Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[CC] How to make masterpiece jewelry?

ยซ1
Even with perfectionists at max focus and max needs, my sims only ever make excellent jewelry. At least until one randomly made a masterpiece earring set! I didn't even know jewelry could be masterpieces until it happened. Does anyone know how to craft masterpiece jewelry?

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    Even with perfectionists at max focus and max needs, my sims only ever make excellent jewelry. At least until one randomly made a masterpiece earring set! I didn't even know jewelry could be masterpieces until it happened. Does anyone know how to craft masterpiece jewelry?
    If itโ€™s like the painter career the more experience they have the more masterpieces they tend to make. I donโ€™t know, but I guess it is possible it could depend on your moodlets too.
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    If itโ€™s like the painter career the more experience they have the more masterpieces they tend to make. I donโ€™t know, but I guess it is possible it could depend on your moodlets too.

She has loads of experience. Even with max focus from buffs, she only makes excellent jewelry. I just can't figure out how she was able to craft the masterpiece that one time.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,676 Member

She has loads of experience. Even with max focus from buffs, she only makes excellent jewelry. I just can't figure out how she was able to craft the masterpiece that one time.

I'd like to know, too, but I also like the idea of masterpieces being very rare. I would expect skill+rare gems+focused mood would be enough, but maybe it should rather be inspired mood, and maybe the moon phase comes into play, too?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    Have you considered the Creative Visionary trait from the reward store? It helps creating masterpieces with painting so I expect it might also help with crystals.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    edited March 20

I'd like to know, too, but I also like the idea of masterpieces being very rare. I would expect skill+rare gems+focused mood would be enough, but maybe it should rather be inspired mood, and maybe the moon phase comes into play, too?

Yeah, I think from artists itโ€™s the inspired moodlet they are supposed to have. Iโ€™m not sure for jewelry making though. And, I bet you are right that the moon might have something to do with it,
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    there is masterpiece jewellery ?????
    *no simmingal no you will not be perfectionist and keep making same jewellery until it is masterpiece excellent is enough*
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    Came across this when searching Isabel's inventory for a piece of jewelry to charge.

4r5n6oh.png
  • Options
    edited March 21
    I also think the focused mood provides a better chance of making a masterpiece. One of the tasks in the aspiration is to create jewelry while focused.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,610 Member
    I also think the focused mood provides a better chance of making a masterpiece. One of the tasks in the aspiration is to create jewelry while focused.
    Is masterpiece in jewelry even possible? I had my sims focus and the top of their craft, with rare materials and excellent was the best rating crafted items received.
  • Options
    edited March 21
    Yes, it's possible. OP said her sim crafted a masterpiece and the charging info I posted above indicates it's possible.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited March 21
    I don't think just being focused is enough simmingal has been very focused surrounded by gems and not resulting in any masterpieces

then again simmingal is also always tense due to her vampiric flaws

and i don't have anything with orange topaz in it
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    I also don't think focused is enough. You also need to wear a piece of charged orange topaz jewelry to increase the chance of producing a masterpiece.
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 maybe it would help if you wear orange topaz while crafting the jewelry because the article on sims community site, ( @rosemow thanks for the link),
    list all the powers the stones have and it says :
    "Orange Topaz
    Sims will gain creative skills faster, are more likely to create masterpieces, will not get writers block, and will not burn out on creative activities as fast"--have to try it.
    https://simscommunity.info/2024/03/01/sims-4-crystal-creations-effects/ I will try it later tonight and see if it works. @DaniRose2143 made some pieces with orange topaz and she might be able to tell us sooner.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,859 Member
    @LeucosiaX I haven't tried it yet but I can go to Aurora's save and try it. Londyn might be the better choice because she's almost to level 9 gemology, but she doesn't have any orange topaz pieces. Give a little bit and I'll try it out.๐Ÿ™‚ Maybe somebody else can confirm it faster.
  • Options
    edited March 22
    @LeucosiaX I haven't tried it yet but I can go to Aurora's save and try it. Londyn might be the better choice because she's almost to level 9 gemology, but she doesn't have any orange topaz pieces. Give a little bit and I'll try it out.๐Ÿ™‚ Maybe somebody else can confirm it faster.

I will try tonight. Skelita might have a orange topaz bracelet. I will post it if successful. @DaniRose2143
  • Options
    edited March 22
    @LeucosiaX I found that wearing the orange topaz jewelry has the opposite effect. I made sure Aurora's jewelry was charged up and I had her wear all four pieces and everything came out normal quality. I had her take everything off and she went back to making excellent quality items again.

She's a level 8 gemology skill and has the creative visionary trait. I have a cheat that allows me to set emotional states and it didn't matter if she was very focused or very inspired. With either emotion she only made normal quality jewelry while wearing her orange topaz pieces.
  • Options
    edited March 22
    Isabel wears charged orange topaz jewelry while crafting. She's level 10 Gemology. She's also very focused when crafting. All of created pieces are excellent. No masterpieces.
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 @DaniRose2143 interesting. I don't know who OP is but do they know how?
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 @DaniRose2143 Aurora was at 95% of level 5 gemology when I had her make the first piece that came out normal. So I used a cheat to make her a level 8 but she still didn't make excellent quality pieces until she took her orange topaz jewelry off. Even after I made her a level 8 and used the best available design, metal, and gemstone she was still stuck at normal quality.
  • Options
    Seems completely random. I'm good with excellent. ๐Ÿ™‚
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    Mel made an orange topaz skull and while it was on the charger under a full moon she painted 3 masterpiece painting's in a row but when I moved the skull inside on the gemology table and had her make a Edwardian gothic ring it was only excellent. Level 10 gemology, focused, inspired and playful moodlets going strong. The op did say randomly, maybe that's the trick. I'll try that after a bit, she was getting 3 gems at a time from digging 1 rock and there dozens outside the science lab! LoL she didn't get any job tasks done but I am replacing all the gems and metals that went missing. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿฆน๐Ÿฆ‡
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 @simgirl1010 @Atreya33 I tried the orange topaz and the creative visionary rewards, when once she was making excellent, they all turned out normal. It would probably have to do with being in the perfect mood or something like that.
  • Options
    Mel made an orange topaz skull and while it was on the charger under a full moon she painted 3 masterpiece painting's in a row but when I moved the skull inside on the gemology table and had her make a Edwardian gothic ring it was only excellent. Level 10 gemology, focused, inspired and playful moodlets going strong. The op did say randomly, maybe that's the trick. I'll try that after a bit, she was getting 3 gems at a time from digging 1 rock and there dozens outside the science lab! LoL she didn't get any job tasks done but I am replacing all the gems and metals that went missing. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿฆน๐Ÿฆ‡

Oh I will try charing the orange topaz- that part I forgot @LuvtehGeeks
  • Options
    @LeucosiaX I think you're right. It has to be a perfect combination of skill level, mood, and which designs, metals, and gems your sims uses. The description didn't mention it helping with gemology so it's hard to tell if that was an oversight or a deliberate choice.

I hope the charging works for you. I hade Aurora fully charge and get right to work on crafting jewelry and everything she made was still just normal quality.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,676 Member
    I'm keeping an eye on this thread! I can see a masterpiece item in my own game causing chaos among the nobility ladies. I guess the Jeweler can charge some extra simoleons when they all fight over the only masterpiece necklace in the entire kingdom. Most likely the Queen will win that auction.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg