The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do neighbors adopt the pets you put up for adoption?

My dog just had puppies and I don't think I can handle 4 dogs, a horse, a toddler, and a teenager. So i was going to put one of the puppies up for adoption but I am hesitant about putting them up for adoption if they just go away to never be seen again.

Comments

• Options
    KikionparasKikionparas Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited October 2011
    No apparently if you put them up for adoption, a social worker just comes and collects them and you never see them again :<

Do what I and many others do: go to Edit town and merge the puppies with different households. Then you'll be able to see them running around and maybe even having puppies of their own some day :)
  • Options
    CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited October 2011
    No apparently if you put them up for adoption, a social worker just comes and collects them and you never see them again :<

Do what I and many others do: go to Edit town and merge the puppies with different households. Then you'll be able to see them running around and maybe even having puppies of their own some day :)
    I've been doing this. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    CuddlyBun wrote:

I wish the pet limit was higher though D: 6 just isn't enough.

I love your siggy btw, it kills me everytime I see it!! Too cute <3 >.<
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    CuddlyBun wrote:

I wish the pet limit was higher though D: 6 just isn't enough.

I love your siggy btw, it kills me everytime I see it!! Too cute <3 >.<
    Haha, I'm a little obsessed with cats. XD

I've been using Twallan's MC + Portrait Panel to allow more pets & sims. It's been working out great for my sims so far. I prefer large families. :)
  • Options
    anohvcanohvc Posts: 19 New Member
    edited October 2011
    CuddlyBun - can you please post a link to that mod? I'm running my game vanilla right now (no mods, no CC), but I would LOVE larger families!!! I completely agree that 6 pets is not enough! I could easily handle 10 sims and 10 pets lol. Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    anohvc wrote:
    CuddlyBun - can you please post a link to that mod? I'm running my game vanilla right now (no mods, no CC), but I would LOVE larger families!!! I completely agree that 6 pets is not enough! I could easily handle 10 sims and 10 pets lol. Thanks in advance!

Master controller: http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?/topic/2029-the-mastercontroller-phase-five-version-67-updated-2011-oct-25/

You'll have to set "Allow More Than Eight Sims Per House" to true.

Portrait panel: http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?/topic/2026-the-portraitpanel-phase-four-version-16-updated-2011-oct-23/

This is so all the extra sims/pets show up on the panel. :)
  • Options
    anohvcanohvc Posts: 19 New Member
    edited October 2011
    You're the best!! Thanks so much! Need room to add more unicorn foals :)

Screenshot-49.jpg

Screenshot-44.jpg
  • Options
    blueflame17528blueflame17528 Posts: 1,937 Member
    edited October 2011
    anohvc wrote:
    You're the best!! Thanks so much! Need room to add more unicorn foals :)

You're foals are adoreable! Would you be against uploading them to the exchange? :3
  • Options
    fryfrkhllyfryfrkhlly Posts: 659 Member
    edited October 2011
    Gorgeous Unicorn foals!!!
  • Options
    XxDespairAngelxXXxDespairAngelxX Posts: 144 Member
    edited October 2011
    CuddlyBun wrote:
    anohvc wrote:

Master controller: http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?/topic/2029-the-mastercontroller-phase-five-version-67-updated-2011-oct-25/

You'll have to set "Allow More Than Eight Sims Per House" to true.

Portrait panel: http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?/topic/2026-the-portraitpanel-phase-four-version-16-updated-2011-oct-23/

This is so all the extra sims/pets show up on the panel. :)

I've always wanted to use mods in my game but I swear I cannot learn how to install ANYTHING. It's just so confusing for me. Thank you for the links though. I'm going to try to learn how to download them tonight.
    Gallery: minimeg1718
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    CuddlyBun wrote:
    Haha, I'm a little obsessed with cats. XD

I've been using Twallan's MC + Portrait Panel to allow more pets & sims. It's been working out great for my sims so far. I prefer large families. :)

I'm getting two cats next week :)

I have MC and I had the portrait Panel as well, but I wanted to be able to have my pets breed and be able to adopt strays so I got woohooer for that but all those extra (well two) mods made my game a bit laggy, so I deleted them :/

Now in my game I have a unicorn (she's pregnant), 3 adult horses and one foal, but I really wanna adopt a cat and my sim's supposed to be marrying someone who has a dog as well so I'm like AAARGHHHHH!!! 6 isn't enough. I was really disappointed when they announced it, why can't it be at least 8 ??!

