The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to delete snow spots in build mode?

I intended to rebuild a community lot, but there are numerous small snow piles on the ground and I can't find a way to get rid of them. It is late Summer in my save, so I find it a bit disturbing that the game did not already get rid of them.

Do I need a cheat? I tried bb.moveobjects but that did nothing. Is the only way to send sim there in live mode?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,317 Member
    edited May 7
    Did you try to bulldoze lot from build mode?
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 976 Member
    cheat bb.moveobjects on or wait for the snow to smelt.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,724 Member
    Did you try to bulldoze lot from build mode?

I'm just modifying the existing lot, don't want to bulldoze it.
  • Options

So, I must play that lot actively for the last 8-10 white dots to go away. That's insane. My game is soon Fall, and this lot is the only lot ion this hood where there are snow spots... Well, I'll go build somewhere else and will return in Winter. It's probably easier to build when the entire hood and lots are covered with snow, because it will go away in build mode.
  • Options
    edited May 7

So, I must play that lot actively for the last 8-10 white dots to go away. That's insane. My game is soon Fall, and this lot is the only lot ion this hood where there are snow spots... Well, I'll go build somewhere else and will return in Winter. It's probably easier to build when the entire hood and lots are covered with snow, because it will go away in build mode.

There is an icon somewhere in gameplay for the temperature and weather.
    Otherwise, as hinted, use the moveobjects cheat to remove the snow.

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,317 Member
    @BoergeAarg61 he said in his initial post the move object cheat didn't work. 🙂
  • Options
    @BoergeAarg61 he said in his initial post the move object cheat didn't work. 🙂

Ok. I was pretty sure I have done it several times.
    1. Switch the cheat on.
    2. Click on a snow slope and press delete.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,132 Member
    Do you use MCCC? If so, in Live mode you can shift-click and delete.

It's been a while but can't sims shovel snow like they do with raking leaves?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,014 Member
    Upload your lot to your library, than download the lot to a new game and make it summer. Then use that lot to replace the other one. I wouldn’t do this with someone’s residence though.
  • Options
    Purple-InkPurple-Ink Posts: 82 Member
    I've never had this problem before but when there are water puddles on a lot drawing a wall through them will get rid of them maybe try that?
    PurpleLilies0220 on the Sims 4 Gallery
  • Options
    Thanks all. There's a heat wave in my game, it took only a quick visit to that lot to get rid of them.

@Purple-Ink haha, you know what, I never actually tried building on those snow spots, I just took it for granted that they would need to be removed first. Next time I'll just build on! :)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,014 Member
    edited May 8
    Do you use MCCC? If so, in Live mode you can shift-click and delete.

It's been a while but can't sims shovel snow like they do with raking leaves?

Yeah, I have done that with puddles too, but it’s been quite awhile since I have.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,961 Member
    Try a game repair.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/