Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    BUNNYBOBOFUKBUNNYBOBOFUK Posts: 314 New Member
    edited July 2011
    not the whole chimney just the out side back bit
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited July 2011
    Question

Okay, I have another question based on we can add structural elements for landscaping purposes, such as a greenhouse, gazebo, but they cannot be attached to the main house.

Does this mean I can add a guest house or even a guest house and bathroom as long as it does not attach to the house? I am thinking that I cannot, but I wanted to verify it.

This is proving way more difficult than I thought. :? I really am a control freak and this challenge is making me have to take a step back and work with what I've got!

Cheese and rice!
  • Options
    lLunaaquilolLunaaquilo Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Brennachan wrote:
    Question

Okay, I have another question based on we can add structural elements for landscaping purposes, such as a greenhouse, gazebo, but they cannot be attached to the main house.

Does this mean I can add a guest house or even a guest house and bathroom as long as it does not attach to the house? I am thinking that I cannot, but I wanted to verify it.

This is proving way more difficult than I thought. :? I really am a control freak and this challenge is making me have to take a step back and work with what I've got!

Cheese and rice!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that since the rules state that the house is to be on a 30x30 sized lot, you're not gonna really have enough room for a guest anything. I'm having the same challenge with this my self. The whole 4 bedroom, three bath is a real issue with my design, but I think I found a sneaky little way around it I'm not quite ready to share yet. Any way good luck, can't wait to see your design!
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited July 2011
    bunny: Yeah, all parts of the fireplace can't be removed. It's been an issue many times in the past, and since I feel it is important to remain consistent about it so there's no confusion, I am going to have to stick to it.

Brennachan: The point of the challenge isn't to build, so adding living space, even if detached, would veer from the purpose. Some people really like the landscaping aspect of the challenge, so it's why some structural elements are allowed to add to the landscaping. Also, like Luna said, since it is on a 30x30 lot, I don't think there is even enough room to add a guest house.

ILunaaquilo: I hope you are having fun with this challenge, despite some of the challenges! And, yes, this challenge was inspired by watching Design Star! Hee! ;)

Can't wait to see what you all do with the space!

Great entry, ZYI! It is so quaint!

• Options
    TamlynTamlyn Posts: 295 Member
    edited July 2011
    Is everyone missing a corner piece of the floor upstairs over the CFE'd part of the garage or is it just me? >>
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Tamlyn wrote:
    Is everyone missing a corner piece of the floor upstairs over the CFE'd part of the garage or is it just me? >>

Yes I am missing that corner piece too.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Anjubee wrote:
    Brennachan: The point of the challenge isn't to build, so adding living space, even if detached, would veer from the purpose. Some people really like the landscaping aspect of the challenge, so it's why some structural elements are allowed to add to the landscaping. Also, like Luna said, since it is on a 30x30 lot, I don't think there is even enough room to add a guest house.

Thank you Anjubee for clarifying.
  • Options
    ZYIsSimsZYIsSims Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited July 2011
    yep that piece was missing for me as well, i covered it up with a rug. I has to do with the way the garage was made I believe.
  • Options
    AquacattAquacatt Posts: 223 Member
    edited July 2011
    Tamlyn wrote:

I actually just logged in to ask that same thing. Like someone else said, I put a rug over it (at least for now). :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    why put a rug over it when you can just add a tile
  • Options
    KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited July 2011

You can't put a tile there without going into CFE false and re-leveling both floors. It can be done, but it's not easy if you're not used to working with CFE false on. Putting a rug there is a good solution for beginners :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011

You can't put a tile there without going into CFE false and re-leveling both floors. It can be done, but it's not easy if you're not used to working with CFE false on. Putting a rug there is a good solution for beginners :)

I don't even know what that means! :)
  • Options
    AquacattAquacatt Posts: 223 Member
    edited July 2011

I tried CFE to no avail. It still wouldn't let me put a tile there. I even deleted some walls, but got worried that I'd mess up the windows or roof or something. :P

If it was my own creation, I'd fiddle with it until it worked.

Edit: The Sim Construction gods are whimsical today. For kicks I thought I'd try to replace the tile, and it worked right away without having to relevel anything. Go figure. Wonder if it's because I have furniture in the room now? Whatever. LOL!!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ZYIsSimsZYIsSims Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited July 2011
    I did lvl out the floors but it didn't seam to fix the problem. I believe by moving the slanted wall to the other end the problem would have went away. But since this challenge isn't about messing with the stuff that was already there I just covered it up. I stared at that house for hours before I came up with a plan, lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    just clone the tile and pop there you go no need to use cheats only moveobjects on witch i always use to make houses look more realistic but can be a pain when sims cant move
  • Options
    AnartisticaAnartistica Posts: 277 New Member
    edited July 2011
    just clone the tile and pop there you go no need to use cheats only moveobjects on witch i always use to make houses look more realistic but can be a pain when sims cant move

I use moveobjects alot too, but it doesn't have any effect on floor tiles or wall paint. Of course we all have tried to put a tile there, but it just won't go! :D Good for you if you've managed to get it there :mrgreen:
  • Options
    KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited July 2011
    Advanced Results for 1776 Diner are up on Winner's Circle :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    well thats weird i can put a tile there hmmmm nearly finished my entry :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2011

OFFICIAL ENTRY

NAME: BUNNYBOBOFUK.

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae271/bunnybobofuk/Nautical Bay Home/?albumview=slideshow

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST:30x30,

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Nautical Bay Home was themed by the seaside if you like blue you will love this one.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:Some put mostly packed stuff.
  • Options
    SerithReiSerithRei Posts: 271 New Member
    edited July 2011
    OFFICIAL ENTRY

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae271/bunnybobofuk/Nautical Bay Home/?albumview=slideshow

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Nautical Bay Home was themed by the seaside if you like blue you will love this one.

Love, love, love this! :D
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited July 2011
    OFFICIAL ENTRY

Do you want constructive criticism from the judges? (You didn't indicate either way in your entry form.)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    ohhh sorry yeah its fine
  • Options
    katnicokatnico Posts: 15 New Member
    edited July 2011

I use moveobjects alot too, but it doesn't have any effect on floor tiles or wall paint. Of course we all have tried to put a tile there, but it just won't go! :D Good for you if you've managed to get it there :mrgreen:

I used cfe and put a column down and I was able to add the floor tile, then I just deleted the column. I did have to level again, but at least the hole is gone. Hope this will work for you too. :-)
  • Options
    AnartisticaAnartistica Posts: 277 New Member
    edited July 2011
    katnico wrote:

I used cfe and put a column down and I was able to add the floor tile, then I just deleted the column. I did have to level again, but at least the hole is gone. Hope this will work for you too. :-)

Thanks for the tip! I will try this. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    TfbobTfbob Posts: 747 Member
    edited July 2011
    Here is a simple solution to correct the tile problem on the second floor:

5945729568_4fd7ecf210_z.jpg

Now click the undo button, which will put the foundation square back. Then use the "moveobjects on" cheat to place the column back in position. DO NOT use the undo button to put the column back as it will recreate the problem. You can now place a tile in the empty space on the second floor. Also, DO NOT use the CFE cheat to do this. It will mess up the walls if you do. An explanation: When you use the CFE cheat, as was used here to create the garage, there can be a stray piece that gets left in the air that interferes with building above it. This procedure gets rid of that stray piece that was preventing the tile from being placed. I hope that this was helpful. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top