Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Weekly Challenge #62-63 -- Summer Designer Showdown!

Comments

• Options
    sjsimmy02sjsimmy02 Posts: 190 Member
    edited August 2010
    mj1976 wrote:
    HELP it is not letting me update my game. It's set on automatic but will not install the update. I realize this isn't the best place to post this info, but in my opinion some of the most talented players are members of BNS so I was hoping someone would know how to fix this issue? Also, I do not have the girl dressed doll so I can't understand why it will not install. I only have one cc content item in my game that wasn't purchased from the store, and I've had it forever, all other updates have worked in the past. Sorry if this is a bother but I am anxious to get back into the competitions, got overwhelmed last time and didn't have the time to finish. Any input appreciated. :wink:

I had the same problem. I am not sure if this will help you, but mine wouldn't update because I didn't have the EA Download Manager installed on my computer for some reason and that was preventing me from getting the update. I would check your computer and make sure it's installed. I hope it helps! :)
  • Options
    AuroraDayAuroraDay Posts: 33 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Anjubee: Unfortunately I am unable to participate in any challenges but I have a great challenge in mind that I'd like to see what the build and share community make of, is it ok if I host 1 challenge or something along the lines of that?
  • Options
    mj1976mj1976 Posts: 234 New Member
    edited August 2010
    sjsimmy02 ty i will check that out
  • Options
    TenderWolfTenderWolf Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited August 2010
    Anartistica: Thanks! I'm glad you like the house! :) Yeah I was wondering if that exterior color would be a little too bright. For some reason my brain kept saying turquoise blue. lol

My original plan was to use the globe but I just got this idea in my head and went with it. :D
  • Options
    PollySimPollySim Posts: 578 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Kiarane, what you have done is amazing. I love the outdoor area - that fish statue looks incredible all lit up.

It looks very peaceful - I would like to take my holidays there.

Good job

Px
  • Options
    PollySimPollySim Posts: 578 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Tenderwolf,

This is a great house filled with patterns. If you have an idea I reallt think you should go with it. There are some great sculptures here also which really add to the build.

Nice work.

Px
  • Options
    ciaracaffciaracaff Posts: 815 Member
    edited August 2010
    Anjubee...

Just wondering can we add some fencing inside??
    I know we can outside but I want to use it for my kitchen and it would be really useful!

Can we delete the chimney(brick) part of the fireplace?? It's ok if we can't but I just really hate that part!

Sorry for all the questions also... :S
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    cameonet1950cameonet1950 Posts: 2,138 Member
    edited August 2010
    Anjubee wrote:
    I'm going to say no to adding walls around the fireplace ...

Anjubee, you're going to :roll: at this next question: Can we add columns to the inside of the house? It's a slick way to "transition" from one wall paint/pattern to another with open floor plans and/or abrupt wall endings. I like to embed columns at wall ends and in/on wall corners for this purpose. Columns are both "architectural" AND "structural" elements so I had to ask due to the following rule:

*You can add structural elements for landscaping purposes ... but they cannot be attached to the main house.

Hope you say columns inside for this purpose are OK!
    :wink: Cameo

TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited August 2010
    Columns and fencing can be added anywhere you like.

AuroraDay: We welcome any ideas you may have. Just PM me over at www.buildersboulevard.com with any idea you may have and we will see if we can work something out. :)

mj1976: I wish I had a definitive fix for you. I haven't encountered this problem, so I don't know of any fixes. Have you tried searching around the tech forums to see if anyone has any similar issues?
  • Options
    cameonet1950cameonet1950 Posts: 2,138 Member
    edited August 2010
    ciaracaff wrote:
    Anjubee...
    I want to use it for my kitchen and it would be really useful!

I'm using fencing in a bathroom. Will be interesting to see how you use it in your kitchen! :shock:
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ciaracaff wrote:
    Anjubee...
    I want to use it for my kitchen and it would be really useful!

I'm using fencing in a bathroom. Will be interesting to see how you use it in your kitchen! :shock:

It's not that interesting really... just divides the dishwasher and washing machine from the rest of the kitchen!
    Going to use it in a few more rooms now! :lol:

• Options
    TamlynTamlyn Posts: 295 Member
    edited August 2010
    mj1976 - I've never been able to update through the eadm. It thinks it's installed on my computer and isn't, basically - I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and all that, and eventually just gave up and update manually. You can get the patches from the simswiki and apply them yourself, just make sure you get the patch for all the versions of the game you have (ie base game, wa and hels, if you have those three).
  • Options
    AnartisticaAnartistica Posts: 277 New Member
    edited August 2010
    mj1976, I had the same problem and I reinstalled all my games. I don't think you have to do that because after I uninstalled the EA Download Manager (and left it uninstalled), the Launcher allowed me to install the newest update. But if that doesn't help and you decide to go with the reinstalling of all the games remember to BACK UP before you do that so you don't lose your cc or savings. I hope you'll get things to work, these kind of issues are very annoying and frustrating. :?
  • Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited August 2010
    I wanted to add walls around my chimney too cuz I'm OCD! :( Why can't they just update the game and let us CAS it! GRRR! LOL :)

mj1976: I've heard that the EA Download Manager is only needed for people who get the electronic version of the Sims game (buy it online at the store instead of getting the hard disk copy) therefore I'm not sure if it has anything to do with your upating abilities. But I guess there is a possibility it does. Do like Anjubee said and look in the tech forums to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue; odds are they are and the Gurus are or might be investigating it! I know I have issues getting stuff from the store to load to my launcher and so do many others; the forum for that asks for your info so the Guru's can use it to look into the issue. Good luck!!! These issues get annoying and aren't fun to deal with!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ciaracaff wrote:
    Anjubee...

