May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do with a sim that has job "burn out"?

My sim is at the top of the Science career but all of a sudden he is getting these crazy black moods and the game says he is "burned out" at his job and unless I do something about it there will be real problems. OK, I want him to stay in that job but I don't want him to turn into a vegetable either. What should be done? He loves exercise so should I just have him change careers and go into the Athlete career and give up his position at the lab?

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,058 Member
    edited March 15
    I think the idea is to have your sim hit the spa or do some other skill stuff or take some vacation days, anything that resolves tense moodlet really

like for example with mental career burn out the game usually tells you to work on creative skills or whatever and that solves it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    Maybe take a vacation.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,987 Member
    edited March 16
    Your sim needs to do some activity that doesn't use the same skillset as their job.
    If they are a scientist, they are probably doing a lot of mental skills. Try a creative or athletic or fun/relaxation activity for a couple of hours.
    You can look at the moodlet to see if it gets down-arrows on it while you're doing the other activity.

• Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,945 Member
    When my sims get burn out, I send them to the spa for a day or on vacation or a day at the beach, getting a tan and building sand castles, etc.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,229 Member
    Vacation and spa day!
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 951 Member
    Yup, my judge sim often takes bath with soaks when he is burnt out.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,473 Member
    My sim just had a burn out as well, the very first in my game. He took a day off from work and focused on horse riding, nectar making and cutting crystals. The moodlet is gone now and the notification on the job panel as well. Let's hope it stays away now.

I will look at skill sets from now on and try to vary a bit more in their free time.
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 333 Member
    I’ve never had this happen! That’s interesting. This game keeps surprising.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 970 Member
    I use MCC to remove the moodlet. :D
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,987 Member
    @RySBI It's a feature from Growing Together :)
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 999 Member
    I've had a few of them. One sim took a day off at the beach, other sims just had to do different things that weren't job related or anything they were doing that was goal oriented. I even had a teen get into the pre-burnout stage. You do get a warning before a full-blown burnout.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    My sims have jobs? Haha, they are way too lazy and unmotivated for that!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    I've had mine go on vacation, go to the spa etc, but by far the fastest I've seen the burnout disappear was when I had a sim sit in the hot springs!
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    My sim is outdoorsy so I send him camping or to the mountains
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 185 Member
    edited March 27
    They can get a burn out? Uff... my favorite Sim gets a tense moodlet very often when he comes back from work (top of the artist career), although painting is what he really appreciates to do... hm. But until now, he never had any kind of burn out. Is it even possible that it happens to young adults (in real life, yes of course!)?

Edited to add: Yes, I do have Growing Together, so I am still concerned.
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    edited March 27
    Honestly? I usually cheat the moodlet away. :D (but doing a bit of yoga helps as well.)
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,229 Member
    @FraTac love them cheats! 😁
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    lock them in a pool with a fence around it?
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,265 Member
    My doctor recovered fast by dancing and reading. Painting, reading, and video games have also worked
    image.png
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    edited March 30
    lock them in a pool with a fence around it?

Doctor Evil: "Yes! A pool full of sharks with freakin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
    MysetWw.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    My scientist comes home and makes a beeline for her yoga mat. You can also use the freeze ray on co-workers to increase their job site fun and get a nice buff. 😁🦹🦇
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options

Work burn out is a real thing. I'm guilty of setting my alarm clock earlier so I can keep hitting the snooze button. :(
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,998 Member
    One of my computer techie sims got it… I just had him use his wife’s easel.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,806 Member
    Have him do something fun. Everybody needs a break once in awhile, right?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited April 4
    I honestly haven't had job burnout for any of my Sims. I guess they have too much fun already? :D

I had quite the opposite problem. Had to get a mod to disable "death by laughter" since I was losing way too many people that way! :p
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png