Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cheat needed for spell caster

I have typed testingcheats on After it says testing cheats enabled. I typed Stats.Set_StatRankedStatistic_WitchOccult_WitchXP50
I have also typed 0 and 350. I'm trying to reset the levels because I'm not getting talent points and my sim is almost rank 2.

Please don't lock this @EA_Cade because I'm not asking for help with the bug, I'm asking for help with the cheat. Totally different subject than bug reporting.

Comments

• Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I couldn't get the cheat to work, no matter how I typed it in, caps, no caps, space between xp and number, no space between xp and number. But I did get my game to starting working by saving my sim and starting a new game. I had turned on fame but it didn't work until I started a new game with fame on.

@EA_Cade you can lock it if you want I have posted the solution in this thread. Thank you for not locking it before I got it working.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    It is bugged indeed. That I'll say before it's locked. Check Answers HQ.
  • Options

I just figured I'm missing something because I couldn't get the cheat to work. The showhiddenobjects, rosebud, and motherlode cheats work. I'm missing a step in the cheat, I just don't know where because the testing cheats on works.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Oh, I'm surprised to see it being open.

Anyway, yeah, I don't know when it happened, but the progression bar for spellcasters (and spellcasters only) is bugged out. The next rank is registered when you input the rank higher than the one you want. Also, you have to raise the rank in order. If you immediately go to the max rank for example, nothing happens.
  • Options

It's still open because we're talking about the cheat not working which is not a bug, but a typing error. For the cheat experience, I typed zero and 350 as well as 50 for experience number. I have never been able to get the free realestate cheat to work either. Maybe I need a mod and I don't play any games with mods. I don't use mods in any of the games I play,

I have to have steam open the sims 4 because the EA app won't open the game. When I got this computer the sims 4 wouldn't work until I gave steam (valve) complete control of the game. The EA app doesn't like high end computers, this computer can run starfield with ultra settings. I can't play the sims 3 or medieval because this computer is too high end.

So maybe some of the cheats don't work because steam has control of the game. I know the EA app and steam fight for control because sometimes I can take screenshots and sometimes I can't.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    you can use ui cheats and option click the rank, or menu and unlock things. I found the spellcaster is still yet the hardest to cheat, because for the actual spells you still have to "learn" as in practice in game gameplay.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    you can use ui cheats and option click the rank, or menu and unlock things. I found the spellcaster is still yet the hardest to cheat, because for the actual spells you still have to "learn" as in practice in game gameplay.

I think mccc has a cheat to instantly learn all spells so you don't have to learn them all individually.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I seem to recall that cheating up a spellcaster's rank was always... iffy. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, and sometimes they'd get stuck at their new level and be unable to gain more points. But then, I haven't used it in quite a while
  • Options

Thanks everyone for your replies. I gave up on the cheat and since my sim's earning the talent points, I'm not worried about getting the cheat to work anymore.