Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Petition to open RABBITHOLES in game!(We gather signs - Ideas here of how this is possible)

Comments

• Options
    SilentResidentSilentResident Posts: 556 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Is this really nessessary?

May not now, but we can't stay with rabbitholes for long. :wink:

Can you imagine the game being on its 5th expansion and still have Rabbitholes because the players didn't cared? :P

Everyone has a different method of playing. Everyone has different wants and ideas on a game. So to say that one doesn’t care thus causing rabbit holes to be a norm is absurd.

I didn’t sign because I’m fine with rabbit holes at the grocery and bookstore. As you’ll recall in S2 we may have been able to go into the grocery but all the stuff on the shelves was ‘dummy’ food and in the end you got a pop up asking you how much you wanted to spend. You didn’t even pick what type of foods. At least now we get a menu that allows us to shop for specific foods. I like it. : )

Besides, it’s better to not have to follow your sim into those types of places. You can be off playing another member of the household and wait for the menu to pop up thus shopping while you concentrate on some other sim.

And as I stated before, I highly doubt a nightclub or the likes will be a rabbit hole when and if they should come out with them. This thread just stirs the pot needlessly. Rabbit holes may or may not be the norm of the game once EPs start coming out. Do you have proof that rabbit holes will be included on all community type lots for eternity?

If I have proof that rabbitholes will be included to the coming community type lots, is answered already: Restaurants and theaters are already Rabbitholes...

I don't see a point to have Restaurant and Theater Rabbithole while the Nightclub not.
    Both of them are important in terms of community interaction.

I ask players to stop bothering us with specific details, the Petition is just for those who regardless of their gameplay style, want a specific rabbithole to be unlocked, just in general level. Dont tell us the reasons you don't sign. Tell us if there is any rabbithole type of community lot you want to see unlocked for your gameplay style and /sign it.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I have updated the title of the topic. Already updated the first page but forgot in the title the word "delete" which I feel it does not fits well with the petition.

Thanks. Have nice day :)
  • Options
    RecalibratRecalibrat Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /Signed
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited July 2009

Can you imagine the game being on its 5th expansion and still have Rabbitholes because the players didn't cared? :P

Everyone has a different method of playing. Everyone has different wants and ideas on a game. So to say that one doesn’t care thus causing rabbit holes to be a norm is absurd.

I didn’t sign because I’m fine with rabbit holes at the grocery and bookstore. As you’ll recall in S2 we may have been able to go into the grocery but all the stuff on the shelves was ‘dummy’ food and in the end you got a pop up asking you how much you wanted to spend. You didn’t even pick what type of foods. At least now we get a menu that allows us to shop for specific foods. I like it. : )

Besides, it’s better to not have to follow your sim into those types of places. You can be off playing another member of the household and wait for the menu to pop up thus shopping while you concentrate on some other sim.

And as I stated before, I highly doubt a nightclub or the likes will be a rabbit hole when and if they should come out with them. This thread just stirs the pot needlessly. Rabbit holes may or may not be the norm of the game once EPs start coming out. Do you have proof that rabbit holes will be included on all community type lots for eternity?

If I have proof that rabbitholes will be included to the coming community type lots, is answered already: Restaurants and theaters are already Rabbitholes...

I don't see a point to have Restaurant and Theater Rabbithole while the Nightclub not.

I ask players to stop bothering us with specific details, the Petition is just for those who regardless of their gameplay style, want a specific rabbithole to be unlocked, just in general level. Dont tell us the reasons you don't sign. Tell us if there is any rabbithole type of community lot you want to see unlocked for your gameplay style and /sign it.

Please give us your proof that current rabbitholes will stay rabbitholes. Are you claiming to know the ins and outs of the Sims makers? This game just came out, give them a break for pity sakes.

And I've been reading your thread for days now and my observation is that anytime someone disagrees with you you come back and blame them for the rabbitholes being in the game. Please don't tell us we can't use specifics, you do. And I'm sorry but your petition is a public petition and we can say if we, as SIMS3 players, want certain rabbit holes to be opened or not. Our voices count just like yours. And why should we that disagree with a percentage of your petition to open ALL rabbit holes not post our votes here? Too many petitions on the same topic clogs the forums.

BTW, in an earlier thread I did cast my vote of NO to opening the grocery and bookstore.

