Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is Late Night so poor in comparison to Sims 1 Superstar?

Comments

• Options
    CobyCoby Posts: 1,725 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Just to be an a$4hole and grammatically correct, you dont start a sentence with "and". Moving on now, i never made mention that you werent entitled to an opinion. I too have had my beef with EA and their customer service. Sequencially, yes TS3 is a "sequel" , but there isnt a non-mathematical way to come up with any number that should denote "past". Ok, name one game that has LOADS of content and is absolutely super freaking amazing that we all have to kill to have it? Oh thats right...there isnt one, because it would be your BIAS and your
    OPINION. I never said if i was or was not please with LN, i reserve the right to not state my opinion(s).Please dont pull the "age" card, i my not be in my thirties, forties, fifties, etc but i certainly am no teen or preteen either. Also a simmer is a simmer regardless of age, being "young" or "old" has nothing to do with it. Hmm nothing has changed with each EP you say. Thats interesting considering the ability to travel, go on quest, and raid tombs came with WA. The ability to further sims careers, own/customize venues, and laundry came with AMB. The ability to go clubbing, become a vampire/celeb, and modify certain assests came with LN. Nooo EP's havent changed the base game at all. I shall say what many simmers have said, LN was NOT meant to be a copy of Superstar! There's nothing wrong with expressing your disdan, but stop expecting every single game from the sims 3 series to be like a previous one.

Okay I admit that did make me laugh, you can correct my sentence, as I don't really care when typing fast. Anyway when I said nothing has changed with each EP, I was talking in terms of content. We only get what the theme of the EP is, where is the extra stuff that most other past EP's (Sims 1 & 2) have managed to add that just made the game more fun (Even when it didn't have much to do with the EP), that's all I'm saying. It seems like were getting less of an EP for more $$$, and that is what I'm really not happy about. Also I said it myself in my first post in this thread, I'm not asking for a carbon copy of Superstar or any EP for that matter. Just more bang for my buck so to speak. Superstar was not one of my favorite EP's, that would be Makin Magic.

Also, please for the love of god, I'm not that old, I just meant I have been an old time Maxis/EA gamer all the way back to the original SimCity. :lol:
  • Options
    OlomayaOlomaya Posts: 575 New Member
    edited January 2011
    This argument was flawed from the second you wrote the subject. That's like asking why are apples less apple-y than oranges. :roll:
  • Options
    michelle103michelle103 Posts: 69 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Title says it all really, but looking at it in more depth:

1)Late Night has introduced bands but still no voice as an instrument, yet back in superstar you could sing on a stage and record your own songs. Surely this would be easy to bring back?

2) Superstar had massages, as did Sims 2 Bon Voyage, yet not yet in Sims 3. Surely this could be implemented at least as well as tattoos have been?

3) Superstar had more celebrity options; Acting where you actually saw your sims actually acting out the scenes, Music as stated above, and Modelling which isn't even in Late Night for some reason.

And finally just way cooler items such as skydiving, mudbaths, underwater diving and more besides.

Why can't EA put features into the expansions that were present over 7 years ago?

The Sims Superstar was one of the only TS1 expansion packs that I owned, and I LOVED it. I always get urges to play it (and TS2) again, like when you go-back-to-somewhere-you-grew-up kind of feeling. I totally miss all the fun items and singing, and modeling especially! But I dont have a computer I can play it on, so I would be really awesome if they did like a "Flashback" stuff pack with items from TS1 & TS2, and I think a lot of people would love it!
  • Options
    riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited January 2011
    ccgirl97 wrote:
    I have played Sims 1, Sims 2, And Sims 3 and honestly, Sims 3 is the best in my opinion. Am I the only one that believes this?

No, personally I like The Sims 3 better too and I've played The Sims 1, 2 and obviously 3 also. It just suits the way I like to play these days, The Sims 1 was great for that time and same with The Sims 2 but right now The Sims 3 is the one I'm playing.
    Ditto. Actually, I never had sims 2, but it's still the same idea here. I think, even when it comes to content, Sims 3 beats sims 1. I feel there is just as much of a "sandbox" feeling to the game, if not more, with TS3 than TS1.
  • Options
    ClisairClisair Posts: 33 Member
    edited January 2011
    sneakysim wrote:
    No, now that the Sims 1 is older and fully patched it doesn't have any glitches. The Sims 3 is sill new and still buggy.

Back in the day you would buy a game and not have to p-atch it the day it came out. They actually tested games and had them tested before they were put on the shelf. Now if it is barely beta quality they sell it and just say they will patch it later.

