Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do we do with the cut crystals?

I've tried to figure this out on my own because it seems such a silly thing to be confused about but I can't figure out for the life of me how to use the crystals that my sim has cut. If there's a way to use them to make jewelry, it has escaped me. Are we supposed to just set them out as decorations?
HcmCUds.jpg
Life needs an undo button.

Comments

• Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited March 5
    If you mean the cut gemstones, they can be charged if you want. I think they work like jewelry that is worn and effect the room they're placed in, but I'm not sure. You can also sell them on the crafting table, from your inventory, or the sales table. Eta You can't sell them on plopsy but you can sell jewelry on plopsy

To make jewelry that you wear, you need to click on design jewelry and choose, a necklace, ring, or earrings design, then the metal, and then the crystal.

I hope that helps.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited March 5
    Yep. If you charge them, their effect is felt nearby - roughly 2-3 squares in radius - and you can put the effect on "hold" (and delay the usage of the charge) by putting it in a sim's inventory.

Otherwise, they're just pretty decor
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Ah, tysm fellow simmers. I figured that that was probably the case but I hated the thought of missing out on some hidden ability. I supposed I'll be putting some particularly useful ones on the coffee table then. :smile:
    HcmCUds.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 5
    double post please delete
    Post edited by FatTribble23 on
    HcmCUds.jpg
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    @FatTribble23 not sure if you know this already but the "cut seed-like gemstone" one can be planted to grow the crystal tree.
  • Options
    Starfree wrote: »
    @FatTribble23 not sure if you know this already but the "cut seed-like gemstone" one can be planted to grow the crystal tree.

Yes! I did know about that one and have my tree now. Working our way towards magnificent for the aspiration. :smiley:
    HcmCUds.jpg
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 717 Member
    edited March 5
    Because of the bug for wearing and removing jewelry, I think gems are our only option to gain the effects of charged crystals. I want to learn as much as I can about using the gems. I hope someone makes a video.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I love the fact that the charged gems make jewelry other than just looking pretty. They have the power to do many things, which I like. I love the many things that spellcasters can do others cannot. After playing a "normal" sim, I like the idea that they will be able to do things like spellcasters do, only without being magic. :p
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I remember reading somewhere that children cannot wear crafted jewellery, so cut gemstones, when charged, could be the only way for children (and younger) to benefit from their effects as well. Can someone confirm whether or not this is the case?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

Does the crystal tree grow and produce crystals in winter when planted outside? I am tempted to plant an orchard in Mt. Komorebi.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Does the crystal tree grow and produce crystals in winter when planted outside? I am tempted to plant an orchard in Mt. Komorebi.

I mostly grow my trees indoor, but when outdoor it gives no info on what Season is the right season, so my understanding is that it grows all year.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 7
    I remember reading somewhere that children cannot wear crafted jewellery, so cut gemstones, when charged, could be the only way for children (and younger) to benefit from their effects as well. Can someone confirm whether or not this is the case?

Give me about 2-3 days (real time) My gemologist just had a baby in game. :wink:
    Possibly less if I find having an infant/toddler around makes things too crazy in game.

Update #1 - To no one's surprise (but more than a few people's dissapointment, I'm sure) to the best of my ability to test, Infants and Toddlers gain no advantage from charged crystals, even ones like Amathyst (that increase energy faster when sleeping) I'll age the kid up to child tomorrow and check again.
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Does anyone know if cut crystals affect the environmental score? Do they give a decorated moodlet?
  • Options
    Good news! Children *are* affected by Crystals
    ODj2163.png

So it's just infants and toddlers that miss out. Either that or I never got the littles close enough to the crystals.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Good news! Children *are* affected by Crystals

So it's just infants and toddlers that miss out. Either that or I never got the littles close enough to the crystals.

Just put the crystals under their crib. :lol: