Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Times Has Your Main Character/Sim Self Been Married?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    edited February 22
    I was going to say my sims are boring (or I am) and they do not divorce.. but then it hit me its not true,

Bob and Eliza once did, Same Nancy and Geoffrey. Bob married Nancy instead, Eliza married Caleb Vatore and Geoffrey married Babs L'Amour.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I don't play my Simself (she exists, I just don't play her.)

As for my "main character"... that varies, depending on the story I'm telling. Most of them only get married once or maybe twice. A few don't get married at all. And I think I've only had one with several marriages, but they were a vampire trying to find the reincarnation of their true love so...

I'm a child of divorce IRL, so I don't like creating bad marriages on purpose. I'll do it if that's what the story calls for, but I try to not make it neccissary.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    My Sim self has been married three times...to the same person! :D

So there they were, this power couple, (the partner being an uncanny alternate reality version of Reno from Final Fantasy 7), perfectly content to keep their romance lively, when suddenly there was a baby expected. Well, after they had had the baby for a while (just after she became a child) they finally decided to marry, but they did it privately, at their own home. It was such a happy occasion that Reno died of laughter. My poor Sim self tried to plead with Grim but was DENIED. So she was a widow and her genius little daughter (named Rena, after her dad) was very upset, determined to stalk the Grim Reaper, get her dad back, and take revenge when she grew up, because her poor mother was always going around in mourning attire and being dramatic. Well, while Rena was out chasing Grim, Reno's ghost showed up after his urn was put to rest in the back yard. So my Sim self rekindled their relationship and they all went for a family trip to Granite Falls to reconnect. It was a lovely time, and the couple renewed their vows there and continued on the best they could. But my Sim self made another vow...to bring Reno back to life, so their daughter wouldn't get herself on Grim's spit list and end up vaporized. So she gardened and cooked and worked and researched how to bring him back from the dead, and the day finally came when she successfully created the Ambrosia. Reno consumed it and - Lo! His form retook its shape and his life breath returned! Huzzah! So they married yet again, to seal the deal, and they all picked up where they had left off before his unexpected demise.

They are still together to this day, currently living in Chestnut Ridge on a sizeable chunk of land with some horses and goats and no one has died since, but my Sim self likes to keep Death Flowers growing nearby at all times, just in case. They have had other children and young Rena has grown up, attended Uni, and recently married, and lives nearby in a house with her husband, her brother and her best friend. She no longer stalks Grim, but she never forgot her plan for vengeance...until that time an Alien erased her memories. But she is almost fully back to her old self, and while in Uni, joined a secret Order and got herself some mysterious little powers of her own. Now it's only a matter of time before she meets the Reaper again one day and remembers...
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    I don't play as my Simself. My martriarch that I've had since 2019 has been married maybe 5-6 times. She is a vampire and outlived her spouses though, they didn't get divorced.

She hasn't been married though since they added the option of "friends with benefits" a couple years back. She's non-commital and a loner, so she's happier that way, without romances. Her children or grandchildren have occasionally been divorced, but generally only once if it happens. And I don't remember ever making it happen myself, it's always been something autonomous that caused it.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited February 23
    I don't play a sim-self, although I have made one once. But that was just for the fun of it. Other than that, I play sims that are different from me. Only one of my sims has ever gotten a divorce, and that was because her husband got one of his coworkers pregnant. He was a notorious cheater. He ended up fathering 11 children with three or four different women before he died. She on the other hand got married twice more. Both times her husbands died of natural causes before her.

Other than that my sims tend to stay married.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    If I'm playing the Black Widow Challenge 5 or 6 times. >:):D
    However, with my Cleopatra Sim, she's only been married twice. Once with Julius Cesar until he was a Ghost, then Mark Anthony. :p:*
    That being said, most of my Married sims are only married once. ;)
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 174 Member
    I have quite a few saves with the same character letting him experience different storylines. This character is the main person of my stories and he is not into romances and stuff at all. In-game though it's a bit different, I have a save where he is ... well enjoying his life, you know, and in another save he is even married (only once, to answer the question). The other saves are more close to my stories.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    What is marriage? :D The last time I had a sim wedding was in Sims 3. I remember trying several times but would mostly end in disaster, so no, if my sims DO get married, it's often instantly, sometimes in the bathroom in their underwear. I have the same reaction when asked how many jobs your sims has had...no rabbit holes. Either I go too, or they earn their money doing unconventional things. I'm not sure if the freelancer jobs are still borked, it's been a while since I've played them. These were my go-to jobs. B)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I made a simself once, and it just felt weird interacting with my sims- as their maker, I definitely wouldn't be marrying them. I prefer to play the unknowable God.
    I only have one save file, and so if I did marry it would be one time. And then I would swiftly regret inserting myself into the world again and make it like it never happened the next week.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Ersa has been and is currently married only once.

