Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Bugged You In Today's Gameplay Session?

There are a few things that have really bugged me today!

1) Kids swearing really often for no apparent reason
2) Kids losing teeth up to three times a day :o normal waking up with loose tooth, yanked it out - lost one during ice skating and a third during snowboarding. Just... really?
3) Kids taking so darn long to learn how to ride a bike

So what bugged you today?

Comments

• Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,645 Member
    @elanorbreton I can't get them to learn bike anymore. Every time they go to the treat or practice or any bike in game currently I get an exclamation point bubble and the cancel the activity from the list or cue. not today but my last play session.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Mod related, so I guess I can't complain too much lol

I have a love hate relationship with Better Exceptions. I kept getting an "animation error", but nothing was wrong with my game - that I noticed. I ended up deleting the mod so that it would stop spamming my screen. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary after that. 🤷‍♀️
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,899 Member
    Sometimes I “fight” with my Sim when she wants to turn on the stereo and I want her to focus. So she keeps turning on a different station each time I turn it off

Riding bikes indoors

“Maintenance issues” or similarly named lot trait challenge not working and when the stove supposedly explodes it can’t be fixed or replaced because it hasn’t broken correctly in the first place
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    When my sim wants to get a bar drink and never gets credit for doing just that.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    @elanorbreton I can't get them to learn bike anymore. Every time they go to the treat or practice or any bike in game currently I get an exclamation point bubble and the cancel the activity from the list or cue. not today but my last play session.

I find that I have to make them walk to a big open space first before choosing to practice, otherwise they won't do it.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 444 Member
    None of my sim's outdoor plants produce harvestables anymore.

It's crazy how even basic things are bugged now. That bugs me!
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    PandoraTO wrote: »

It's crazy how even basic things are bugged now. That bugs me!

Now that would more than bug me. Probably an obvious question, but are they in season?
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 555 Member
    @PandoraTO When did this start? Now I'm afraid. I've had my share of gardening issues, but I haven't seen that one yet. My main character lives in a garden. As long as he's home at 5AM, the plants bloom. On the other hand, if he's out gallivanting too late, he misses the bloom and has to wait for the next morning. I find this deeply annoying. I think they should be blooming when he's comes back, but it's not as bad as the plants not blooming at all.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,585 Member
    To be honest, nothing at all, I just had a blast with my Sim family today (I play the game with loads of bug fixing mods, though).
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,176 Member
    Random townies stealing the drinks i order
    The romantic dance keeping cancelling too fast to me it should keep going until they have to stop to fill a need or i cancel it , not give up every minute and the DJ stopping working to gawp at them

Waiters not clearing away dirty dishes and dumping a pile of them on the table my sims are trying to have a meal at
    Waiters constantly heading off to wash their hands or use the toilet then wandering off to admire paintings on the wall

My sims constantly starting new knitting items or cross stitch items instead of finishing the one they are doing

The long time bug of sims jumping back out of bed as soon as you send them to sleep unless their energy is in the red
    Horses never using the horse beds to sleep on

Those are just todays annoyances

• Options
    @Eleri, it started after I updated to the Crystal Creations patch. Is your game up to date?
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,145 Member
    Grandma should read a book with a toddler in the nursery. Because the a animation is so short I tried everything to have at least a short immersion, before it ends. Bookcase and couch are in the nursery, Baby security system is activated on door, baby sit in front of the couch, so is the setting.

1. Try: Grandma grabbed the book and walked to the living room. 1st reset of the sim
    2. Try: Put book in grandma's inventory and let her sit, then started the read to children, grandma stood up and want to walk to the living room with the book. 2nd reset of the Sim
    3. Try: lock door for everyone. Grandma froze at the bookcase and did nothing or reacting to any other task until the 3rd reset of the sim.

Baby got too tired, so I gave up and put her in bed.

Next day I let the mother read a story to the toddler and it worked as it should be. She grabbed the book from bookcase and sit down on the couch in the nursery and the little one was excited that someone payed her attention and gave her fun.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,407 Member
    My game is surprisingly bug-free except that I always have to cheat the weeds of my plants away.
  • Options
    My game is surprisingly bug-free except that I always have to cheat the weeds of my plants away.

