The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For those having graphic issuses and have a Nvidia graphics card....

I was having some pretty terrible graphic glitches after I installed Pets and just found out yesterday that Nvidia released (on October 24th) a bunch of driver updates for their cards. If you haven't tried updating your drivers in the past couple of days, give it a try now and see if it helps. It helped me out a lot. The game is still not perfect. It lags a bit here and there, but still a huge improvement.

Comments

• Options
    seaweedyseaweedy Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited October 2011
    Thank you for this information. I am not having problems but I did check and there is an update for my driver--downloading now.
  • Options
    CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Although I'm not having any problems, there was apparently a new driver released for my card. :)
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited October 2011
    I got a notice that one was available, but I haven't downloaded it yet (I'm using my computer and don't want constant messages to restart. :P ) However, I'll download the newest one and see what's up with it. I made sure it was up-to-date before installing Pets, but have done nothing since.

Thanks for the reminder. :D
  • Options
    PrincessTink384PrincessTink384 Posts: 611 Member
    edited October 2011
    i checked a couple days ago i will check again :) thanks :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    just downloading my update now :) thank you again
  • Options
    XxDespairAngelxXXxDespairAngelxX Posts: 144 Member
    edited October 2011
    How do I check? XD Sorry about my lack of knowledge haha.
    Gallery: minimeg1718
  • Options
    edited October 2011

go to nvidia's website and look and see if your one has an update
  • Options
    edited October 2011

go to nvidia's website and look and see if your one has an update

It does! Thank you =D
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited October 2011
    Can you let us know if it fixes the "no fluff" issue? I have a Radeon card with the latest drivers but have no fluff/furriness, so unfortunately Nvidia updates won't help me but I hope they help others.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Stdlr9 wrote:
    Can you let us know if it fixes the "no fluff" issue? I have a Radeon card with the latest drivers but have no fluff/furriness, so unfortunately Nvidia updates won't help me but I hope they help others.

i haven't played yet but i am going to soon to see if it works i will let you know :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    just played for over an hour and my update has worked. i have no problems what so ever. will play again tonight for longer.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Hrm...the update's not working for me. Like, it won't even download. Has anyone tried this on a laptop where the Nvidia card was pre-built in?

Every time I try it says that the system isn't compatible or something. Can't remember exactly.
  • Options
    ethansmom0904ethansmom0904 Posts: 10
    edited October 2011
    Are you trying to do the auto scan for the card? It said that for me too on autoscan until I opened it in IE instead of Chrome.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited October 2011
    Stdlr9 wrote:

I think the "no fluff" issue is primarily an ATI card thing, though there may be some NVidia cards that are affected. Hopefully ATI will be following suit and releasing driver updates soon that will correct this problem for most people.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Are you trying to do the auto scan for the card? It said that for me too on autoscan until I opened it in IE instead of Chrome.

I'm about to try that haha. Thank you for the suggestion! =D
  • Options
    xNeinxXxNeinxX Posts: 132 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I haven't had any graphics issues but just to let people know just in case they have the same laptop as me. I have an asus UL80jt laptop that has dual video cards, it's only a year old, but its a known issue that you cant update Nvidia's drivers, it conflicts (causes insta freeze on start up) with asus's system BIOS and they did update it but left out a fix for the drivers and don't actually plan on fixing them. :?

but for now pets works more than fine, I just don't have reflections turned on or high detailing in neighboring houses because it'll lag and over heat

Edit: never mind there was a BIOS update that I needed and now I was able to update my video card too. hmm maybe I can use reflections now
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    sereia8sereia8 Posts: 2,333 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Stdlr9 wrote:

I think the "no fluff" issue is primarily an ATI card thing, though there may be some NVidia cards that are affected. Hopefully ATI will be following suit and releasing driver updates soon that will correct this problem for most people.

It's not an issue with updates. The game is glitching out with some cards and we can't see fluff. (feels like I am arguing over deformed pets)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    sereia8 wrote:

It's not an issue with updates. The game is glitching out with some cards and we can't see fluff. (feels like I am arguing over deformed pets)

That may be true, but already a couple users who got the newest update from Nvidia have reported that their pets now look normal. So there may be something to it.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    xNeinxX wrote:
    I haven't had any graphics issues but just to let people know just in case they have the same laptop as me. I have an asus UL80jt laptop that has dual video cards, it's only a year old, but its a known issue that you cant update Nvidia's drivers, it conflicts (causes insta freeze on start up) with asus's system BIOS and they did update it but left out a fix for the drivers and don't actually plan on fixing them. :?

but for now pets works more than fine, I just don't have reflections turned on or high detailing in neighboring houses because it'll lag and over heat

Edit: never mind there was a BIOS update that I needed and now I was able to update my video card too. hmm maybe I can use reflections now

What? Uh oh, that's not good. I have an Asus notebook UL50VT/UL50Vg series with a Nvidia Geforce G210m card built in. That totally sucks though! My game freezes up all the time and is a serious lagger since installing pets. Boo =(
  • Options
    hermione23hermione23 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I have a Nvidia GeForce 6150SE card, and I updated my drivers a couple of days ago, but didn't see any difference, so I did a system restore to go back to before I updated it. I might wait awhile and update them again, though.

The graphic issues aren't that big, just the dogs and cats faces and fur look strange. So I don't know what it is. I hope I don't have to get a new card, but I guess I will if I have to. :(
  • Options
    Srich83Srich83 Posts: 468 Member
    edited October 2011
    hermione23 wrote:
    I have a Nvidia GeForce 6150SE card, and I updated my drivers a couple of days ago, but didn't see any difference, so I did a system restore to go back to before I updated it. I might wait awhile and update them again, though.

The graphic issues aren't that big, just the dogs and cats faces and fur look strange. So I don't know what it is. I hope I don't have to get a new card, but I guess I will if I have to. :(

I have the same card and same problems. Im updating my card now...if theres no change I will probably wait on it then. Im glad the horses are perfect thats all I really care about. but now I want dogs and cats and I cant stand the way they look. I got a foxhound and he doesnt look too bad. Thanks!
  • Options
    Srich83Srich83 Posts: 468 Member
    edited October 2011
    I just updated and now my dog looks worse than ever!
  • Options
    keshialeekeshialee Posts: 533 Member
    edited October 2011
    Yes, they have been updated for Battlefield mainly, but users may find that it helps a little with Sims3 settings :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Srich83 wrote:
    I just updated and now my dog looks worse than ever!

Sometimes when you install a new EP or a new driver some of the settings go back down to their default. You should check your graphics options and make sure the sliders are where they should be. Also make sure 'advanced rendering' is turned on.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    sereia8 wrote:

That may be true, but already a couple users who got the newest update from Nvidia have reported that their pets now look normal. So there may be something to it.

yep they look better too!