The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wyrd Tales (updated May 24, '24)

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,127 Member
    Wow! Awesome!
    I LOVE IT!!! I cannot really comment what I want to, as.. rules... but yes, awesome!

this is coming from diehard-bella-fan, remember :)

Loved the last line, got goosebumps...

ok, calm down, Ellu, this is a story of Gwen and Cass, falling in love, not about their parent's actions... :smiley:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,700 Member
    @Ellupelluellu, :)
    I figured, since you are a diehard Bella fan, I had two options... you'd either love this chapter or hate it. :) Glad you loved it.

Yeah, this is probably one of my least forum-friendly chapters (right up there with Mariah's teen years) but it felt right. Bella is a strong person and she was, even as a teen in a horrible situation.

Yeah, it's Gwen and Cas's story... but Bella has a role to play beyond the overprotective stepmother. Looking at things from Bella's perspective does, at least, give us some insight into why she's being overprotective.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,088 Member
    @luciusstorm Ooh!
    Speaking from experience, it's great your story is on a blog.😛

You haven't cleared up the mystery around Bella. You've made it even more interesting! New chapter this evening? 😉

I thought Bella's 'enhancements' were all Dr. Key's doing. 😲 This creates so many new questions.

The last line ran through my mind. As soon as Key mentioned monsters. Now where he ranks among the other monsters...
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143, I'll take that as praise. :)
    Like I said to Ellupelluellu, this is probably one of my least forum-friendly chapters... up there with Mariah's past and, I guess, all the post transformation scenes in Bad Moon Rising.
    It will probably remain so unless and until I decide to actually write The Lothario Incident (the story of Cassie and Don Lothario's relationship. I'm not sure I'll even be able to post much of anything about that story on the forums. ;) ).

I've got four more chapters written and screen captures for 2-4 more (depending on how I break things out) ready. :) Next chapter, next Wednesday, which will take us back to Cas and friends...

Key is... interesting. I'm of the view that anyone who expects others to do horrible things (and does horrible things themselves) in the name of "making the world safer" or "for Queen and Country" is basically never a Good Guy.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,545 Member
    Feels like an understatement but Wow
    the inclusion of abduction, and their entire conversation. When the Doc started smiling coldly, it started taking a turn. Honestly thank goodness for other sites for posting chapters like this.
    Very captivating, and the ending line. Reread the last chapter and it flowed soo well
    Awesome chapter, can’t wait for the next 😁
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves, thank you very much. :)
    Nothing (much) against the forums, but I am very pleased with the creative freedom the blog gives me. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Next week, we'll be back to Cas and Gwen.
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves, one more thing... :)
    Very captivating, and the ending line. Reread the last chapter and it flowed soo well

Thank you for noticing. I know with the way I'm publishing the chapters once a week, it's hard to keep track but I try to make sure it all reads as a complete story.
  • Options
    OK, asking for opinions time...

Right now, I have written and ready to go Chapter 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 and another interlude. I'm going to start writing Chapter 22 (I've got the screenshots already).

The things is, at one chapter a week, what I have right now and will have soon will last me until the beginning of July. On the one hand, that gives me plenty of flexibility, especially if I don't feel well or have a crisis (which I might but I'll know more next week) or just don't feel inspired. On the other hand, I want to share what I've got.

I'm thinking, maybe for the next couple of chapters, I could post twice a week - Wednesday and Friday - like I have in the past.

Thoughts? Opinions? Comments?
  • Options
    I feel like two chapters this week wouldn't hurt. Maybe another week where you release two. I wouldn't do more than that. Especially if you think you may have real world issues to deal with. It's nice to have content ready to share just in case.🙂
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 380 Member
    @luciusstorm if you think IRL will interfere with your posting keep it one a week that way you have the chapters already ready when IRL does interfere but maybe once the new forum is open in July first week can post two as a welcome to new readers and remind those us here that you are back and where to find you in the new forum
  • Options
    Thoughts? Opinions? Comments?