Have a great day too!

p.s. I'm still trying to figure out how your sims will socialize in the movie theater should it be opened to enter? It's a theater, you sit and watch the movie, play, etc... It's a place not to talk. Please expand.
  • Options
    TateSaundersTateSaunders Posts: 997 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The rabbit holes are rabbit holes because they are the Sims workplaces. It would take a lot of special animations to convert this. Then there are jobs like Super Spy they cant show you every aspect of that. Who wants to sit there all day and watch your sim repeatedly do the same thing over and over? Not me. I certainly do not want loading screens back. There are lots you can convert to community lots in the game. I just added a family recreation center to my game, lots of new parks and gardens I added that people made. There are lots of community lots in the exchange. I find there is lots I can watch my sim doing. I actually like i can send them to these places without having to watching them, that frees up time to see whats going on around town or manage other household sims. Restuaraunt capability in Sims 2 did not get added till Nightlife. University added many things to, that is what expansion packs are for.
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Please give us your proof that current rabbitholes will stay rabbitholes. Are you claiming to know the ins and outs of the Sims makers? This game just came out, give them a break for pity sakes.

And I've been reading your thread for days now and my observation is that anytime someone disagrees with you you come back and blame them for the rabbitholes being in the game. Please don't tell us we can't use specifics, you do. And I'm sorry but your petition is a public petition and we can say if we, as SIMS3 players, want certain rabbit holes to be opened or not. Our voices count just like yours. And why should we that disagree with a percentage of your petition to open ALL rabbit holes not post our votes here? Too many petitions on the same topic clogs the forums.

BTW, in an earlier thread I did cast my vote of NO to opening the grocery and bookstore.

Have a great day too!

p.s. I'm still trying to figure out how your sims will socialize in the movie theater should it be opened to enter? It's a theater, you sit and watch the movie, play, etc... It's a place not to talk. Please expand.

First of all I don't blame anyone. Why you see the other comments to be offensive? I am saying that this petition is gathering the votes of the players who want the rabbitholes to OPEN. This petition is not for which rabbitholes to NOT OPEN. If someone want to tell that he denies it, he is welcomed, but even better they can avoid this topic as we are trying to keep the topic focused on the players who want to sign it rather to those players who just comment their denials but dont sign. We collecting comments focused on /signs and rabbithope preferences, rather than growing it with denials as I will not count denials at all in the total results.
    The reason I am trying to keep the petition clean of denials is because we are already many pages ahead and still very few /signs given.

Yes the game just came but the same for Sims 2 when it firstly came, it has already all those features. So the removal of those features from Sims 2 makes me to worry if the rabbitholes will open or not in Sims 3. They don't locked them so to open them later, do they? Who knows? The messages EA's choice sends are confusing the players. This petition is not meant to prove that the Sims 3 developing team is planning to open specific rabbitholes or not. Is here just to request the opening of the rabbitholes.

You said that in an earlier thread you did cast your vote of NO to opening the grocery and bookstore. But you don't clear if you vote YES to some other rabbitholes. If you do, please tell us. This is what we look for.
  • Options
    Benno93Benno93 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hmm, to some extent i do agree that some of the rabbitholes should be opened up but some shouldent. Ive never visited the resteraunt and im probably never going too. To me i'd rather cook in the home that i could have spent 3 hours on then go and go to some resterant. Some should be opened though, i do agree with some of the ideas that have been discussed in this thread, such as the football stadium.
    So for that reason.

*signs*
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Actually, I didn’t vote yes to anything. But I wanted to cast NO to the ones that I did because mine and others opinions, whether they be no or yes, should count towards your petition. Like I said, it’s unproductive for me to go and open a second petition on this same topic but only for the purpose of counting nos.

If it had been me, I would have listed the current, rabbit holed lots and asked for yes or no votes on each to open them. I.E……

Hospital – I vote no
    Book Store – I vote no
    Grocery – I vote no
    Spa – I vote maybe
    Restaurant – I vote undecided based upon what I experienced in SIMS2 with them.

I still think this petition jumps the gun because we as players have no clue into the path EA will be taking this game with EP and/or modifications to the base game. It’s a wait and see thing. But that’s my opinion.
  • Options
    mistresspacomistresspaco Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Signed
  • Options
    Taylor0628Taylor0628 Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited July 2009
    *Looks up at qoute pyramids*

People are still argueing about this? Really now. Some rabbit holes should be opened, some shouldn't.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Actually, I didn’t vote yes to anything. But I wanted to cast NO to the ones that I did because mine and others opinions, whether they be no or yes, should count towards your petition. Like I said, it’s unproductive for me to go and open a second petition on this same topic but only for the purpose of counting nos.