Is that just personal preference or are you not able to weed?

I must admit, I've been having a blast with my farmers. They have finally gotten quite a few spliced and evolved plants and getting good harvests and I'm enjoying all the animals. They are living off the land and also nectar making.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 555 Member
    @Eleri, it started after I updated to the Crystal Creations patch. Is your game up to date?

@PandoraTO My game's fully up to date, but I don't own many of the EPs. I'm more of a GP hound. From what I understand, Eco Lifestyle, Cottage Living and, to a lesser extent, Cats and Dogs all add gardening elements. It's possible that the Crystal Creations patch conflicts with one of those three packs in some way.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 669 Member
    edited April 6
    @PandoraTO @elanorbreton @Eleri If you are able to use mods then Gardening for All Seasons by gettp is a good choice.
    It changes the bloom time from 5AM to between 10AM and 11AM for ease of harvesting and it also allows the garden in the Get To Work Science lab to work correctly for the scientist active career.

There is a .package file for each pack world that introduces gardening features.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,407 Member

I must admit, I've been having a blast with my farmers. They have finally gotten quite a few spliced and evolved plants and getting good harvests and I'm enjoying all the animals. They are living off the land and also nectar making.

Weeds are broken in my game. If a sheltered plant outside its season develops weeds, they cannot be removed.
  • Options

The inability to weed sheltered plants is also a bug. The report thread on AHQ is pretty extensive.

• Options
    Caerfinon wrote: »
    @PandoraTO @elanorbreton @Eleri If you are able to use mods then Gardening for All Seasons by gettp is a good choice.
    It changes the bloom time from 5AM to between 10AM and 11AM for ease of harvesting and it also allows the garden in the Get To Work Science lab to work correctly for the scientist active career.

There is a .package file for each pack world that introduces gardening features.

I'll look into this mod for sure. I have lots of mods already, but I'm waiting to be forced over to the EA app from Origin before adding any new ones. Once I'm over there (and assuming the app even works properly), I'm going to load up my game with all the additional mods I need to make it as fun and bug-free as possible, and then I'm going to avoid future updates and buying new packs indefinitely. I want a LOT of bugs fixed before I do either of those things ever again.

Back on topic, another thing that bugged me in my game recently was the fact that most dead sims appear to be "alive" (i.e., not ghosts) in my living sims' relationship panels. Another "gift" from the CCSP update. Considering I'm playing a 100 Baby Challenge and my main sim knows over 50 ghosts (most are the ghosts of her children), it's super annoying.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,057 Member
    That after I played I accidentally pressed exit game instead of save and exit. (Can't even blame it on the game just my own stupidity).
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,676 Member
    This is from yesterday, as I have not yet played today.

I have a YA who is applying for scholarships. He got one of the three. What is up with that? Normally, the Sims in my household have received at least two of the three, but not this Sim. True enough, I created him as a YA in CAS, whereas the others all went to high school. Does this have anything to do with it? I moved this Sim from his own household but neglected to bring any of his finances with him. :open_mouth: He may have to take out a loan from his future father-in-law. What a blow to his YA Ego.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Thanks @Caerfinon but I'm vanilla at the mo.
    @JAL that's meh. I hope you didn't have to replay too much.
    @GalacticGal scholarships always seem fairly random for me, if I'm applying for the basics like the location one and education for all.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,981 Member
    edited April 6
    This spellcaster lady I'm playing taking out broom all the time instead of walking
    when she doesn't even own a broom *sighs*

OqQvuCd.png
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    @Simmingal she reminds me of the matchmaker lady from a previous sim version (can't remember if it was 2 or 3). I guess you can't even delete the broom if she doesn't really have one, how annoying. Or maybe it's an invisible broom and only appears during usage.

My bugbear from today: my horse keeps following my sims around wanting to chat. It squeezes itself into the small greenhouse and stands in the plants while they are gardening. Lol.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,981 Member
    @elanorbreton I took look around AHQ and it seems it might be game assigned walkby trait i might be able to remove with cheat

will try tomorrow hopefully that solves it :sweat_smile:

also yes matchmaker lady from ts2 :)
    she lives in recreation of ts3 fortunetellers wagon too so its bit of both games though ;)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free