Ok my first thought/opinion was, not gonna lie, was "That's one for each day, right :p "

On serious note, how it fits you the best. Maybe now two, next week one , some other week 2 again? Not really helpful, I guess , but looks like you have nice amount of updates already there in case at some week you don't /cannot do one.

• Options
    Ok my first thought/opinion was, not gonna lie, was "That's one for each day, right :p "

Yeah, could pretty much cover the week I guess. :)

What I hearing here is that no one would object to me posting more than one chapter a week, as long as the chapters keep coming.

Currently, I'm planning on one update this week. I'm looking at the future chapters and trying to think what would work in terms of the flow of the story. Where do I want the story to move ahead and where do I want to leave you hanging for a week. B) I should know more about what's going on IRL later this week, which may inform my decision making.
  • Options
    Chapter 17

ZEmp0Or.png

"Alright, Cas," Bella said.
  • Options
    edited May 15
    Oh, I am late today from everywhere :)
    Endearing chapter ! :love:

I'm happy she get to go :)

I can totally relate to the pyjama selecting, as indeed in my sleepovers back then there was also just girls... but one had yummy big brother to who I was secretly in love with :p Had to be in my best :D (And I hardly had the courage to say thank you to him if he handed over the salad at table, lol)

Hehe, so typical from Alex :D
    Post edited by Ellupelluellu on
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu, there isn't a time limit on commenting, though I was wondering. It must be late where you are.
    I'm enjoying including these "teen moments" amid all the drama and weirdness. "Picking the right clothes" is right up there with "learn magic" and "Bella's weirdness" for importance. :)

I enjoy Alexander. He's such a little brother.
  • Options
    Hehe, only 8pm now, but I have been running slow-mode whole today :smiley:
  • Options
    Hehe, only 8pm now, but I have been running slow-mode whole today :smiley:

Much like Gwen, I've never been good with time. :)
  • Options
    @luciusstorm
    You really captured the angst of budding love and making impressions. We have the benefit of hindsight. We know Cas didn't to agonize over her look. She did anyway and it felt so real.😊

Alexander is every younger sibling. Ever. The eternal pest. But more often than not we love them anyway. He understood Cas' dilemma. How much does he know about the real monsters that lurk around the Goths?🤔
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143
    Thank you. I'm enjoying the flashback story. We know what's at the end of the road, but how we got there and the bumps along the way... that makes things interesting.

Alexander is a lot of fun. Kids always see and understand more than adults, and big sisters, credit them for. :)
  • Options
    FYI, if anyone is curious, here is my current schedule for upcoming chapters...
    • Chapter 18 (Wednesday 5/22), Chapter 19 (Friday 5/24)
    • Chapter 20 (Wednesday 5/29)
    • Chapter 21 (Wednesday 6/5)
    • Third Interlude, part 1 (Wednesday 6/12), Third Interlude, part 2 (Friday 6/14)

So, two chapters next week, then one chapter for each of the next two weeks, then both parts of Third Interlude together.

The gives me a month to work through the next chapters. Hopefully, I can make that work.
  • Options
    Ch.17
    I was faced with what, at the time, seemed to be the most important choice of my life - What was I going to wear?
    Back when things were simpler and this was the biggest problem 😆🥲
    Alexander was a fun highlight this chapter, like always the older sister saves the day😁 This chapter almost felt like a trip down memory lane 😆
    Now to wait and see whats to come of this sleepover😁
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves, thank you
    Simpler times. :) I am really enjoying this whole flashback story.

What could possibly happen at a sleepover? >:)
  • Options
    Of course 😆
    Had a feeling this won't turn out be a normal sleepover
  • Options
    KymiKymi Posts: 9 New Member
    The way you've captivated your readers and the style with which you write is exciting to see.
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves, :)
    Had a feeling this won't turn out be a normal sleepover

Well, there might be a hint in Carmilla's grandmother being Mrs. Duplantier... :)