Can we delete the chimney(brick) part of the fireplace?? It's ok if we can't but I just really hate that part!

Anjubee: My guess is the answer is no since you did state in another post that making the ugly brick of the fireplace match is part of the challenge, but you didn't ever answer and I'm a bit obsessive compulsive and like things to some what match... also hate that stupid brick color! So anyways, just thought I'd re-post this earlier question and see what you say! We participants are so good at trying to go around the rules! LOL
  • Options
    ADLER900ADLER900 Posts: 503 Member
    edited August 2010
    ciaracaff wrote:
    Anjubee...

Anjubee: My guess is the answer is no since you did state in another post that making the ugly brick of the fireplace match is part of the challenge, but you didn't ever answer and I'm a bit obsessive compulsive and like things to some what match... also hate that stupid brick color! So anyways, just thought I'd re-post this earlier question and see what you say! We participants are so good at trying to go around the rules! LOL

hey _princess-natasha, will you be doing reviews for this build n share? :lol: Yep, the rules are pretty hard to get around... (does no one but me like the chimney brick???) And no walls around fireplaces??? BUMMER! :( oh well, i'm pretty sure we can add building stuff outside for the landscape, so thats at least, a way to individualise the house! will you be participating in the build n share this time?? :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ciaracaff wrote:
    Anjubee...

It is part of the structure so I presumed we couldn't delete it but chanced asked anyway!! I hate that you can't CAS it! I can never get another brick to match...
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    edited August 2010
    ADLER900 wrote:
    ciaracaff wrote:
    Anjubee...

hey _princess-natasha, will you be doing reviews for this build n share? :lol: Yep, the rules are pretty hard to get around... (does no one but me like the chimney brick???) And no walls around fireplaces??? BUMMER! :( oh well, i'm pretty sure we can add building stuff outside for the landscape, so thats at least, a way to individualise the house! will you be participating in the build n share this time?? :-)

Well I've tried the (don't know specifically what it's called) Modern fireplace....it's all inside, but the chimney comes up through bedroom above.

There should be a way around it cause the fireplace is changeable, but how will it look in the bedroom?

:D
  • Options
    DannyNarcoDannyNarco Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Ooooo! First BnS competition I have entered but this one looks really fun. Orchid; modernist, streamline development it is! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    DannyNarco wrote:
    Ooooo! First BnS competition I have entered but this one looks really fun. Orchid; modernist, streamline development it is! :)

Thats what i thought too when i saw it! :lol:Minimalist, modern , angular, simple! Good luck with the design! The orchid seems to be the most popular choice even though i thought it would be impossible!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Competiton gettin tough!
  • Options
    FreynasFreynas Posts: 1,289 New Member
    edited August 2010
    The Entry List is up to date:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/248029.page#3167464

Your welcome Cameo! I miss you too!!! :D

The results for
    - #58 Sharma's Old Day Spa: Beginner-Intermediate Category
    - #59 Love Shack: Beginner Category
    are up: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/1170/47204.page

• Options
    N_L_NovaN_L_Nova Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Name: N_L_Nova

Link to the posted asset (link to lot): http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2927969

Link to media (required for judging): http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=249485

Optional Challenges entered?: N/A

Constructive Criticism?: Please.

Experience level: Beginner

Lot Name: Adventurer’s Lodge

Lot address, size, and final cost: 20 Hidden Grove Lane, Riverview/ 30X30/ 93,832 simolians

Details and Rational: The inspiration I used for my entry was the globe. A decor of dark woods, pale yellows, browns, and greens coming from the colors of the globe. Also, decorations around the house representing an adventurer having traveled to far away places and brought back pieces of their journeys.

Credit to any simmers for custom content you used: No, CC. However there were Store items used.

Well, there it is. My first Build-n-Share entry. I'm looking forward to some constructive criticism, so that I can improve. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ciaracaff: Other brick doesn't match and neither does stone, which I just so happen to love using! LOL Guess I need to re-do the stupid exterior paint! LOL

And apparently you are the only one who doesn't want to be able to CAS the chimney and likes that stupid brick, ADLER900! LOL It's okay tho! We don't hate you for liking what we cannot stand! We'll just consider you an odd ball! ;) And of course I plan on leaving feed back! :D And yes I'm participating! Which is why I tried to re-ask the question ciaracaff asked altho I'm sure it is a no! HAHA
  • Options
    AnartisticaAnartistica Posts: 277 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I like the chimney! In my opinion, it happens to fit perfectly to the colors and textures I used to paint the exteriors :mrgreen: (but only this time. USUALLY it annoys me and I remove it and never think about the stupid chimney again!)