Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite and least favorite expansion packs so far?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited July 2012
    I'm not pulling favorites.
    Each EP has something I would not get rid of. Showtime is a bit of an odd duck as it and Late Night seemed to be stepping into each others territory, but I love the two together.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    BadnessDefinedBadnessDefined Posts: 1,227 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Like CK said, I love them all and couldn't play without any of them. But Generations is my favourite. :)
  • Options
    dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I love all of the ones I have and don't regret getting any but these are mine

Fav: Generations (Ambitions comes really close in second)

Least Fav: Pets. It just got boring after like a week, while the it took me at least a month to get used to all of the other EP's.
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited July 2012
    Least Favorite: Generations (3/10)

It was a great concept. Generations had potential, but there are too many missteps during development.

Favorite: Late Night (7/10)

LN gave sims something to do after work. I love the instruments and I love Bridgeport. However, because Bridgeport is very buggy, it takes away from the EP since it's the only world classified as a "city".
  • Options
    HuckleberryHen90HuckleberryHen90 Posts: 474 Member
    edited July 2012
    My favorite EP is definitely Pets because simply..I love animals. The interactions with the animals are awesome and very realistic which is what I like in my game. I waited a long time for this expansion to be released and I was very excited to finally be able to have pets in my game again.

I don't really have a least favorite because all of the expansions have brought something into my game that I wouldn't be able to play without now. However, if I had to pick one it would probably be Showtime. I love the singing career, but this is the only feature of this expansion that I really ever use.

For me, all of the expansions were worth it because I use aspects of every game in my save. It's very interesting to read everyone's opinions on the game and see what other people think about each expansion. :)
  • Options
    DicieDicie Posts: 262 Member
    edited July 2012
    Pets was great at first--but I got bored really easy after taking care of the horses. Odd cause I really love horses. Favorite is a tie btween Generations and Late Night. Love the trouble the teens can get into-love the clubs
  • Options
    ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited July 2012
    My favorite EP is Late Night!

My least favorite EP is the Showtime & the future EP as a whole since I'm not wasting my money on the EP that I have no absolute interest.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited July 2012
    Favorites: Pets & LN. I'm an animal lover and I think Appaloosa Plains is gorgeous, so I love Pets. Being able to give my families cats, dogs, etc. adds some realism for me. I can't imagine my game without it. And LN just adds so much. I really like Bridgeport and its big city feel, I love forming a band, it's fun to be able to add clubs and bars to different neighborhoods, plus this EP comes with great hair and clothes. The only problem with it for me is the celebrity system.

Least favorite: WA. I wanted to like this EP, but I just didn't play it much after the first couple of months. I guess I wanted it to be more like a vacation, and it just never feels restful because you're always running around on fetch quests or something. It's cute and all, but it just doesn't fit into how I play TS3.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    FrusturatedUserFrusturatedUser Posts: 484 Member
    edited July 2012
    Oh, this thread again.

Favorite: WA. Anyone who says this has the least amount of content is ignoring hard facts.

Least Favorite: Showtime x1000. If LN, didn't exist, it would only be slightly worse than Amb/Gen. But seeing as LN does, ST is just a retread that adds nothing to our normal sims lives. That's why I like Pets, I can't imagine a normal family without the family cat or dog. They may not be all that exciting, but they're a necessity.
  • Options
    Alayna42000Alayna42000 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited May 2013
    How do you make a unicorn on create a sim. I saw on other people games were they have a horn when createing a hourse how do you get that?
  • Options
    DrataniDratani Posts: 113 Member
    edited May 2013
    My favorite is Generations for sure, it has made it more enjoyable to have families.

IDK if I have a least favorite. I was kind of disappointed in Ambitions - not that it's a bad EP, but I didn't really feel like it was all that. I could probably live without Pets, they get annoying after a while. Showtime is probably the biggest disappointment in terms of what careers they added, but I love Starlight Shores and the new items for sim making and building. I think all the EP's add something really cool to the game, though :)
    powerpuff-girls-criminals-costume.jpg
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited May 2013
    How do you make a unicorn on create a sim. I saw on other people games were they have a horn when createing a hourse how do you get that?

You don't. You have to find a unicorn in the world and then you can go into CAS and save it to the bin and edit it.

Unicorns appear at night if u go into map view and see a strange rainbow sparkling mist that is where the unicorn is. They usually seem to show up at some isolated fishing spot. Then your sim has to befriend the unicorn. Finally the unicorn will not let you adopt unless you are best friends with a cat a dog and another sim ( Or so I have heard, this didn't happen with my fairy he was only best friends with his dog and his family members) Some people have also mentioned if you spend a lot of time watching wildlife like deer and raccoons that you will raise a hidden skill that lets you adopt one easier I have no idea whether that is true or not.
    Good Luck with unicorn hunting :D

Anyway to the original post my favorite expansion was supernatural. I love the different occult states. And it had so much content!

Least favorite showtime it made invisible sims invade my game :evil: I had to get mods to fix everything.
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif