Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Information & Concept Art

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,443 Member
    edited July 2011
    true that the Sims 4 has been a registered domain, but that does not guarantee that the game will be made, they may cease production on it. also, there is a registered domain by EA up to The Sims 10, this does not mean that there will be 7 more major Sims base games they are just covering their bases so that IF they want the domain they have it.

Yup, that's exactly it. EA is just registering it as a defensive maneuver, because there are so many jerks out there who would not only try to steal the domain, but put up a fake Sims 4 site as a hoax. Trust me- anyone who's had a website knows what I mean. When you register a website and it becomes well known/ popular, people immediately try to capitalize on it. One year I had a particularly bad experience where someone saw one of my websites and immediately registered five domains using every variation on the spelling so there was no chance in hell of me being able to register a TLD without purchasing it from him. If a nobody like me who has no money can become a target, imagine a company like EA that has deep pockets!
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    CHEESEMONKEYSROOLCHEESEMONKEYSROOL Posts: 462 Member
    edited July 2011
    Don't expect a Sims 4 anytime soon.
  • Options
    gizmo86v6gizmo86v6 Posts: 249
    edited July 2011
    If graphics requirements for Sims 3 are high, imagine what Sims 4's requirements will be. :shock:
    TS3 is one of the least demanding games, believe me. :wink: Its requirements seem to be high for people who buy low-end computers never intended for gaming ...

I'm quite sure that the Radeon 6970 and GeForce 580 (low mid-range in 2014) would run TS4 at 50-60 fps at full HD and top settings.

Ontopic: if those two pictures are anywhere close to real TS4, I'm happy. I don't see any hexagonal objects - tesselation FTW ^^ :thumbup:
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited July 2011
    Those pictures are just an April Fool's joke. And a rather old one, I might add.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    gizmo86v6gizmo86v6 Posts: 249
    edited July 2011
    ignorance is bliss :D

(Yes, I believe it's fake - I'm quite sure that TS4 is far (progress-wise) from being able to draw that kind of "screenshots" - but it's a nice demo of what kind of graphics quality I'd like to see in the final product.)
  • Options
    MBernishMBernish Posts: 2,122 New Member
    edited July 2011
    It would make my computer explode into a million pieces lol
  • Options
    CaseyKittyCaseyKitty Posts: 66 Member
    edited August 2011
  • Options
    HeartfangHeartfang Posts: 582 New Member
    edited August 2011
    ^ I didn't even notice that. :lol:
  • Options
    jamirflydjamirflyd Posts: 40
    edited August 2011
    Sims 4 probably will and should happen. It's a great series that could go on until it doesn't want to. And better graphics? YES PLEASE!!! The more realistic the better, this is a "Life" simulation game after all lol!!! :D Now if they would just make it Teen Plus lol I could get my Teen/Young Adult couples!!! :mrgreen:
    And to actually have a town or city that ages and changes would blow my mind!!! 1800's, 1900's, 2000's, 3000's!!!! YEASSSS LOL!!!
  • Options
    neekzneekz Posts: 9
    edited August 2011
    There will be a Sims 4. If you go on youtube they confirm there will be a sims 4 and that they are still deciding what the games features will be. I think the sims 4 will be out in 2014 sometime but i could be wrong. I just hope there will be a sims 4 because the new features will be awesome. :)
  • Options
    omfgerbearomfgerbear Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    "Sauce"? I think you mean "source".

Methinks you're new to the internet.
  • Options
    SandrineDSandrineD Posts: 149
    edited August 2011
    Just my thoughts...

Barring the end of the world or government intervention to ban this type of game [don't laugh, its not as hard to imagine as you think] there will be a sims 4.

You can be almost absolutely positively sure it will be a few years away at least. Therefore, most of what we say now will be forgotten even by ourselves by the time it comes out.

They will probably still be keeping rabbit holes :(
  • Options
    karalovessimskaralovessims Posts: 217
    edited August 2011
    I'm all for a Sims 4. :D
  • Options
    karalovessimskaralovessims Posts: 217
    edited August 2011
    would make my computer explode into a million pieces lol

true dat.

But by the time it comes out we'll probably have super high tech computers. :wink:
  • Options
    dhanreydhanrey Posts: 115
    edited August 2011
    Whether we like it or not, in the future there's gonna be a Sims4 or something that is its equivalent. Maybe a Virtual Reality Sims World, why not?!
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    edited July 2012
    Im sure that EA will make a sims 4 the franchise is epic and has millions of fans. i recon they will take the sims in a whole new direction tho. like a name change and a more in depth and advanced game engine. possible online gameplay too seeing as how much better internet bandwidth is now compared to the days of sims online plus most games now days have online features and they have now introduced that to the sims 3 (a little).