eye :D Well i hope this helps
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited July 2011
    It all starts with your uploads and the Guru's. Once you uploaded your work, it's just up to the Guru's to like what you've done and feature it, it doesn't matter how many DL's it has or rec's your uploads have, it's up to the Guru's to feature your creations or not.

It's a warm fuzzy feeling to be featured from the Guru's.

Thanks Guru's!

Cheers! MidnightPearl! :):):)
  • Options
    beaglelover2008beaglelover2008 Posts: 4,758 Member
    edited July 2011
    To me, the only good thing abut features is that you can sort them on the Search, and it makes people easier to find. :lol: