Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Colour schemes in your neighbourhoods?

dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
I foolishly committed to overhauling my save, going world by world. And just as I finished Brindleton Bay, I noticed I had accidentally given everyone a noticeable colour scheme - as my friend put it, 'the different scrub colours of an nhs hospital'.

42dsf4x75oru.png

This led me to check on my other worlds.

Glimmerbrook is thrown off by my mischief sage's choice of hair colour, but apart from that I see blue, pink and yellow.
Tlfu8GH.png

Strangerville is red/pink.
jOC0gg5.png

And its a bit redundant with only two households, but Forgotten hollow is muted or grey/brown.
cWV0fxD.png

I am never this organised on purpose.

Have you noticed a trend in your own sims or between sims in different worlds, intentionally or otherwise? Or is it completely random?

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,412 Member
    All my sims are created at different times, at least months apart, so their clothing choices and coloring depends on my inspiration at the moment and whatever packs were available at that time. Some have weird choices but they rarely get to wear pastels. I would say the theme with my sims' clothing is jeans, everybody's got at least a jeans outfit.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I haven't really made worlds color coded, but I have noticed a lot of my sims don't like the color yellow. It happened by accident. I usually just choose the first color that stands out to me when choosing disliked colors. I base their outfits on their liked colors, usually one main and one accent color.

I'm more likely to have sims in the same household be color coordinated rather than all households in a specific world. That's intentio all though.

Not related to color but another intentional thing I tend to do is give my sims the same initials for their first and last name (i.e. Dawn Dudley, Dylan Dyson, etc.). I'm not sure exactly why I do this, I just do.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,346 Member
    Oh, interesting question!

The sims in Tartosa/Sulani (same world in my story) have lots of light blue and black in their outfits. I may have had the ocean in mind?

Black Spire (since we cannot live there the actual households are spread across Chestnut Ridge, Willow Creek and Newcrest) has darker blues and a lot of brown tones.

Everyone in Strangerville is in uniform most of the time. Their leisure wear is all over the place colorwise.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,676 Member
    I don’t have color coded world populations. Most sims wear a variety of things. But, some individual main sims or groups definitely have color themes.

Morgyn Ember was already dressing mostly in Untamed red and black when I pulled him out to play. I kept that and added gray and off white to his personal palette. He has a few items that aren’t in that color scheme, but not many.

I dress Spellcasters in the colors for the different schools of magic, paired with black and gray as neutrals. I use gold as an alternate color when it’s available.

Vampires go all goth in black, red and purple.

Oberon Lazuli dresses in midnight blue, black and gray, as is fitting for the owner of the Blue Moon Tavern.

Musette and Eldon Leif are nature fae, so they dress in greens, browns and natural white.

Nalani wears bright, citrusy tropical colors.

Mayor De Lune of Mooncrest dressed in dignified gray suits, as fit his political image. I suppose he continued that tradition after his death, but it’s hard to tell with ghosts. It doesn’t matter much, because he won the last election in a landslide anyway.

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,466 Member
    I do color themes for individual Sims so each of their outfits will usually contain one of two colors. I have occasionally had a group of Sims match a color theme, but this is more likely when there's a specific reason for it, like Dracula's three Brides all wear white, black and red and they match for every occasion. But I've never matched a town population before, that's an interesting idea. Maybe if I ever do my Sim neighborhood version of "The People of Innsmouth" (Simsmouth) I'll do a color palette for it, including the lots.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I have certain tastes so my sims end up being influenced by that. I really like the colors of blue and green so I probably skew toward having those colors. I have different colors represented though. I'd say there's some purple, red, white, orange and various patterns but I probably have more sims wearing blue, green or turquoise than the average player. I sometimes put sims in orange or yellow or white to coordinate with all of the blue, green and turquoise. Lol.

My sims probably more often wear either flowy boho stuff or polished/preppy looks or basics. I do have a few rockers. I don't have all goths but I may have a few now. I tend to use 3-5 daily outfits per sim and a lot of them have multiple outfits in different categories. A lot of lady sims will have a mix of dresses, skirts and casual outfits with pants. I definitely use the dresses. Male sims tend to look clean and may wear coordinated outfits or neat sweaters or layers. I don't use a lot of ripped up pants, but occasionally, I have a few that do. Most sims look "nice". Anyone can end up looking a bit like Leo DiCaprio in 1997 with floppy hair and loose patterned shirts. Haha.

As for organizing sims by world, I mean, most are similar but there may be a few differences. Oasis Springs sims are dressed like it's almost always summer. Willow Creek is seasonal and "normal". Windenburg and Henford are maybe even more euro-style. Henford does have a British style as does the non-dorm neighborhood in Britechester. Strangerville, Evergreen Harbor and Copperdale have some average "Americans". Chestnut Ridge will probably be like that with a southwestern slant (which Strangerville also has). Moonwood Mill will probably be all flannel and basics. Sulani is all summery islandwear and swimming attire. Brindleton is preppy with more cool weather clothes. San Myshuno is interesting and anything can go there, the style is probably more individual. I just have a few residents in Newcrest because I mainly use community lots there but it's seasonal like Willow Creek.

So, I do match the clothing a bit to the world, the household and the weather conditions, obviously. I probably have more boho sims in wild patterns than others but I'm someone who isn't afraid of patterns. I'm not too maximal but I'll use bold fashions. I'll have a sim wear a bold top and then muted other layers with matching accessories. Male sims tend to wear watches. Sometimes lady sims wear the one from Vintage Glamour. I just have good taste, to be honest. Lol.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I don't color scheme a world. But I definitely do for households if there are many in it, but that's just so I can sort of tell who is who quickly or from a distance. I also color code their rooms, so again, it's easy for me to know which room to direct them to without having to think too much.

But I do know that the majority of characters I personally create, almost never ever use anything purple and rarely red. I also don't use pink too much because it's super hard to find pinks that actually match and are in the same shades ... it's either purply-pink or peachy-pink or hot pink in the clothing items I choose and of course you can never find matching bottoms with that same shade.