I would rather have a finished game then wait for a patch to play it or a fan mod to fix something that should have already been fixed in the first place.
  • Options
    Penny848Penny848 Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited January 2011
    lets let this thread die...
  • Options
    riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Penny848 wrote:
    lets let this thread die...
    Yet you just bumped it when it was dead? :?
  • Options
    EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    edited January 2011
    When Maxis owned The Sims, they actually cared about the players, and The Sims was a big part of their company. There are so may other games in EA that Sims are just a tiny part of their huge empire.
    If everyone who plays The Sims got fed up and stop buying games, EA wouldn't care We'd hardly make a tiny dent in their profits.
  • Options
    PrincessTrixiePrincessTrixie Posts: 24
    edited January 2011
    Guys please! Okay Superstar is cool but you have realise that EA crammed alot into LN and that's probably why everythings so slow when we play it so imagine they crammed even more how slow it would be. Here's some points to remember:
    Brideport is 3x bigger than twinbrook
    there are five new deceased sims
    29 new npc sims
    36 new homeless sims
    and 30 new households
    that's 133 new sims!
    now the sims alone are a lot of work! So if EA had added everything we wanted I don't think the game would even work!
  • Options
    schmezzleschmezzle Posts: 1,616 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I never had any of the e.p.s for sims 1. so i don't know if it's better or not.
    But what I will say is that EA made a MASSIVE fail when they didn't include a microphone with late night.
    I mean... A band with no singer. Just Fail EA. Honestly.
  • Options
    BeechwellBeechwell Posts: 292 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Earcat wrote:
    When Maxis owned The Sims, they actually cared about the players, and The Sims was a big part of their company. There are so may other games in EA that Sims are just a tiny part of their huge empire.
    If everyone who plays The Sims got fed up and stop buying games, EA wouldn't care We'd hardly make a tiny dent in their profits.
    I doubt that. The Sims is a huge franchise, possibly the biggest of EA's, and the financially troubled EA couldn't afford to lose it.
    Rather they can afford the lazy development because they know we'll buy their games anyway. Sure, we may moan about them afterwards but as long as we pay the money why would EA care?

@Topic: Superstar only allowed your Sim to perform three music "clips" in a certain object on the studio lot. No playing instruments, forming bands or playing gigs in clubs. Same for the acting and modeling branch.
    Late Night may suffer from bugs or bad design, but you can't fault it for lack of content.
  • Options
    Penny848Penny848 Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited January 2011

Ok its because superstar was mainly about being a well superstar. Late Night is all aboutdoing things when it is dark like the clubs. Being a celebrity is only an aspect to make it a tad more interesting they didnt want that to be the main thing they wanted the clubs and that to be!
  • Options
    MckenzieMemberMckenzieMember Posts: 1,231 Member
    edited January 2011
    Rud3 wrote:
    They seem to be doing this on all the expansions,it don't have the same feel like the sims 1 had,then again we have different game makers,i wish maxis stuck around

My sentiments exactly.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited January 2011
    It's simple: Superstar was its own Expansion Pack, Late Night tried to cram a lot of Expansion Pack features together into one.

I really hope EA doesn't do that for ones like Seasons. Although I guess I'm worrying just a bit too much considering it's better for profit if they release it alone.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    billiealishafoxbilliealishafox Posts: 189
    edited January 2011
    Well, your statement is 1% wrong.
  • Options
    jkwi19jkwi19 Posts: 86 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Why can't EA put features into the expansions that were present over 7 years ago?

I really hesitated before posting on this one, but I just had my coffee and I'm ready to go. :wink:

Fad: Sometimes called a trend, meme or a craze, is any form of behavior that develops among a large population and is collectively followed with enthusiasm for some period, generally as a result of the behavior's being perceived as novel in some way.

The Sims franchise is argumentatively a fad. A fad with millions of followers.
    If EA produced expansion packs for every series of the Sims that were blatantly identical to their predecessors they would lose a large margin of their target demographic: players who have been playing the Sims since the beginning.

They would bore easily with the game and possibly stop buying it down the line.
    Multi billion dollar companies don't want to lose any sort of profit. Who does?

Its simple logic as to why we don't see more "past features" in new expansions and games. Its bad for business.

• Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited January 2011
    Did superstar have vampires (NO)
    Did Superstar have appartments (NO)
    Did Superstar actually have nightclubs (NO)
    Did Superstar have Musical instruments (NO)

They are two very different Ep's
    Whilst i also think the TS3 Ep's give us a lot less objects and animations as they seem to concentrate more on new neighbourhoods to compare the two is totally unfair as they are both completely different
  • Options
    knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited January 2011
    I never played TS1 or TS2 so I can't compare them. But I would have liked LN better if they had added activities besides going to clubs/lounges. Like playing pool or going bowling. Not everybody likes barhopping and I think activities like those would have been alot of fun. Also, a restaurant or pizza joint that isn't a rabbit hole would have been awesome too. Being able to be a singer either with the band or as a career would have been great as well. And I like the modeling as a career idea too.
  • Options
    Nicksim96Nicksim96 Posts: 196 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Clisair wrote:
    sneakysim wrote:
    No, now that the Sims 1 is older and fully patched it doesn't have any glitches. The Sims 3 is sill new and still buggy.

