Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updated Aug18 *Chateua Noveau* Uploaded!! - RalphaelNinja

Final

Chateua is pronounce Cha - tooo -aaaa (not a spelling mistake)

From Ralphael's dictionary - Definition - a modern day castle from almost France created from a box.

You may download it from here :P

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=979823

C11.jpg

C01.jpg
C02.jpg
C03.jpg
C04.jpg
C05.jpg
C06.jpg
C07.jpg
C08.jpg
C09.jpg
C10.jpg

waterfall.gif
anglelevels.gif

Update.. pool of death fixed by sinking only 3 sides of the pool, leaving the cliff edge as the pool's entry and exit point.

moatswim.jpg

Updated fixing pool of death...
Though I post pictures of the embedded pool (before fixing) within my moat that I sunk in order to create a pool of death....
pooldugup.jpg

Update August 17,2009
:shock: didn't realize that this pool in the moat kills sims.... even after 3 sim deaths you would think that I would realize it :P

poolofdeath.gif

Update August 13, 2009
So getting very close... lots of subtle changes...
Your feedback, suggestions is very much needed.....

newcastle.gif

Updated:
Listening to constructive ideas, I've made changes to the coloring, fixed the moat from ground floor to 2nd floor so that the foundation covers up the steep cliff.

Feedback?

moved to a 60x60 lot.... made the moat deeper, longer bridge

added mountains :P and moat :P

Update: Modern Day Castle :P

k... looking less ugly...

So I decided to put up walls and keep the buildings in a box :P
Asante wrote:
lol... ok... then repaint the houses so they look more medieval :D
(I mean tha wallpaint...) *giggles*

Well, I've been playing with this lot for a couple of days now, adding foundations to the houses so they can be submerged underwater and colored brick so they look more medieval; just for Asante...

There is still a long ways to go before this lot looks different then my holosimulator one. Not even sure if it will ever be released.... :P

Comments?

Ralphael%20Creations%202_zpsiovmt0hx.jpg

Comments

• Options
    RalphaelNinjaRalphaelNinja Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited August 2009
    I see.... everyone is lost for words on how ugly this is....
  • Options
    ntrevino96ntrevino96 Posts: 577 New Member
    edited August 2009
    its not ugly...its cool and unique...i like it... :) u shud try making a house that looks airplaneish...that wud b neat...or like a submarine
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited August 2009
    =x
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Jasonmazda2Jasonmazda2 Posts: 3,532 Member
    edited August 2009
    nice but i'm not sure medieval was the way to go, it looks kind of odd with a random holo roof thing and below a medieval village with white tiles everywhere. Anyway good job...

Arrr it's hideous, oops am I still typing, ummm..... ( i'm joking your very talented )
    hgjghj.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    i think it would look better more modern and with only black and white furni & walls
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    aaahhh.... everyone is alive after all.....

well it is a work in progress..... I just like the arches... :P

and it was a technical challenge trying to fit roofs under a raised arch, then fitting foundations under the arches, and then fitting foundations under the buildings....

which ..... then looks er.... ugly.... fine.....

/me mumbles critics..... baaah.... no appreciation of art....
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    i like ur designs they r very cool and out of the box...i like out of the box...unless were talkin about bugs...bugs can stay in the box
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    maybe .... I should build something in a box..... like buildings in a box :P

and anjubee.... quit editing your posts.... I was going to reply to them.... but they keep changing :P
  • Options
    BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    edited August 2009
    I like it. And I also liked your other creations that you had posted on the forum some time ago. While it may not be what people traditionally like, I find your creations quite fascinating and there's no denying that they seem to push the boundaries of what the average builder builds. I didn't know you could do half the stuff that you've achieved.

It's easy to make a cute micro house with a white picket fence that everyone adores but yours are unique and I like that. Good job and well done :]
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited August 2009

and anjubee.... quit editing your posts.... I was going to reply to them.... but they keep changing :P

Thank goodness I edited in time! :twisted:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Binibini wrote:
    I like it. And I also liked your other creations that you had posted on the forum some time ago. While it may not be what people traditionally like, I find your creations quite fascinating and there's no denying that they seem to push the boundaries of what the average builder builds. I didn't know you could do half the stuff that you've achieved.

It's easy to make a cute micro house with a white picket fence that everyone adores but yours are unique and I like that. Good job and well done :]

/me passes some bribe money to Binibini :P (you will get the rest later) :P
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    updated with new ugly pictures...
    boxofhouses.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    *cough* *sneeze* *ahem*
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    less ugly.... free to comment :P

newbox.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So.... it is now a modern day castle...

Comments?

CastleRalphael.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    i liked it better with the glass fence

EDIT:is the finished 1 the glass fence or the brick fence
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ntrevino96 wrote:
    i liked it better with the glass fence

EDIT:is the finished 1 the glass fence or the brick fence

glass :)...

lots of experimentation with this one.... the whole lot will be surrounded by water , representing the moat....
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    i like it more than i like my siggy...and i reallyyyyyyyyyyy like my sigy...do u!?its new!its gots llamas and blue plumbob thingys...im new to the sims series so i can spell that wrong if i want
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ntrevino96 wrote:
    i like it more than i like my siggy...and i reallyyyyyyyyyyy like my sigy...do u!?its new!its gots llamas and blue plumbob thingys...im new to the sims series so i can spell that wrong if i want

you can spell it anyway you want.... and it will be the correct spelling no matter what :P

but thanks for liking it more then your siggy.... that is a very encouraging sign that I am doing something right...
  • Options
    WonderObeliskWonderObelisk Posts: 109 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think it's exemplary like most of your creations, although I would like a more clear view of its interior since that's pretty important to me.

And don't worry about people not posting. Only one person gave me any feedback from my globe theater thread. :P

She did give lovely advice though.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    i liked the globe theater thread...u just need worn grass inside or like the girl said...cobblestones and for the castle im would like to see pics of the interior it looks very cool though! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I think it's exemplary like most of your creations, although I would like a more clear view of its interior since that's pretty important to me.

And don't worry about people not posting. Only one person gave me any feedback from my globe theater thread. :P

She did give lovely advice though.

oh I get lots of lovely advices, especially the females, they usually have a lot to say, but when they are quiet.... (watch out) :P

The interior is being re-worked right now as it is full of empty houses :P

I am thinking of moving this 30x30 castle to a 40x40 or larger and adding some mountains? and some exterior decorations.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    that would be neat...today i made a castle and two peasent homes and im going to make a story for it...its my first castle so its very...well umm uglyish...lol but i have a very cool story for it
  • Options
    WonderObeliskWonderObelisk Posts: 109 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm interested in seeing how you're going to play around with the spacing of the house and the mountains. You've got this interesting minimalist castle house so far.

Castles usually look interesting because you have the spires going against the mountains.

If you're going to make some mountains, why not try making them synthetic or geometric looking?

Wait.

Never mind, don't listen to me. Now all I can see are perfectly rolling tellytubby hills.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I interested in seeing how you're going to play around with the spacing of the house and the mountains. You've got this interesting minimalist castle house so far.

Castles usually look interesting because you have the spires going against the mountains.

If you're going to make some mountains, why not try making them synthetic or geometric looking?

Wait.

Never mind, don't listen to me. Now all I can see are perfectly rolling tellytubby hills.

good idea WonderObelisk... I'll see what I can do.... everything is about balance... so something modernistic would be good....