• Options
    JenniTayBearJenniTayBear Posts: 46 New Member
    edited October 2011
    which one of the 2 downloads are best to download? one says 900 people have downloded one says 487? so top or bottom sorry i really want this too
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    You mean between MC and the Portrait Panel? Cos if you want pets you need both :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    ok then how do i add it? i got 7zip but cant seem to figure out how to add it to the game... is there away i can message you privatly?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Ok i added them both so im guessing the mod ony works with letting the human sims have more then it says? because i have the allow more then 8 sims set to true and i still cant get more then 6 animals... or do i need to do something else?
  • Options
    Elke87Elke87 Posts: 45 New Member
    edited October 2011
    You can't adopt more pets from the shelter with that mod. That part is very difficult to break but he is working on it.
    You can only impregnate the animals you already have with MC. And add strays but that's all.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    no i try to impregnant my own animals and it still wont let me.. thats why i was asking
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited October 2011
    Pets given up for adoption aren't necessarily gone forever. Case in point, I had the Fox family give up for adoption a foal named Farah Fox (I did not name him :) ). I was playing the Blackburn household and she had a want to adopt a foal, so she did so via the newspaper. When the panel appeared with the adoptable pets, Farah was one of them. So I had her choose him. It is the same foal with a very unique coat pattern. The only problem with adoption is that Farah (now Farah Blackburn) lost his family tree connection to his birth parents. I was bummed about that. But I used Twallan's MC to reconnnect him to his mother and father so all is right with my Sim world.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    enjoytheshowenjoytheshow Posts: 6
    edited November 2011
    Shouldn't my pets on Sims 3 (I have the pets expansion) be able to have puppies/kittens/foals even after I hit the max 6 pet limit with the master controller mod? Assuming I installed it correctly?

My pets are unable to become pregnant, and I thought I installed the mod in the right way...under documents, with the resource folder, etcetc. I am prompted before I select which game I want to play after the initial log in screen to accept that mod scripts were found, for master controller and the portrait panel.

Even after this the selection to "try for puppies" and options like that are greyed out on my game because there "isn't enough space in the household for the pet to become pregnant". Anyone have any clue what I did wrong, or why it's doing that? Or if I even CAN have more than six like I'd thought I could.

Oh, also, the rest of the mod seems to be working alright, and I have the "allow more than eight in household" option set to true.
    Thanks in advance for any help!
  • Options
    Shadow109Shadow109 Posts: 50 Member
    NUUU IM CRYING NOW lol I put my pets that I didn't want up for adoption thinking I'd see them around town and now this? :'C
  • Options
    DessapuppyDessapuppy Posts: 6 New Member
    When I try to install mods, it says that I need to use the 'Mods' file. I don't have a mods file! What do I do there?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Dessapuppy wrote: »
    When I try to install mods, it says that I need to use the 'Mods' file. I don't have a mods file! What do I do there?
    http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    sevdebenlisevdebenli Posts: 2 New Member
    ı adopted a horse and sent him back for adoption because ı travelled to the china. and ı adopted the same horse again when ı come back to home! :smiley:
  • Options
    rachelt405rachelt405 Posts: 1,533 Member
    I do the same as most and go into edit town and put them into other households, I also make sure that the household have food bowls, toys etc if they don't i give them everything that pet needs
    it is a shame you cant put them up for adoption and other sims come to the house to choose one but never mind :)
    Be kind to animals please help stop all cruelty to them

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Not adoption exactly, but you can consign animals at the consignment shop with the NRaas Consigner mod if they have any value, which depends on their traits, skills, and breeding. There are no guarantees this way, but if there are sims in town who can accommodate some new pets, they may get purchased by other households and stay in the game. But I wouldn't recommend doing it that way if the animals being removed by the game (purchased by fictitious out of towners) would be upsetting.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net