Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Legacy Blogs

Comments

• Options
    Mia_of_DoomMia_of_Doom Posts: 42 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Just updated. :)

http://azteclegacy.sims3legacy.com/ Happy reading!
  • Options
    RimsimRimsim Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Here is my blog:
    I'm hoping not to fizzle out on it. And I'm terrible about taking pictures but I have a good story in my head. Now just to get it out!

http://blossomfamilylegacy.wordpress.com/
    The Blossom Family

And I'm new to wordpress but I'll be fleshing it out more this weekend I hope!
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited June 2009
    I've decided to just go ahead and make an uber-long chapter. It's filled with drama and excitement, so I'm sure the readers will like it.

I'm nearing the end, but I suddenly had to deal with a lot of emotional personal problems today and so this one chapter has taken me all day to finish. This chapter was especially difficult to write, because it triggered a lot of emotions that I'm dealing with, so forgive me if it's not as good as some of my other ones.

Also... please ignore the fact that my founder's belly will not grow any bigger during her pregnancy. I try to capture shots from angles that give the illusion of a belly, but it's a graphical issue I haven't figured out how to fix, yet.
  • Options
    Simmer4lifeSimmer4life Posts: 72 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Oops forgot to mention the name of my legacy. It's the Robinson family. Thank you so much for letting me post my link. Here it is again. http://roxychronicles.blogspot.com
  • Options
    BennjoonBennjoon Posts: 1,909 Member
    edited June 2009
  • Options
    siminganonsiminganon Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    http://theashfords.sims3legacy.com/

I switched over to the community site (thanks to the creators!) and I have updated.. check it out. :)
  • Options
    funkyfreshhfunkyfreshh Posts: 164 New Member
    edited June 2009
    bennetfamilylegacy.sims3legacy.com

bennet family link change
    ---> everything is now set up and gen 1 part 3 is in process =)=)
  • Options
    PoptartsiclePoptartsicle Posts: 81 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm not sure if I should make a wordpress, or one on the sims 3 legacy website. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    Mandy347Mandy347 Posts: 255 Member
    edited June 2009
    Wow, there are so many blogs up now! It's amazing. I'm going to have a tough time wading through them all. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    @mandy347
    i like your story. =)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hey, can someone just chat with me here for a while? Sims 3 blog related, of course, so this thread doesn't get taken down.

I just need to take my mind off of a lot of personal problems right now and need a good cheering up.
  • Options
    SerinValSerinVal Posts: 136 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Umm, hmm. Legacy related conversation topic... How many stories have you read so far? (crap, I know, but it was all I could think of)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    you should redirect your anger to freewebs
    im so angry with them right now, but it doesn't seem like enough anger for them to respond to my emails... dklfh grrr. hehe
  • Options
    MiniieMiniie Posts: 258 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey, can someone just chat with me here for a while? Sims 3 blog related, of course, so this thread doesn't get taken down.

I just need to take my mind off of a lot of personal problems right now and need a good cheering up.
    Bah. I fell asleep with my laptop next to me. Did i miss anything?
    Whats up? :) How's your legacy going? I think my Sims are going to make it until the kids are almost YA i think. I hope so.
  • Options
    ToppenzapToppenzap Posts: 773 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My legacy is actually going along well, it's just a bit difficult to post since I get a little crazy with taking pictures, and end up not using half of them.. So I have to weed through them all to find the good ones.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Haha, I am the same way, Toppenzap.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    i really like your story, toppenzap ^^
  • Options
    mambogambomambogambo Posts: 205 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Blah, I know... sry...

SerinVal, pb??? No confirmation email yet.

:( checked your outgoing cue????

sry... jst wanna update my story. A heir is born!!! Little Kathleen O'Connelll came in at 6pnd 2oz and rolled clumsy and excitable traits. Mum and matriarch, Enya, as well as Christopher, the father, are both exhausted but very very proud.

Kathleen's still a blob but that's Gen 2 up and running. Yeee-Haaa!!!

Oh!!! Enya now has a house... with walls!!! Crazy!!

Stay tuned and check it out when I get it up on sims3legacy.com.

In the meantime i will continue to follow as many of yours as is humanly possible. Keep it up. They're fantastic!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    HAve you checked your spam folder? Confirmation emails and can sometimes go there. What email hosting do you use?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    hey serinval i'll be your best friend if you can change the bennet family link on the first post =)
    freewebs froze my account because my bandwidth was too high, so i can't give a link to the new site on there.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Thanks guys, you're the best.

Wow, that's great Miniie! Have you updated again? I'll go read it. My founder just got pregnant with her first child. I haven't posted the whole thing yet. It's such a huge post and with all the drama that went on in both my sim's life and mine, it's taken me all day to finish. It's still not finished actually.

I've only been reading one blog, which is Miniie's. I've been getting so caught up in my own that I haven't really had much time to go Legacy-perusing, but it's on my to-do list. There are so many Legacy Stories on here that look fantastic.

That really sucks about freewebs, funkyfreshh. I used to host my writing there, but then someone I used to talk to online who held a grudge with me for over a year suddenly started threatening me and harassing me on my own website. Freewebs never did anything about it, and the person just kept doing it, so I relocated the site to a new domain and shut down the other one. I like my new domain on Bravenet.com much better, but it's much more complicated to create a website on there. I spent days figuring it all out.

On a side note, my Legacy's a matriarchy, so my founder's been eating lots of watermelon. How much watermelon does she need to eat to ensure (or at least make the odds the highest they can go) she has a girl? She's eaten five watermelons.

• Options
    ToppenzapToppenzap Posts: 773 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think it's every 3 watermelons/apples the pregnant sim eats affects the gender. I have no idea by how much though.
  • Options
    mambogambomambogambo Posts: 205 New Member
    edited June 2009
    SerinVal wrote:
    HAve you checked your spam folder? Confirmation emails and can sometimes go there. What email hosting do you use?

Yeah. have been checking every 5 minutes too. locally and at the ISP webmail page in case it was a pro with my account. have been receiving Friend requests :D from EA this morning so my email is working and nothing is being junked.
    Toppenzap wrote:
    I think it's every 3 watermelons/apples the pregnant sim eats affects the gender. I have no idea by how much though.

3 watermelons gave me a girl... but i made her eat 5 just to be sure. Just as well to coz she was low on simoleons and eating home grown produce was a real wallet saver.

According to the prima guide watermelon's the key if you need to maintain a female bloodline. Boys are a little more likely in-game I think but the apples help to ensure it i'd imagine.

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Wow... I'm terrified she'll have a boy and he'll just be a useless spare, taking up space and money.

Then she only has one more chance to have a girl. I made two rules for my Legacy in particular:

1. No sims can move out of the Legacy House in case they are needed to become a new heir. Plus, I don't want my founder's descendants scattered all over town.
    2. No sim is allowed to have more than two children, in order to keep the Legacy House from getting filled up. It's imperative that any heir have at least one out of two possible girls to carry on the line. If not, then they'll be forced to keep trying for a girl, but I'm hoping lots of watermelon ensures this catastrophe never happens.

Only problem is, my founder can't exactly afford to buy baby stuff AND lots of watermelon. >.<
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ok then, I'll go and let pb know about it.