Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Emergency Patch Released 3/6/24

simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member
No details on removing the in-game shopping cart.

https://x.com/TheSimsDirect/status/1765137764201165236?s=20
e3c5xjR.png
Rc8OgCN.png
He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
Post edited by simmerorigin on

Comments

• Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 633 Member
    Glad to hear, but I will continue playing offline on version 1.104 until even more dust settles. But progress is a good thing
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    Jordan1975Jordan1975 Posts: 29 Member
    edited March 6
    I'd rather they fixed all the issues we have with the game, and not just focusing on the new bugs, but there are alot of older ones that are still being reported, and not getting fixed. It's rather annoying that right now they're only focusing on the minor or the new major ones that pop up. I'd also like to add that maybe some of the older bugs are coming to the surface with each new pack, and update. What I think the Sims team may need to do is add pack by pack to find all the bugs, and put out a fix. I know that won't happen, but it would fix the game. Still I think the older bugs might be part of the problem as alot of them have been overlooked. Just my thoughts though.
    Post edited by Jordan1975 on
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I'm glad it's being fixed and hoping we'll get a time frame soon.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    This is good news. I am glad that the team is on top of things and ironing out the severe bugs of the recent patch.
    Jordan1975 wrote: »
    I'd rather they fixed all the issues we have with the game, and not just focusing on the new bugs, but there are alot of older ones that are still being reported, and not getting fixed. It's rather annoying that right now they're only focusing on the minor or the new ones that pop up.

I also hope all bugs get fixed but I don't expect that to happen in one patch. This patch seems to be a step in the right direction. The disappearing moodlets is a severe one as far as I can understand because it interrupts counters needed in the background. This bug can mess up gameplay.

Unfortunately this patch doesn't address the shopping cart.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I'd rather they fixed all the issues we have with the game, and not just focusing on the new bugs, but there are alot of older ones that are still being reported, and not getting fixed. It's rather annoying that right now they're only focusing on the minor or the new ones that pop up.

These "minor" bugs are pretty major, tbh. Game straight up will crash if you try and look into an inventory with stackable items (like brooms I know for certain), the disappearing moodlets every time you save & reload, and of course the distortion of sims are all pretty big glitches.

I understand wanting more bug fixes in general, but these are chosen for an emergency patch for a reason. These are some big "oopsies."
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    Glad to see this patch coming as these are some issues that really need dealing with asap.

I’m not surprised there’s no mention of the shopping cart. I sadly don’t expect them to remove it at all, but I’ll definitely be glad if they do (for those who have it).
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    This is good news. I am glad that the team is on top of things and ironing out the severe bugs of the recent patch.

I also hope all bugs get fixed but I don't expect that to happen in one patch. This patch seems to be a step in the right direction. The disappearing moodlets is a severe one as far as I can understand because it interrupts counters needed in the background. This bug can mess up gameplay.

The shopping cart doesn’t bother me, the bugs do….
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »

The shopping cart doesn’t bother me, the bugs do….

It's kind of funny how those two are related. :lol:
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    I've got to admit between being a little torn...

On the one hand - good job for being responsive and staying on top of emerging problems.

On the other hand - maybe a little more quality testing before the next release is in order. I think people would be willing to wait for a fully working product.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I'm so glad that they are getting an emergency patch out because these bugs have stopped me updating the game and getting Crystal Creations for my witch sim. It is so frustrating when every new pack and patch breaks new parts of the game. There are so many variables, so I get that there are going to be random bugs, but there are bugs that haven't been fixed for YEARS. It's so disappointing.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited March 6
    Good that they are able to release emergency patches. It is appreciated.

There needs to be more resources allocated to prevent these bugs from happening in the first place though, surely the disappearing moodlet one could have been found and corrected before release? But after 10 years it's becoming tiring to point this out when a major bug is happening.

I remember the old bugs we had with all sims reacting like the food was spicy, or the cats & dogs bug which removed all premade pets from a new game... good times.

