The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simmers

True second chances in life are rare. If you are ever granted one, please don't waste it.

Recently (on May 6th), I celebrated my 12th year simaversary. Initially, I was going to end my forum participation on that day bringing it to a full circle close. But that didn't happen. This brings me to the second chance I mentioned above. Due to a mishap with my data when the old forum closed, my official simaversary date on this site was somehow changed to today May 14th. So, technically today is also my 12th year simaversary. How lucky am I to have two days to celebrate! Plus, I have been giving another opportunity to close things out full circle as I wanted.

Since I have decided not to continue on when the new forum opens. I wanted to take this time to thank all my fellow simmers for the great memories that have been made here. And to wish everyone a continued 'Happy Simming!'

Bye.

Comments

• Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 689 Member
    Good bye and safe travels, @mw1525. I always miss the simmers that no longer come on these forums. At least you said goodbye. This Sims 3 experience has been the best one yet and I am not ready to call it quits - at least not yet. So long!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 775 Member
    I wonder how many us will not transition to the new forum but will not have a chance to say goodbye. I am not sure that I will even know how to use the new forum never mind want to use it. Good bye.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,217 Member
    As someone who has followed up with every forum upgrade I am curious why some are leaving when the latest upgrade happens?
    Over the years we have lost some awesome simmers through no choice of their own (still miss you on here Writin' Reg)
    so its always sad to see someone else leave voluntarily. But good luck to you and I hope you still continue to enjoy simming.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,089 Member
    edited May 15
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    As someone who has followed up with every forum upgrade
    I am curious why some are leaving when the latest upgrade happens?
    Over the years we have lost some awesome simmers through no choice of their own (still miss you on here Writin' Reg)
    so its always sad to see someone else leave voluntarily. But good luck to you and I hope you still continue to enjoy simming.
    I do think there is times you need to move on and do something different for your own brains sake
    I've left many forums and online communities myself for the same reason
    nothing against the communities just didn't like who I was in those communities anymore

That all said I think I will stay on these forums, and the new forums for another long while :)
    That is unless universe has other plans :sweat_smile: or the whole forum gang goes byebye :scream:
    cause uh who am I supposed to pester with my sim talk then? :bawling: talk to myself?

I hope as many of us stay as possible but if not
    I wish you all have lovely time with whatever else you get up to
    and you are always welcome to rejoin the forums for some sim talk :)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,217 Member
    @Simmingal Of course. I just can't ever see myself leaving my sims behind or the forum. LOL So I will always be here for you to pester I mean chat with. ;-) Or unless, as you say, the Universe changes my plans.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,265 Member
    edited May 15
    I'm not leaving until EA admits defeat in their product. True simmer for life <3 I love this game!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,589 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:

It's been Awesome! And sometimes not so Awesome but mostly Awesome. I'm just happy I was here for the Sims 3 ride. :hugz: :cookie:
    Best Wishes to Everyone; staying and going. :blush::heart:
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,434 Member
    edited May 24
    What they're gonna have to happen to make me not post or switch to whatever new forums they're going to be at is...

what is known as an ELE more precisely known as an "Extinction Level Event".

Namely Putin deciding that he's going to drop the big one.

Screenshot-127_nuke3.png

So, wherever we end up, when we're supposed to move over, I'll be there.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,381 Member
    @mw1234 You'll be missed. I've always loved your sims AI theories :kissing_heart:

Can't say I'll be at the new place a lot but I'll probably drop in occasionally! I will always miss this forum and remember fondly all the wonderful simmers and information that helped me out on my beginner simming journey in 2014.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,653 Member
    I completely forgot this forum will be closed soon, I don't really get on here much anymore - not sure if I'll move to the new one or not.