The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer 2024 Roadmap (Season of Love) Revealed

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,341 Member
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,825 Member
    @simgirl1010 @DaniRose2143 Maybe they mean two destination Paris and Amsterdam as connected European Cities.
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 122 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 @DaniRose2143 Maybe they mean two destination Paris and Amsterdam as connected European Cities.

This would be great. They could have different neighborhoods represent different places. Let me just full on dream here and hope for a world with 3 neighborhoods, one based on Paris, one Amsterdam, and the third something Tuscan inspired.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,616 Member
    Get well soon 🌞☕

Thanks, sweetie <3 and thanks for the coffee, I'm drinking it right now and it's soothing my throat a bit :D

I have a fair amount of teens in my rotation at the moment, I wonder if the pack will be out for when they age up and start looking for prospective partners. Though, it will have to impress me before I buy it.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,188 Member

Maybe the kits will reflect the cities? The world in the EP could blend elements of each into something unique.
    MomsBusy wrote: »
    something Tuscan inspired.

That's how I play Tartosa now. But I know opinions are divided about the inspiration. I'd love a world based on Rome too. That's a dream for another day.😊

• Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,825 Member

Maybe the kits will reflect the cities? The world in the EP could blend elements of each into something unique.
    MomsBusy wrote: »
    something Tuscan inspired.

That's how I play Tartosa now. But I know opinions are divided about the inspiration. I'd love a world based on Rome too. That's a dream for another day.😊

Yeah same @DaniRose2143 Tartosa is my Italy, but I wouldn't mine a Venice or more. Maybe even Spain or Greece.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 721 Member
    Hear me out, doesn't the road map have strong reality tv, dating game energy? I doubt they'd give us anything like that, but I can't stop thinking about it. I keep seeing the roadmap video and reading the text in the Big Brother opening voice. Let Love In. Priming For Passion. The Meeting- with the description! "Made waves, but we woohoo'd anyway" could be about the "audience" not liking a pair. It's a complete conspiracy theory but it'd be so fun.
    Second conspiracy theory, make your move (in the dating game? eh? eh?) = cars because cars...move. Yeah I'll stand by that. And they could woohoo in cars. I guess.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,520 Member
    greydonn wrote: »
    Hear me out, doesn't the road map have strong reality tv, dating game energy? I doubt they'd give us anything like that, but I can't stop thinking about it. I keep seeing the roadmap video and reading the text in the Big Brother opening voice. Let Love In. Priming For Passion. The Meeting- with the description! "Made waves, but we woohoo'd anyway" could be about the "audience" not liking a pair. It's a complete conspiracy theory but it'd be so fun.
    Second conspiracy theory, make your move (in the dating game? eh? eh?) = cars because cars...move. Yeah I'll stand by that. And they could woohoo in cars. I guess.

I think by make waves they mean a new swimming pool woohoo animation that causes waves in the pool.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,540 Member
    greydonn wrote: »

I think by make waves they mean a new swimming pool woohoo animation that causes waves in the pool.

In the roadmap it says that the fountain made waves but they woohooed anyway. To me it sounds like the waves were made by the fountain and they too a risk and woohooed in spite of it.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,616 Member

crocobaura wrote: »
    In the roadmap it says that the fountain made waves but they woohooed anyway. To me it sounds like the waves were made by the fountain and they too a risk and woohooed in spite of it.
    Interesting how different people see things. I'd have said the same as cat, that the woo-hooing couple were the ones making waves and the title 'fountain of desire' was separate to the rest of the sentence.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,540 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Interesting how different people see things. I'd have said the same as cat, that the woo-hooing couple were the ones making waves and the title 'fountain of desire' was separate to the rest of the sentence.

I imagine the fountain is like the hot-tub, though I am not sure I would call a bit of water splashing about as waves and water splashes anyway as it's a fountain. I don't think EA would add in a cheering crowd animation for sims woohooing in a fountain, though who knows. :lol:
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 810 Member
    I am nervous about a romance EP. Broken romance is worse than no romance. I already have Sims that cannot stop flirting with people of a gender that I have clearly designated as not attractive to them. To make it worse, those people have the names of horses. LOL.

Sometimes I am reminded of the novel Brave New World when I am playing the Sims. Romance and woohoo do not always overlap.