Actually, not good times, bad times. Anyway, not looking forward to one day be greeted by the shopping cart either. I bet I am going to be recommended Horse Ranch because I made a garden salad.

• Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,039 Member
    I agree that more quality testing and possibly letting simmers beta test in larger numbers before actual release would be a good idea. The number of bugs are astounding, long lasting as well as new.

I doubt the shopping cart will be removed before their little "test" is over. What I hope is that 1) no one will use the feature, ever! 2) that everyone keeps complaining, loudly about it and 3) that everyone that can mods it out. I don't know if they can measure the last part, but if their evaluation shows that the shopping cart is a failure in getting more sales, then they might see it as an incentive for them to remove it. In fact lack of profits is likely the ONLY incentive they'll have. No amount of "I don't like it" or even "I can't play with it because I get sick" will remove that blasted thing if they make a profit from it.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    PhillipaErdnussPhillipaErdnuss Posts: 74 Member
    @JAL I just saw your signature - and it gave me the idea to update my signature, thanks for the inspiration👍😃
    Phillipa Erdnuss
    Mayoress of SimCity and all associated districts
    Let this cart-button disappear!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I've got to admit between being a little torn...

On the one hand - good job for being responsive and staying on top of emerging problems.

On the other hand - maybe a little more quality testing before the next release is in order. I think people would be willing to wait for a fully working product.

I agree with you on that. More Quality Control is called for. Something I'm noticing is lacking in more than just this game. Don't mind me, I'm a spoiled American.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I feel like there are so many thoughts and people can come off pretentious, but just like that aging bug from changing clothes I'm glad they are working on it quickly and letting us know about it. I feel like sometimes people point out "old bugs" and not much detail. I've had problems but I don't always hear about what others have it's just they don't fix blah blah. Better to give detailed reports and examples in pictures or videos then be glad for anything major like this being caught. It is a business sometimes they need to get projects out and moving to keep money for more time for more fixes don't mind me it's just tiring sometimes, I was just on a break obsessing over some other games again but will wait to see how the patch goes before I come back with some new test sims.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited March 6
    @PhillipaErdnuss To be fair, the inspiration for me came from Cato the Elder :) But always happy to spread a good idea.

@RedDestiny92 You're right that details are important. So here are some for me:
    • Chefs show up outside the restaurant, but never goes inside to start cooking (Dine out)
    • If the chefs do cook you're lucky if the waiters do not forget you, put dirty dishes on your table or give your food to someone else (Dine Out)
    • In game photos go black randomly in game (problem since Growing Together)
    • At weddings sims won't take a seat unless there are chairs to sit on as benches or pews do not count for some reason (MWS)
    • At weddings officiant won't do what they are supposed to, clicking the wedding arch and choose say vows with officiant won't lead to anything. (MWS)
    • Also at weddings choosing say vows and spousal kiss won't work and lead to any interaction. The only action that works is 'say vows' (MWS)
    • Half the time no one will make a toast even when directed to do so (MWS)
    • As far as I know, plants will still not grow flowers in the lab after you've picked them once, making some work actions impossible (GTW)

And these are just a few that bothers me, personally. There is also a list on AHQ that you can find here.

But yes, I am glad they are addressing these very serious errors quickly.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    Jordan1975Jordan1975 Posts: 29 Member
    For gardening we need to go back to Outdoor Retreat with herbalism, Get Together has the club Garden Gnomes, and Get to Work for the Scientist career. This ties in with Cottage Living and what's happening with dirt piles reverting back. I haven't touched MWS or Dine Out for awhile, but I do know what is wrong with some of the newer packs, and it goes as far back as 2015.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I'm happy that they're taking this seriously and addressing this ASAP. But as happy I am they're working on a fix, I'm equally as frustrated that it happened in the first place. I honestly don't understand how something like this occurs in quality checks before releasing a pack. My game is completely unplayable due to crashing from having multiple items stacked in the inventory. It's just so ridiculous to me to keep releasing new packs on top of a buggy engine. How long has the gardening bug been in play....5+ years? & MWS...lets not talk about that pack...getting Sims to sit down or do anything is a miracle.
    & so to add the shopping cart to the UI in a live game, just seems like such a low blow to me. The packs are advertised as soon as The Sims loads. We don't need a shopping cart in game to buy more packs, especially when this game is extremely buggy.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    edited March 7
    Patch Notes