For my retired legacy family, hmm....Madison(Gen 5) is the only one that has been married twice.
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Most of them none or once.
    I usually go for "living as husband and wife" or just being friends.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Many, many of my Sims don't get the chance to get married. The ones that do have never been married twice.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    My Simself…mmmm.. oh dear. Probably not the kind of guy who'd get married, at least not in a conventional sort of way. Can’t say he’d make for great Marriage Material to be honest. Oh he’s a merry man all right, he’s a very merry man. Will he ever get married? I doubt it.
    He’s a bit of a beastly rambler. Goes around on his elderly horse that he “won” at a game of Wild West Sabacc, moves from camp to camp, joins different gangs of outlaws, causes trouble. You know, the usual nonsense, being cursed ‘n all that. Wait…what was the question again? See, rambling on and on and on about absolutely zilch. Missing the point entirely.

My main sims usually only marry once, IF they get married at all. I recently wedded a couple utilizing the wedding system from My Wedding Stories. Decided to go for a “traditional” one, whatever that means - I am not entirely sure what the heck went on; the entire ceremony turned into absolute stinky soup. Chaos with a capital C. Not the fun kind let’s be clear.
    Everything else proved to be a disaster too. Two weeks after the wedding my sim’s beloved and extremely socially awkward wife died of …well…lethal awkwardness. My sim the husband teased her so badly, she got embarrassed and expired just like *poof*. Now he’s a widower with a wee kid. He pleaded with Grim ofcourse, but Grim wouldn’t have any of it. His own fault. NEXT! And that’s when Grim left the scene.

My sim continues to wander around with his wife’s gravestone in his pocket, contemplating what to do next. How poetic…
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Oh, lord. My "canon" Sim-self is from The Sims 2, and he outlived two wives because I was squickish about letting my "simself" die. I actually have a 'family photo album' from that save and like twenty years ago had a blog where I chronicled my original TS2 neighborhood. I've played my sim-self so many times in TS4 (I always use a new instance of him to explore new packs) that I sometimes have multiple me's wandering around in the same saves, but the closest canon-self I had was the original TS4 tester (who married Liberty Lee, then his other housemate after Liberty died).
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I play Rotationally, so I have many main characters. But in Sims 4 I do have a sims self. I have decided not to marry her off, at least up till this point. She is probably the richest man made character I have in my main save, I only have her in her household and used to play her a lot in the beginning. She is my collector, and made money mostly off of her plants. She started off with $20,000, and has done pretty well for herself currently living in a large house in Windenburg.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    When I opened this thread, I thought I was going to be the only one whose sims usually stay single, or with the same person for all of eternity. But reading through the replies, it seems I'm in good company.

So yeah, most of my sims don't have a lot going on in their social lives, neither romantically nor platonically, because they tend to focus on other things. That's why the social bar gives me the most trouble when playing sims without the loner trait. If they do have a partner, it's usually the same one the entire time, and most spouses come out of CAS already married. Exceptions are, of course, sims with the Serial Romantic aspiration, but I've only tried that one two or three times so far and never completed it.

Another exception is that one sim whose biography identifies her as a black widow with many former husbands who died under mysterious circumstances. But between you and me, this is complete hogwash. I played this sim from birth to old age, and while she did have three babies from three different special NPCs (Father Winter, a Sulani elemental, and Patchy the scarecrow), she never actually married any of them and they're all still alive.
  • Options
    MagicPigeonMagicPigeon Posts: 13 New Member
    Zero. She lives with a roommate and a lotta pets. I don’t play her very often.