I am not feeling hopeful about this at all. As a console player with no access to CC and mods, I am sure that I will want something in the EP, but I am afraid that I might have to skip it to avoid adding some type of broken and immersion breaking gameplay into my game.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,334 Member
    It HAS to have attraction/chemistry system or it's gonna be very disappointing
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,516 Member

Let’s just hope they collaborated with our good ol’ friend TURBO…That’ll certainly make waves. 😜

On a slightly less serious note: I don’t know what to expect from a Romance EP, but I’m seeing some interesting ideas.

The only thing that comes to mind is bed cuddles, dating apps and the Matchmaker from previous games. Doesn’t she have a dusty old lamp? Genies, perhaps? I’d like Genies and Fortunetellers in my game. That’s sort of romantic right, depending on which way you spin it?

What about a Mariachi band or a Lurv Minstrel? I’d like my sim to have a freelance career as a Lurv Minstrel. Wouldn’t that be grand?

I also recall the love-o- meter and that romantic Venice inspired gondola ride from Sims 3. That was kinda cute.
    Wouldn’t it be lovely dovely if our sims could hold one another again, while skating. A romantic slow skate. They seem so distant right now, poor lovers, it’s all so cold, especially on the ice rink. Here, have a hot chocolate instead, Buttercup.

Also, what’s this thing about making a move? Move out of that cursed rental and live on a houseboat instead? That would be nice, houseboats. Very romantic, as long as there’s a bit of space after you know…the woohoo bit. Well, at least there will be plenty of water to swim, or - if absolutely necessary - drown in.
    I’d recommend not to get married yet though. That pack is still a bit cracked. Unless I’m doing it wrong. I have no experience. 😅

Anyways, fingers crossed the upcoming EP isn’t a complete turn off…but hey I’m sure it’ll be absolutely purrrrrrrrfect…💓
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 976 Member
    It looks like a new roadmap with existing packs.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,155 Member
    Let’s just hope they collaborated with our good ol’ friend TURBO…That’ll certainly make waves. 😜

I cannot stop grinning now, thanks :D
    They don't dare this, in no way. They have to keep their child friendly theme, and have to keep the adult theme buried in the forgotten grotto.

But I have to admit I like that idea.

• Options
    Let’s just hope they collaborated with our good ol’ friend TURBO…That’ll certainly make waves.

Oh my goodness! Where are my smelling salts. 😮
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,139 Member
    edited May 15
    Let’s just hope they collaborated with our good ol’ friend TURBO…That’ll certainly make waves.

I'll pretend you all meant Urpo & Turpo

Do-C_N6XsAEt6Ls.jpg
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,253 Member

*offers roses and lavendel one*

better? :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options

I do and I don’t. I’ve had eight days off from the forum over the years because of ‘wave making’. 😛
  • Options

*offers roses and lavendel one*

better? :D

Much better. 😄
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,774 Member
    The "Find Love" concept posted above would fit nicely with hotels, and that would flesh it out to an EP if they did hotels well. Otherwise I agree that I can't see how romance fills out a whole expansion pack.

I would enjoy hotels and B&Bs and stuff in a world based on multiple European cities. A bit worried I won't want the dating app or some of the other things they might put in for romance.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,516 Member

Ah, I can see those waves rollin’ in already!

I was only sort of referring to TURBO’s family friendly “Who Is Knocking?” - mod. Would be nice to have a feature like this in the upcoming EP. You know, for our sims to know who’s knocking at the door just in case it’s a potential lover? We wouldn’t want our simmies to miss out on an opportunity for romance now, would we? Could be Urpo, could be Turpo.

Not sure what everybody else was thinking?! 😇
  • Options
    Ah, I can see those waves rollin’ in already!

I was only sort of referring to TURBO’s family friendly “Who Is Knocking?” - mod. Would be nice to have a feature like this in the upcoming EP. You know, for our sims to know who’s knocking at the door just in case it’s a potential lover? We wouldn’t want our simmies to miss out on an opportunity for romance now, would we? Could be Urpo, could be Turpo.

Or in case someone needs to make a quick exit out the back door.
  • Options
    edited May 15

I was thinking about heart-shaped water beds. 😈