Update 3/6/2024
    PC: 1.105.345.1020 / Mac: 1.105.345.1220
    Console: 1.89

Sul Sul,

Today’s update contains a number of critical fixes addressing the community’s top reported issues over the past week. In the interest of deploying these fixes faster, this update will follow a staggered release cadence. The update is available immediately on PC, Mac, and Xbox, and will arrive on PlayStation soon thereafter. Thanks for your detailed reports via our AHQ forum that allowed us to investigate these issues quickly.

-The Sims 4 Team

Bug Fixes

The Sims 4
    Updated some performance optimizations that had caused certain moodlets to inadvertently be removed from Sims on load.

Fixed a crash that would occur if a tooltip was triggered when in the hover state on objects within a Sim’s inventory.

Fixed an issue with object picker UI menus that - when certain conditions were met - would interfere with Sims’ ability to run various “Give” interactions (interactions where objects would be given to other Sims).

Once learned, the WooHoo Interests of other Sims will once again be displayed accurately in that Sims’ Profile Panel.

For Rent
    You should once again be able to successfully open the Profile Panel of another Sim after Eavesdropping on them and see any secrets that were learned about them.

Crystal Creations

Corrected an issue where Sims’ bodies would gradually change in size each time a Sim put on or took off crafted jewelry. This issue primarily affected Teens, Adults, and Elders. There was minimal impact to Young Adults.
    While this issue will no longer occur, this update does not retroactively fix the appearance of Sims who had already been altered. There are two methods we can suggest for manually restoring your Sims:

You can restore an older save file that was saved prior to any crafted jewelry being worn by your Sims.

On PC/Mac, please visit our video guide or text guide for instructions on restoring older save files.

On PlayStation/Xbox, select “Load Game” from the main menu, and choose an older save file.

You can take your Sim into CAS by using the “Change Sim” interaction on a Mirror or Dresser object, and then manipulate your Sim’s body to reasonably approximate their prior appearance.

For players with The Sims 4 Get to Work, crafted jewelry can now be sold at Retail businesses without being returned to the business owner Sims’ inventory when traveling away from the Retail lot.

If a Sim dies while wearing crafted jewelry, that jewelry will now be disassociated with the now-dead Sim when the jewelry is returned to the household’s inventory.

Updated some combinations of crafting jewelry that were resulting in a gemstone color that did not match the crystal that was selected when crafting.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1013514/critical-updates-for-top-community-issues#latest
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Glad we got a speedy release. Hopefully it wasn't too rushed. Gonna wait until the dust settles out and see what mods break and hold off from updating until then.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    This issue primarily affected Teens, Adults, and Elders. There was minimal impact to Young Adults.
    Ah, that would explain it. I was wondering why I had the crashes, but not the distortion. Looks I did have that bug, just didn't notice.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,023 Member
    Very happy to see these fixes listed in the notes! I'm anxious to hear follow-up reports from other players, especially those who own the Crystal pack, but things sound promising. 😊 Thank you, Sims 4 Team!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Hi @JAL the bug with chefs not entering the restaurant was fixed last April in patch 1.97.42/1.73, have you experienced it since then?
    The bugs with wedding arches are things that can happen if you have multiple arches on the lot.
    There was an old bug with the officiant not doing anything, but it has long since been fixed.

The benches... no kidding! Why don't benches count as seating?

And yep, plants at the science lab, still broken... because all plants in the game are programmed to develop between 5:30 and 7am, when we cannot be at the science lab! it's just a design oversight that still hasn't been fixed (redesigned I guess)

• Options
    MagicPigeonMagicPigeon Posts: 13 New Member
    They should’ve done this before unleashing hell. Two epatches aren’t enough to convince me to buy more stuff. Cause I know it’s gonna ruin my game.