Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    ScoiattoloScoiattolo Posts: 932
    edited August 2011

LEVEL: not sure

I think you could enter as advanced if you feel comfortable with that. :)
  • Options
    ladyCryptntladyCryptnt Posts: 156 Member
    edited August 2011
    :oops: thankyou Scorpio :) I can't believe I did that :lol:

That will be fine Scoiattolo, and thanks for a quick reply :)
  • Options
    juliejulezzzzzjuliejulezzzzz Posts: 42
    edited August 2011
    Name: juliejulezzzzz

Link to the posted asset (link to lot): Still working on it, doesn't seem to be uploading.

Link to media (required for judging): http://s1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/juliejulezzzzz/Build n Share 108/

Optional Challenges entered?: None

Constructive Criticism?: Yes please!

Experience level: I guess beginner. This is my first build & share and I don't do much building usually!

Lot Name: Didn't name it...

Lot address, size, and final cost: 2450 Pinochle Point, 30x20, $55,952 furnished, $28,858 unfurnished.

Details and Rational: I chose Nandita Das. I picked the lot because it is close to the military base where she will be working towards her astronaut ambitions. The exterior of the home is meant to look like a Craftsman bungalow since that popped in my head when I read her description. The inside is decorated with her favorite color, blue, in every room. She doesn't strike me as a girl who cooks much, so the kitchen is on the smaller side, but is charming with the blue cabinets and subway tile backsplash, and it is equipped with a food processor to make her favorite autumn salad dish in a snap. She is a workaholic so she has a dedicated office where she can close the door and work away the day/night without any interruptions. Since she is athletic and needs to exercise often if she plans on going to the moon, she needs a workout room, so there is one complete with a full wall mirror to check her form, a treadmill, a yoga mat, and a stereo to keep the tunes going so she stays motivated during her tough workouts. This room could easily be converted to a baby room if she ends up meeting that special someone later on down the road :) Her master bedroom reflects her Indian heritage, with bold colors and prints, and soft lighting and candles for when she's in the meditative mood. The deck out back takes advantage of the great views of Sunset Valley.

Credit to any simmers for custom content you used: None
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    The results for Summer Designer Showdown: Intermediate are here.
  • Options
    TamlynTamlyn Posts: 295 Member
    edited August 2011
    I was going to attempt this one but time just run away from me. It would have been another house for Novak though - I even went so far as to pull up his wiki page to see if I could get a better idea of his real-world tastes. Other people made lovely houses for him though; he won't notice the lack from me :)
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited August 2011
    New challenge has been posted! Sorry for the delay, here it is: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/373316.page#5280564
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    ZYIsSimsZYIsSims Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited August 2011
    My grandmother and I are home now, she is doing better but her new meds make her sleep alot. Thankyou guys for all the well wishes. :) Her neurologist said this is the beginning of her end to keep a close eye on her. They ordered her a hospital bed so, now I have it here beside my laptop atleast I can play sims more now lol. Looking forward to this challenge sorry I missed the last one. I had my house half built when they made me turn off my laptop said it was interfering with her monitors (glad I don't have that kind at home lol)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    ZYIsSims wrote:
    My grandmother and I are home now, she is doing better but her new meds make her sleep alot. Thankyou guys for all the well wishes. :) Her neurologist said this is the beginning of her end to keep a close eye on her. They ordered her a hospital bed so, now I have it here beside my laptop atleast I can play sims more now lol. Looking forward to this challenge sorry I missed the last one. I had my house half built when they made me turn off my laptop said it was interfering with her monitors (glad I don't have that kind at home lol)

I'm glad that you and your grandmother are back home again! It still sounds like a tough situation, though. Simming is a wondeful distraction! Best wishes to you both.
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited August 2011
    ZYIsSims wrote:

Wow, ZYIsSims, you are going through a lot right now. I am glad though, that your gramdmother is back at home and not in the hospital. Take care of yourself as you take care of her. It is very easy for caregivers to forget about what they need. Big hug, Brennachan
  • Options
    TsunamiGirlTsunamiGirl Posts: 995 Member
    edited August 2011
    The wedding arches came with Generations, right? The reason I ask is because my mom was interested in participating but she doesn't have Generations. Of course I could let her do her house then I could transfer it to my PC and put one in there and upload it on her account but that seems tedious. Just wondering if she can still participate without the arch? Or I could just do the above.

She can't build one in my game since my PC is in the basement and the stairs are kinda hard for her. :wink:
  • Options
    mgolden27mgolden27 Posts: 369 New Member
    edited August 2011
    The wedding arches came with Generations, right? The reason I ask is because my mom was interested in participating but she doesn't have Generations. Of course I could let her do her house then I could transfer it to my PC and put one in there and upload it on her account but that seems tedious. Just wondering if she can still participate without the arch? Or I could just do the above.