If it had been me, I would have listed the current, rabbit holed lots and asked for yes or no votes on each to open them. I.E……

Hospital – I vote no
    Book Store – I vote no
    Grocery – I vote no
    Spa – I vote maybe
    Restaurant – I vote undecided based upon what I experienced in SIMS2 with them.

I still think this petition jumps the gun because we as players have no clue into the path EA will be taking this game with EP and/or modifications to the base game. It’s a wait and see thing. But that’s my opinion.

Dear CoffeeChick0, I was thinking about this extensively. I reconsider what I said about the "no" votes. I welcome all the types of votes about Rabbitholes. However I have to focuse on the /signs rather to /no signs.

All the votes, BOTH the "yes" and the "no" ones should be highly welcomed. :wink:
  • Options
    Ampey2006Ampey2006 Posts: 481 Member
    edited July 2009
    I'll sign. I hate that you can't see your Sims inside most of the community lots.
  • Options
    DebbieGCDebbieGC Posts: 288 Member
    edited July 2009
    /signed

I'm signing, you're signing, we're all signing!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I forgot tell you the news my dearest friends

Me and some friends did an extensive test to confirm or prove wrong the myth "EA added rabbit holes so the game didn't lag".

Some friends who have replaced the rabbitholes with real Community lots (that have real interiors) I gave to them, reported back that their games run absolutely smoothy, fast, without any difference, without any lag or loading times.

Those Community Lots have been created by myself, have 4 floors each, are heavily decorated (any wall, any corner, any floor) with items. All of them replaced the default Rabbitholes (the Hospital, 2 restaurants, the Spa, the Theater, the 2 Shops, the School and the Townhall).

Are buildings with real interiors (even if they are not trully operating like Rabbitholes).

The players reported that their game's performance is excactly the same, regardless if there are rabbitholes in their neighborhoods.

The buildings with real interiors act like Gym and Library: they load only when your Sims are actually visiting them. Their interiors unload as soon as your sims return home or go to another lot.

So the theory that "EA added rabbit holes so the game didn't lag" is finally proved wrong after the tests on more computers. This means that EA did excellent work on the Seamless Neighborhood system!

Excellent work, EA! We love Sims 3 and its Seamless Neighborhoods. :wink:

Have fun! :D

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    armywifeyarmywifey Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Signed!!!!!!
  • Options
    sim_jpsim_jp Posts: 583 New Member
    edited July 2009
    *sign*

And your avatar is....amusing....
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    sim_jp wrote:
    *sign*

And your avatar is....amusing....

Amusing? :D thanks :oops:
  • Options
    AlikaThiartAlikaThiart Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /SIGN
  • Options
    Pappy02usPappy02us Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'll sign on. I actually don't go into town because of the rabbit holes. Since I have nothing to do there I stay home where I can play my characters. Bringing back the Sims2 style areas would really cool.
  • Options
    St_lukeSt_luke Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /Signed St_Luke

mysig_296717007.jpg
  • Options
    Lildevilgirl9554Lildevilgirl9554 Posts: 560 Member
    edited July 2009
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Keep signing dear players! :D

We love Sims 3, lets expand the town simulation in Sims 3! :D
  • Options
    zombiebovinezombiebovine Posts: 71 New Member
    edited July 2009
    LOL.

I wonder if anyone here has ever tried to make a video game as large as the Sims 3.

There are a lot of things that make me angry about EA but this petition is just silly. There are some venues I wish were still available (restaurants, clubs) but they will be added in the future. Trying to implement those features when EA can't even get the save game option right... Hahaha....
  • Options
    Staple_SaladStaple_Salad Posts: 474 Member
    edited July 2009
    I like the rabbit holes. Speeds up game load time, gives us a more diverse neighborhood, allows things like restaurants to be in the shipping game.

I'm sure there will be "open" rabbit holes, like spas and restaurants, through expansions, but probably not where sims work. It'd make the game bog down too much to load a lot more interactions.

Plus for people with big families, sending someone to work can be a blessing.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    LOL.

I wonder if anyone here has ever tried to make a video game as large as the Sims 3.

There are a lot of things that make me angry about EA but this petition is just silly. There are some venues I wish were still available (restaurants, clubs) but they will be added in the future. Trying to implement those features when EA can't even get the save game option right... Hahaha....

Yep, there is a game that is larger than The Sims 3. Its name? World of Warcraft. :wink:

They will be added in the future? You sound like you are very sure about this. :-)
    I just want to believe you! :( But... the fact that some buildings that should have been obviously be opened in the base game, but they have been turned into rabbitholes, makes me to worry. I hope EA will really open them :D