Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you organize jewelry crafting/orders?

A few of my sims do craft some of their own jewelry, but I don't want all of them to be into gemology. Most will need help from others to craft their desired crystal creations. But I'm not quite sure how to organize it all.

Say the royal family owns one piece of Gold and one piece of Ruby. I imagine the royal palace employee head over to my best jeweller, "ordering" a set of earrings. He will then gift those two items to the Jeweller. I will then switch houses to the Jeweller's house, having her create the set of earrings, using the gold and ruby. So far so good. But then, the Jeweller can invite over that palace employee, but can not gift the earrings to him as a regular inventory gift. She has to gift them as Jewelry to wear with current outfit.

So, what happens to the piece of earrings afterwards? Can the palace employee return to the palace, remove hose earrings from his outfit, placing them on a table. Can I then move the object to the Queens's dressing room? Can she choose to wear them with her current outfit, or will the game think they belong to the employee?

Is there any other way to transfer jewelry items between sims and households?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited March 9
    This is just an idea but not sure if the devs will think it's a bug and take away the option. I hope not.

When I save a tiny or residential lot to the gallery or game library, any jewelry on the charging station stays when you place the lot. So what I'm doing is making jewelry I want new sims to use, putting it on the charging station and saving the lot to the gallery or game library. Then I buy the lot for a new sim and after waiting for the jewelry to charge I have them wear it.

So you can put a charging station out in front of the jeweler's store and have the sim you want to get the jewelry, go pick it up. (May not work like that, see below.)

Eta. If you get ownership problem, just use the build mode and make a 1 tile room and save it to your library. Then when you play that household, you can say they get a charging station with the jewelry delivery. They can either buy the station or it can be a complementary gift with their purchase.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Have you tried chain gifting? If the palace employee is in the same "household" as the royal family, then they can swap them fairly easily (I had my test family do this regularly. Heck she created the ring he proposed with, and all I did was move it from the crafting table to his inventory)

Otherwise, chain gifting, if that's an option, might work. Gift it to the employee who then gifts it to the royal family.

I also thought you could use the regular gifting option to gift the jewelry, but I may be misremembering.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    You could have the jeweler pay a visit to the queen at her palace and gift her the jewelry directly. I imagine he or she would be quite honored to do this and the queen will be delighted with her new baubles.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    edited March 9
    crocobaura wrote: »
    You could have the jeweler pay a visit to the queen at her palace and gift her the jewelry directly. I imagine he or she would be quite honored to do this and the queen will be delighted with her new baubles.

The Queen has some fame, meaning the Jeweler can only "attempt conversation" - no gifting possible to sims with a higher level of fame. (edit- too hard to make them friends first...)
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Have you tried chain gifting? If the palace employee is in the same "household" as the royal family, then they can swap them fairly easily (I had my test family do this regularly. Heck she created the ring he proposed with, and all I did was move it from the crafting table to his inventory)

Otherwise, chain gifting, if that's an option, might work. Gift it to the employee who then gifts it to the royal family.

I also thought you could use the regular gifting option to gift the jewelry, but I may be misremembering.

I will try the chain gifting if needed. But regular gifting from inventory to inventory is not possible with jewelry. Edit: I just patched my game, and yaaay - it is indeed possible to gift jewelry as friendly gifts (from inventory to inventory!)

@DragonAge_300905 Ah, the crafting table tip might become useful. I never thought of the customer actually picking it up directly from the table. Might be a good solution.

Thanks all! I'm learning so much! Maybe there are even more strategies?
    Post edited by Simmerville on
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 11
    Maybe royal family would want to have special servant for their jewellery needs living in the servants quarters? sounds like something royal family would do
    and it would make it easier to get the jewellery to queen safe and sound
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Maybe royal family would want to have special servant for their jewellery needs living in the servants quarters? sounds like something royal family would do
    and it would make it easier to get the jewellery to queen safe and sound

Yes, you are right. Having a carrier moving between households is the fastest way. I'd did that if I had only the royal house on that jeweller's customers list. But I have about 50 noble homes with a certain interest in getting their polite hands on those jewelries. I also imagine they already own a few sets, especially the Edwardian Gothic design.

I just started a new temporary save, had 4 jewellers move into a lot, maxed their geology skill and specialized them; one to create only bracelets, one to create necklaces, and so on. Then I had numerous sets crafted in no time and placed each set on a table in a 5x5 room. This room was already saved o my gallery and loaded to my real Jeweller's garden. Then I tried different ways to hand out the goods, but the only way is to have her visit them and hand it over in person as personal gifts. I tried placing the room on a community lot for all their butlers to pick up their master's set, but it did not work. And she can not just invite over a member of each noble house because she doesn't already know them. Summon them with the teleporter could work, but as this Jeweller is actually a baroness herself, it is a good chance for her to greet society.

Personal gifts work fine and quick though. It is not as time consuming as I feared. I don't dare packing each set of 4 items into some box/chest, as I worry the bug that makes photos go black might haunt me with the jewlry...

Another benefit from having the oldest sets crafted in a temp save is that the crafter's name is no longer found when pointing at the jewelry. Would look weird if the stuff was "1100 years old" and my current Jeweller's name was on it...
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Yeah, I have a photographer and a painter that I can move into other households to take photographs and paintings. I always leave one person in their household when I move them though, and then move them back, I’m assuming if they are in the same household that they could gift it, if not maybe they could just leave it on a table at the Queens house before moving the person back to their own house. If not you can always have the jeweler make a little room with the jewelry, upload it to the gallery and then download it to the queen,