The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About graphics cards-EVERYONE please read!

Comments

• Options
    susiedsusied Posts: 4
    edited October 2011
    imac / snow leopard / ATi Radeon HD 5670

Prior to Pets, had been happily running at native resolution (2560x1440) with all settings (other than detailed lots and trees) at max.

No distortions or animation problems as yet but fur is not rendering correctly. Have choice of solid, fat, unfluffy pets with advanced rending on; or weird transparent fur-suit aura with advanced rending off.
  • Options
    juulsaysjuulsays Posts: 11
    edited October 2011
    I play on the newest macbook pro (2011)
    and I have a intel HD video 3000 384 MB
    and I have after updating my mac a problem with
    my sims, dogs and cats, when I zoom in, they
    are flickering in one color, like brown or black.
    My horses show perfectly, it's only my sims
    and other pets.
    Luckily I can play, if I don't zoom too much,
    but it's quite annoying because also the pictures
    of my sims show complete brown or black heads.
    And in CAS the eyes of my sims are really weird.

What should I do?
    Can it be that my card is too new or something?
  • Options
    Joshua1999Joshua1999 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I have AMD Ultimate Vision and it works
  • Options
    kandygrl446kandygrl446 Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    i have a nvidia geforce 7050 and nvidia nforce 620i and sims pets game keeps crashing after half an hour of playing. I have uninstalled it 8 times but it still keeps crashing
  • Options
    BluezepherBluezepher Posts: 8 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I have the Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family on Windows Vista and my pets are extremely distorted.
    I tried going to Intel's website to look for an update to the card, and it determined that I have "Intel® GM965(version 7.14.10.1253)" and said "A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer." So I tried to update the card through device manager, and it said "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date."
    Can anyone help me? s: Is there a manual update I can do? Or is there anything I can do, short of buying a new graphics card?
  • Options
    cannibaleyescannibaleyes Posts: 350 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Not sure if my experience matters here, but I have NVIDIA GeForce 9400M and horses do NOT crash my game. o.0
  • Options
    BMKBBMKB Posts: 3 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I have the graphic card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4300 Series

And I have NO problems, except one thing, the animals don't have that fluffy fur that they had in the demo I tried some time ago. But otherwise, it runs fine :-)
  • Options
    XxDespairAngelxXXxDespairAngelxX Posts: 144 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have Nvidia Geforce G210M on my laptop. This is the graphics card that came built in the laptop when I bought it.

My game crashes and lags when it's not crashing.
    Gallery: minimeg1718
  • Options
    Fuzzyfoo1212Fuzzyfoo1212 Posts: 32
    edited October 2011
    Is the ATI Radeon x1200 supported? My pets are distorted, and I wanted to know if I need to buy a new laptop...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Is the ATI Radeon x1200 supported? My pets are distorted, and I wanted to know if I need to buy a new laptop...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Sorry 'bout the double post XD
  • Options
    CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited October 2011
    According to the system requirements page it's not supported. It jumps from the X850 to the X1300 on the supported cards list.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    CuddlyBun wrote:
    According to the system requirements page it's not supported. It jumps from the X850 to the X1300 on the supported cards list.

-snap- (that was my heart breaking XD) Awww.... I guess "Can you run it?" Needs to update it's info... Thanks for informing me about that... I guess I need to start saving!!
  • Options
    SapphireChaosSapphireChaos Posts: 5 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Okay, I've been playing Pets for about an hour and I am happy to report that the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 card has absolutely NO problems :)
    (except maybe a little lack of fluff, but it honestly isn't bothering me at the moment)
  • Options
    katyshewankatyshewan Posts: 2,717 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Bluezepher wrote:
    I have the Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family on Windows Vista and my pets are extremely distorted.
    I tried going to Intel's website to look for an update to the card, and it determined that I have "Intel® GM965(version 7.14.10.1253)" and said "A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer." So I tried to update the card through device manager, and it said "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date."
    Can anyone help me? s: Is there a manual update I can do? Or is there anything I can do, short of buying a new graphics card?

