Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who esle completely decorates there SIMS house before moving them in

Am I the only one who spends a ton of time decorating your SIMS home before you move them in so once you start playing them you don't have to worry about it.

Comments

• Options
    Miax0Miax0 Posts: 15,840 Member
    edited July 2011
    not me . i usually use houses already in town . i suck at building and such , i probably just don't put enough time into it .
  • Options
    3332889033328890 Posts: 304 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I move them in, and THEN i decorate the whole house(that I made from scratch of course).
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited July 2011
    I usually decorate my houses before I move my sims in, it is matter of fact I am doing one right now. When I start a new game I usually make a new house then decorate it. This time I lost everything in my game because of generations problems, so I just decided to use an existing house.
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited July 2011
    I move my sims onto an empty lot, then build the house and decorate it. All while they're standing there next to the mail box. :)

And yeah, I normally want to get it just right before I go into live mode and let them see it.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    mzquietonemzquietone Posts: 63
    edited July 2011
    Miax0 wrote:
    not me . i usually use houses already in town . i suck at building and such , i probably just don't put enough time into it .

Same with me. I just look for a house that's suitable for my family and move them in. If I don't like anything, I just sell it. I'm too impatient to build houses for all my families.
  • Options
    goofhead1goofhead1 Posts: 7,282 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I build the house maybe throw some statues and plants here and there but I let them decorate it with paintings and photos.That they did
  • Options
    Jw62901Jw62901 Posts: 389 Member
    edited July 2011
    KATENESS wrote:
    I move my sims onto an empty lot, then build the house and decorate it. All while they're standing there next to the mail box. :)

And yeah, I normally want to get it just right before I go into live mode and let them see it.

Same with me however I can't build a house to same my life, so I use the exchange for that. There are some really talented people on here and I want the house to be perfect before I move them in.
  • Options
    BrandonFaceCakesBrandonFaceCakes Posts: 154 Member
    edited July 2011
    I do. Usually I find a house within a decent price range, and then decorate it, and it always ends up costing a lot more, haha. I've run into the situation where I'll spend hours on a house that I'm going to move my Sims into, but then by time I'm ready to move them in, another family has already moved in. >_> Then I have to go and move them out.
  • Options
    KryKrystelleKryKrystelle Posts: 8
    edited July 2011
    Usually, I move my Sims on a land before I create the house and decorate it, because I want to know what is my budget after I bought the land, so I don't spend too much for what can afford my Sims. :)
  • Options
    Only1whtrbbtOnly1whtrbbt Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited July 2011
    I give them basic furniture and have them work towards the finer things in life, and if they're a family I'll have them hang their kids art up. I get bored REALLY easily so if everythings done when I move my Sims into a house then I usually have them move somewhere else after a week!

My favourite thing to do is buy a crap cheap house in an awesome location (like the barn/burnt house on top of the hill above the stadium in Twinbrook)and have them slowly renovate when they can afford too. They usually end up with amazing houses that they've worked for.

Its just more satisfying for me that way!
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    edited July 2011
    My favourite thing to do is buy a crap cheap house in an awesome location (like the barn/burnt house on top of the hill above the stadium in Twinbrook)and have them slowly renovate when they can afford too. They usually end up with amazing houses that they've worked for.

Its just more satisfying for me that way!

I like that notion. I may have to try that with my next homeless Sim. Find a lovely lot with next to nothing & build up his/her future by playing for tips :wink:
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited July 2011
    Jw62901 wrote:
    Am I the only one who spends a ton of time decorating your SIMS home before you move them in so once you start playing them you don't have to worry about it.

I do! I hate for my sims to waste money on crapy items that are going to leave them with bad moodlets. I would rather start with only a bed, shower and toilet, and live off of cereal from the snackbar at the gym. I also like to use my sim's favorite color in their home, so I usually change the patterns on the walls, carpets, and even the outside of the house.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,558 Member
    edited July 2011
    Lol, I don't just decorate my sims home - I do the whole hood!

I have a saved copy of SV which is completely done out to my liking with every single home hand-built by me or downloaded and edited to my taste.

Then I move my sims into a home which I think will suit them (if they can afford it!)
  • Options
    angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited July 2011
    I suck at building houses so I use the pre made ones and decorate it how I like after my sims move in.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,540 Member
    edited July 2011
    I have to since I build them to be uploaded.
    I don't take it as far as paintings on the walls and excessive clutter objects. I just decorate enough to be functional.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited July 2011
    I made a beautiful house from scratch and completely decorated it and then after 3 days work my pc got stolen before I could even play in my house lol

But I UASULLY FIRST DECORATE HOUSES THEN MOVE MY SIMS IN
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    SoEasyBeinIzzySoEasyBeinIzzy Posts: 1,384
    edited July 2011
    I attempted to recreate my home I'm living in in real life right now, but I suck at building houses. I love love love love to redecorate houses so I either do it when the move in, or before.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    edited July 2011
    One thing I do when I do choose to move my Sim into a pre made house (game version) is re vamp the wall papers & such.

idk wth EA is smoking sometimes when they choose some loud colors. It's like walking into a box that trolls spit up on sometimes :lol::lol: Scary stuff.

I try not to use tons of downloads but the ones I have, like CKs and a few others it helps tons. I am NOT a good home creator. But I do love to try. I can spend hours on building a home from scratch, and have it end up looking terrible. LOL But it kills the time, that is for sure :lol::lol::lol:
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited July 2011
    . I can spend hours on building a home from scratch, and have it end up looking terrible. LOL But it kills the time, that is for sure :lol::lol::lol:
    That happens a lot to me
  • Options
    cynjulmarcynjulmar Posts: 201 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I LOVE to decorate! If I build a new house I totally decorate it before I move anyone in. I like to go into pre-made houses and redecorate. If I move a family into a pre-made house I will completely redecorate after I move them in. I like to play families on empty lots and build their houses as they can afford it. If I move a family into a "done" house it is probably a family I don't really play. I really get into the decorating tool. Way. Too. Much. Fun.
  • Options
    HapseyHapsey Posts: 3
    edited July 2011
    I usually try to find a nice and decent enough house within the town that their in but, sometimes I fall completely out of luck and having to go for an empty lot. I try to do a cheap job of a house, but I can't help going all out. Once I'm done the house is fully furnished and filled with all sorts of amazing things!
  • Options
    HolzibellHolzibell Posts: 1,092
    edited July 2011
    I never make houses, I'm so bad at it. I usually move them into premade houses, decorate them or leave them as they are if the decoration is not too bad :D I'm constantly buying new things all the time anyway so the house is always changing. :D
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 643 Member
    edited July 2011
    I admit...I am guilty of this :D

I like to get my family started with well, family life. Besides, I am actually more fond of building and decorating than I am playing it seems.
  • Options
    shay480shay480 Posts: 880 Member
    edited July 2011

I love to build! But my houses are always too big and too full. Everyone has twins or triplets in my game. (They all have the fertility reward).

Right now I'm renovating a house I found in the bin so my triplet sisters can have a decent place and their parents can downsize the mansion I went overboard on this weekend.

:lol:

"I'm hungry! Bring me a neighbor!"
    b9b8f6e8.jpg
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited July 2011
    I do. I completely furnish the house, then use the free real estate cheat, so they get their house & their stuff for free. And anything they don't like or use, I sell and they have more money.
    Gallery ID: LDM2