Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Would You Improve This Area of My Sim Self's House?

I'm thinking of improving the bathroom spaces in my sim self's house. Currently, it matches it's real life counterparts layout.

What i would like to do is move the washer and dryer from under the house in the basement/garage where it currently is in the real life version of the house and incorporate them in to this area somehow. How would you re-arrange this area so i can include a laundry space?

lipbW6f.png

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,966 Member
    edited April 15
    no wall changes option:
    I would move toilet where the shower is,
    stack washer dryer where the toilet is
    try to get shower and bathtub in the bathtub room and remove sink there

or if the room sizes can be changed option 2 I would drag toilet room into 4 squares and join it with the bathtub room as one room (door to hallway) and turn the room next to walk in closet into laundry room making that also 4 squares since there seems to be odd empty square there
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,387 Member
    In the shower room with pink floor tiles I would remove the wall to the one empty square room and put the sink in there and replace the current shower with university shower that allows you to walk through it. I would put the washing machine and dryer stacked where the sink is currently located. Or you could put toilet there in the one tile space and put washer dryer in the room where toilet is currently located. This way your sims can also wash their hands after they use the toilet.
  • Options
    edited April 16
    Oh! if you merge these bathrooms into one giant thing (remove hallway)

there might be different configurations too

I had not realized that hallway leads nowhere else than bathrooms so you might not have to cut into bedroom if you wish to make bigger bathroom

even just cutting the hallway by one tile would make the room at the end bigger so you could have full bathroom and sims could route better
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,387 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Oh! if you merge these bathrooms into one giant thing (remove hallway)

there might be different configurations too

I had not realized that hallway leads nowhere else than bathrooms so you might not have to cut into bedroom if you wish to make bigger bathroom

even just cutting the hallway by one tile would make the room at the end bigger so you could have full bathroom and sims could route better

Yes, he could move the wall and door to the toilet room back into the hallway, even by just one tile and combine the toilet and the bathroom together and then also take the one tile room from the shower room and make it one big bathroom and it would have plenty of space for washer and dryer. That entire hallway space could be incorporated into a bathroom space, it's long and there is only access to the bathroom and toilet room from there so basically wasted space, and at five tiles area it's bigger than the shower room and the walk in wardrobe.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,044 Member
    I too would cut out the hallway space to increase the size of the bathrooms, either making it one big bathroom or two by letting the one with the pink rug extend into the dressing room. If I wanted to make two bedrooms, I would move the sink in the one with the pink rug, to the dressing room, remove the wall to the empty square "room" then put the stack of washer/dryer there.

Then I'd still pull the toilet and other bathroom into one room, stealing one tile of the bedroom, and one of the hallway to make one bigger space.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    edited April 16
    How about this?

dKiYacc.png
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,096 Member
    How about this?

dKiYacc.png

@Simmingal I do like the look of this. When you say one tile, do i fill in the tile where the vent on the floor is?

• Options
    edited April 16
    I mean that the tile with toilet on it could be merged into the bedroom :)
  • Options
    edited April 16

@Simmingal Ah, but that bedroom wouldn't have a window if the toilet merged with it.

WEHoagQ.png
  • Options
    Brd709 wrote: »

@Simmingal Ah, but that bedroom wouldn't have a window if the toilet merged with it.

WEHoagQ.png

Oh no thats not what I meant :sweat_smile:
    how to explain

I meant that the walls would be where i have drawn those green lines in suggestion picture so if you built it like that the tile toilet is currently on would be part of bedroom not bathroom
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,027 Member
    edited April 17
    @Brd709 Here's what I came up with. Tried to keep it close to what you wanted but had to make a few changes. Got rid of one of the sinks so I could add the washer and dryer. I tested everything and the arrangement worked fine.
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113912&authkey=%21AJDuQFjMB6uloQs&width=1739&height=978
  • Options
    lanlyn wrote: »
    @Brd709 Here's what I came up with. Tried to keep it close to what you wanted but had to make a few changes. Got rid of one of the sinks so I could add the washer and dryer. I tested everything and the arrangement worked fine.
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113912&authkey=%21AJDuQFjMB6uloQs&width=1739&height=978

@lanlyn That's a also a good suggestion. I will try both layouts and see how they both look.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,982 Member
    Often if I don’t have room for a washer and dryer in their own room, I will remove a counter in the kitchen, ad put a stack washer and dryer. It works well in apartments.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,027 Member
    edited April 19
    @Brd709 Here's another option. If you're willing to have a smaller bedroom closet, you could have two full bathrooms and the washer/dryer upstairs.
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113916&authkey=%21ACxKu2y32uqQiFE&width=1559&height=877
    EDIT: You could also combine the closet with the smaller bathroom for more open space.
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113917&authkey=%21AJF9mg8MwyNjPs4&width=1500&height=1080
    Post edited by lanlyn on