I have thee exact same problem, my card is Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family. They told me to contact my computer manufacturer, which is Toshiba.. but i cant get much further then that. another dead end, i cant work out my full modle number for my laptop so i cant update the drivers therfore im screwed :lol:
    The people on the Tec forums say that my card isn't supported, and i dont think pets will run on it.. i can play the sims at the moment on high settings, but pets seems like a biiig graphics problem game :lol:
  • Options
    ItarilleAncalimItarilleAncalim Posts: 4 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I have a AMD M880G and running into problems :(
  • Options
    angelsnlionsangelsnlions Posts: 18
    edited October 2011
    katyshewan wrote:
    Bluezepher wrote:

I have thee exact same problem, my card is Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family. They told me to contact my computer manufacturer, which is Toshiba.. but i cant get much further then that. another dead end, i cant work out my full modle number for my laptop so i cant update the drivers therfore im screwed :lol:
    The people on the Tec forums say that my card isn't supported, and i dont think pets will run on it.. i can play the sims at the moment on high settings, but pets seems like a biiig graphics problem game :lol:

@katyshewan I have the same chipset as you but your saying that Pets is not playable? :cry: See I REALLY want to get it because like you said, my laptop has been able to handle the base game and the expansions very well so far. I've also had some people tell me on the forums that they are playing the game with our chipset with only some additional lag and load times. Do you know how much RAM your laptop has, as I believe that is where the chipset draws help from when we play the game? My laptop has 4GB.
  • Options
    funnycat11funnycat11 Posts: 451 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I have a Radeon HD 4550. Is that good enough?
  • Options
    corvusdeicorvusdei Posts: 345 New Member
    edited October 2011
    It's really important that people trying to update drivers for laptops go through the manufacturer, as drivers for integrated systems tend to glitch hard with generic updates. Usually the webpage for your manufacturer will have a support section that lets you find your specific system and download drivers for it.

I hope it's OK to link to Toshiba here but there seem to be a lot of Toshiba users in distress, so..

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp?nav=Product Support

Try starting there.
  • Options
    aamandajmaamandajm Posts: 21
    edited October 2011
    I have the ATI Radeon X1270. I think people are saying that it isn't supported... so what is a good card to buy? I just really want to play this game without severely deformed pets! :(
  • Options
    AnnieDancing0AnnieDancing0 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset and my only big problem is that my pets are distorted. Game runs smooth still and I can play it, just the animals look weird. Only the cats, dogs and horses. Other animals including Deer and snakes and such are perfectly normal. I just have to think that my sim is fostering poor mutant animals when I play. Hopefully EA fixes this.
  • Options
    7Deadly5ins7Deadly5ins Posts: 524 Member
    edited October 2011
    What are the rest of your specs? For people that are looking to upgrade, we need to know the rest of your hardware.
  • Options
    omega2alphaomega2alpha Posts: 53 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I have an ATI Radeon X600.

My pets have semi-invisible fur/fluff with little black dots over them (I have advanced rendering on).

I have also noticed since installing pets that the shadows are really pixelated and all graphics are less sharp and beautiful (I haven't changed my settings).

Screenshot-9-1.jpg
  • Options
    moritz081490moritz081490 Posts: 251
    edited October 2011
    I'm not to savvy when it comes to things in the tech world, correct me if I am wrong (please!) but if its a higher number like NVIDIA GeForce 9400 compared to NVIDIA GeForce 7100 (which is what I have) then the latter with the higher number is better, right? (Bigger=better?) Just making an attempt to gain some insight so I can judge as to whether or not to even bother with pets... Thanks for any info
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm not to savvy when it comes to things in the tech world, correct me if I am wrong (please!) but if its a higher number like NVIDIA GeForce 9400 compared to NVIDIA GeForce 7100 (which is what I have) then the latter with the higher number is better, right? (Bigger=better?) Just making an attempt to gain some insight so I can judge as to whether or not to even bother with pets... Thanks for any info
    I don't really use the ATI card and I still get confused on their naming convention, I did that the other night. I do like the Nvidia cards and have always been satisfied with them (even though they had a bad batch) a few years back. Maybe this chart on MTS will help you figure it out better. The older cards are for each mfg is at the top and the newer cards are at the bottom.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements

I do like that they color coded the chart and anything with all green should play the game well.

EDIT: If you look at that chart you will see the 9400 rates a maybe.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).