Back in the day you would buy a game and not have to p-atch it the day it came out. They actually tested games and had them tested before they were put on the shelf. Now if it is barely beta quality they sell it and just say they will patch it later.

I would rather have a finished game then wait for a patch to play it or a fan mod to fix something that should have already been fixed in the first place.

I second this.... I never HAD to patch TS1 because it was 99% bug free to start with! I really think this topic is stupid. Some troll had to come along and disagree with the OP just to cause another forum argument even though they had no reliable evidence to begin with. If you like sims 3 LN, good for you, I like it too... But there are some things Sims 1 Superstar had that could've been implemented in LN the way waterslides were implemented into Seasons, a town into Unleashed, and cars into Nightlife....more of a suprise addition because Maxis cared about the players than an advertised addition. Again, I like NL and I play Sims 3, 2, and even 1 occasionally, so I can look at this with a neutral argument point. If you don't agree with the OP just ignore it. If you agree with the OP then post your opinion so EA knows what we want. No need to get bitter about it...sheesh.
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited January 2011

Its not....

This is not Sims 1 SuperStar....this is however Sims 3 LateNight....!!!
  • Options
    Nicksim96Nicksim96 Posts: 196 New Member
    edited January 2011
    jkwi19 wrote:

I really hesitated before posting on this one, but I just had my coffee and I'm ready to go. :wink:

Fad: Sometimes called a trend, meme or a craze, is any form of behavior that develops among a large population and is collectively followed with enthusiasm for some period, generally as a result of the behavior's being perceived as novel in some way.

The Sims franchise is argumentatively a fad. A fad with millions of followers.
    If EA produced expansion packs for every series of the Sims that were blatantly identical to their predecessors they would lose a large margin of their target demographic: players who have been playing the Sims since the beginning.

They would bore easily with the game and possibly stop buying it down the line.
    Multi billion dollar companies don't want to lose any sort of profit. Who does?

Its simple logic as to why we don't see more "past features" in new expansions and games. Its bad for business.

I think you're backwards on something. It's the old players that want to see the older features. But it's more than that. Old players want to see old features with new features added, so there is absolutly NO reason to play the older versions for anything but nostalgia. Just to clarify in a less angry, confused sounding tone. (now here's something I am angry about... Anyone else having a problem with the scroller going crazy as you try to type?)
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited January 2011

Its not....

This is not Sims 1 SuperStar....this is however Sims 3 Late Night....!!!
  • Options
    CrazyPlumbob915CrazyPlumbob915 Posts: 4,035 Member
    edited January 2011
    alexandrea wrote:
    :shock:

I have never played any of TS1 games--but to me, this is so biased it's ridiculous.

You may not be able to record songs or have massages, but you can go to clubs, become a vampire, scour the town for celebrities and befriend them, flee from the paparazzi, skinny dip with your lover, admire the view from the tops of the skyscrapers, and much MUCH more!

And you CAN perform on stages or anywhere else for that matter.

These kinds of things KILL me because you can be so narrow minded about a game. Because you didn't get the few things you WANTED you neglect all other features of the game! How stupid! Open your eyes and see what the EP has to offer, and quit shunning it because of the few things it did not.

fitch 🐸🐸🐸🐸

:hunf:

Yes, that's very mature.
  • Options
    QuizeburioQuizeburio Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited January 2011
    I always liked having my sims Model
  • Options
    Citrina5Citrina5 Posts: 1,252 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Nicksim96 wrote:
    Clisair wrote:
    sneakysim wrote:

I second this.... I never HAD to patch TS1 because it was 99% bug free to start with! I really think this topic is stupid. Some troll had to come along and disagree with the OP just to cause another forum argument even though they had no reliable evidence to begin with. If you like sims 3 LN, good for you, I like it too... But there are some things Sims 1 Superstar had that could've been implemented in LN the way waterslides were implemented into Seasons, a town into Unleashed, and cars into Nightlife....more of a suprise addition because Maxis cared about the players than an advertised addition. Again, I like NL and I play Sims 3, 2, and even 1 occasionally, so I can look at this with a neutral argument point. If you don't agree with the OP just ignore it. If you agree with the OP then post your opinion so EA knows what we want. No need to get bitter about it...sheesh.

In a way I agree with the OP but disagree with your last point. Everyone has the right to say their opinion even you like it or not. I agree that people in this forum always complaining against us complainers, yh that’s right I consider myself as a complainer because I’m not 100% happy about TS3 and how EA is treating us players, and I agree 100% that sims 3 comparing with other games lacks in the interactive objects and interactions. But however I never expect people to basically shut up because I may disagree with their opinion.