She can't build one in my game since my PC is in the basement and the stairs are kinda hard for her. :wink:

I think it would be fine without the arch, since you can have a wedding party still. Just have a area that's clearly for a ceremony. :) Good luck!
  • Options
    edited August 2011

I was thinking you could still build a wedding arch with walls or columns and a roof of some kind.
  • Options
    KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited August 2011
    I hope I have time for this one before school starts again :)
  • Options
    KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited August 2011
    ZYIsSims wrote:

Glad to hear your grandmother is doing better, ZY. I'm sure she's comforted that she's home and that you're looking after her. I hope you can find time to participate in this one, but family comes first, of course :)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Scoiattolo wrote:
    I'm glad that you and your grandmother are back home again! It still sounds like a tough situation, though. Simming is a wondeful distraction! Best wishes to you both.
    Brennachan wrote:
    Wow, ZYIsSims, you are going through a lot right now. I am glad though, that your gramdmother is back at home and not in the hospital. Take care of yourself as you take care of her. It is very easy for caregivers to forget about what they need. Big hug, Brennachan
    Glad to hear your grandmother is doing better, ZYI. I'm sure she's comforted that she's home and that you're looking after her. I hope you can find time to participate in this one, but family comes first, of course :)
    Aww thanks guys I'm glad she's home now too. She's doing great I think the seizure meds are really working.

I've actually finished my entry Kat and I was thinking about making a second one just for fun I had 4 different ideas for this challenge. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I'm almost finished with my entry and my internet is finally back up! So I can't wait for the 17th! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Beginner results have been posted for Back to Basics! Sorry for the delay.
  • Options
    mj1976mj1976 Posts: 234 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Official Entry
    for bns 110-111
    mryjn1976

intermediate

link to lot:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4448419

link to media:
    http://s738.photobucket.com/albums/xx27/mryjn1976/bns wedding park/

*hopefully the images are big enough for judging as the launcher is still acting insane

custom content:
    none

built in sunset valley under the price limit of 69,000
    a community park accommodating weddings easily with a buffet and dance area, playground, and restrooms
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    New challenge has been posted! Sorry for the delay, here it is: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/373316.page#5280564

it really wasnt much of a delay i was just overeager lol
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    ack forgot the playground....back to the reduction :(

Edit:
    hmmmmm...........where to put one!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Official Entry

Name: ZYIsSims

Link to Lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4463388

Link to Media: http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/silviaBroome/Waterview Hills BnS 110-111/?albumview=slideshow

Level: Advanced

Lot Size, Address & Final Cost: 64x64, spot where science center was,

Lot Description & Details: This is a beautiful outdoor venue, where you are surrounded by beautiful flowers. There is a Patio for dining, with the bathrooms attached. Then just down the path there is a very nice Raised platform with a covered stage. A little ways down the path there is a small playground to entertain the children. Just past that there is a small hill that leads to a Bridal changing room. Further down the path there is a patio set up for the perfect ceremony. If you continue on you can climb the stairs to a bench that is in a cave behind the waterfall. Each area for the wedding has a wonderful view of the waterfall.

Constructive Criticism: Always

Credit To Simmers For Custom Content Used: No CC

• Options
    edited August 2011
    zyisims THAT IS AMAZING! 8)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    aww I'm glad you liked it!
  • Options
    LandaXLandaX Posts: 229 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Official Entry

Name: LandaX

Link to Lot: Coming

Link to Media: http://www.flickr.com/photos/66532534@N08/sets/72157627325990545/show/

Level: Intermediate

Lot Size, Address & Final Cost: (forget), Summer Hill Springs (at the top of the hill with the mansions), $68,903

Lot Description & Details: This lot is perfect for either a big party or an intimate wedding ceremony. The lot is split up into 4 parts: the main building, the dining room, the dance floor and the ceremony area.

The main building houses the bathrooms. It also has a room for the bride and a room for the groom, where they can work out their nerves and make sure their clothes are perfect.

The ceremony area is the perfect spot. A wedding arch and plenty of seating allow for a beautiful place for our lovers to tie the knot. Lots of landscaping make this the perfect backdrop to a wonderful new beginning.

The dining room has plenty of seating, plus a table of honor for the bride, groom and their family. It's complete with a buffet table as well as a bar. Champagne is provided for toasting and celebrating. It's also a covered area while allowing in the sunlight.

The dance floor has a stage where live music is played. While the bride and groom have their first dance, the kids can play in the corner where toys and entertainment are provided. There is also seating for when your dancing feet get sore!

There are also 2 ponds on the property as well as a large fountain in the center of the lot. I think this would be a wonderful lot to host the perfect summer wedding.

Constructive Criticism: Yes please!

Credit To Simmers For Custom Content Used: Store items and Expansion packs
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ZorraaZorraa Posts: 34 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Official Entry

Name: Zorraa

Link to Lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4485108

Link to Media: http://wp.me/p1JCT8-14

Level: Beginner?

Lot Size, Address & Final Cost:40 x 30, built at 180 Redwood Parkway; Final Cost $40,177

Lot Description & Details: This lot has beautiful landscaping, an outdoor wedding area, indoor reception and dining, and tot-lot for the kids.

The bistro dining area has two buffet tables, ample seating, mens' and womens' bathrooms, dance floor and stereo. The outdoor gardens features a pond and bridge, romantic landscaping and lighting, and a beautiful wedding arch.

Child attendees to any function at this venue will appreciate the tot-lot, which includes tree house, slide and see-saw.

Constructive Criticism: Yes, please!

Credit To Simmers For Custom Content Used: Store items and Expansion packs

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top