Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who's still playing TS3?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @tallcoolone That is so cool what you're doing with the Century manor! I've been playing this game for so long and I agree, there is quite a bit I still haven't discovered. I like that you set your own challenges and rules. I do the same. I usually go to a planned challenge when I need some inspiration.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited January 20
    I am not only playing it, but finishing up several worlds as we speak:

3b298ffe15420b68e877cc01b95126c124bda8e4.jpg

This is a screenshot from my latest play session:

66f7a146d81c50cf1faa86ac5a8c1377750f1b2c.jpg

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    After playing TS4 for a while now I decided to install TS3 again and to be honest I'm having so much fun. Way more fun than TS4. I forgot how good we had it before TS4 came around. I've been buying store content and I'm planning on buying the rest of the worlds that I'm missing. I literally feel like playing TS3 everyday now. I've also been watching all the old TS3 trailers and the amount of negativity in the comments under every trailer about TS4 is hilarious to me.

Anyone else in the same boat?

I feel pretty much the same way. TS3 spoiled me. I felt the franchise took a step backwards with 4. After playing in an open world with a color wheel, 4 just doesn't interest me. I only played 4 for a couple of years before the constant waiting on a loading screen every time I travel got to be really irritating.

If I wasn't such a huge fan of the franchise back then, I wouldn't have kept playing 4 for the 2 years that I did. I still get the itch to play 3 every so often. B)
  • Options
    Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    After what feels like many years, I am back at the urging of a friend who misses my favorite character Zayne, and the "diary" she had on blogger/blogspot. I love a free will game, but she hasn't done anything interesting yet. It still feels great to be back.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Missing Sims 3 at the moment. Spending more of my time "packing for a move" than progressing my legacy (writing more chapters for the founders).
    dwYylAe.jpg
    But I hope to get back to it after we get settled into our new place and our cats aren't freaking out and hiding under the bed.
    In the meantime I'll have to be happy with SWTOR and my Keron/Lana shipping. :p
    uQ5OquF.jpg
    3SZTeat.jpg
    Keron's a Sith Inquisitor and well, Lana is a well-balanced Sith. (AU of my AU where Claria doesn't even come into the picture).
    pgrCk8D.png
    Claria: "Wait...what!?"
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    Yes, I am playing a little and creating in CAW a ton!! :D
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I'm still playing. I tried the sims 4 when it first came out but didn't get a month in before I went back to the sims 3.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    I haven't stopped playing TS3. I've been playing since launch, way back in 2009! I really wasn't all that impressed with TS4, so I stuck with 3. I wish I did spend 70 bones on the digital deluxe before deciding to stay with TS3. Ouch!
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • Options
    Rob1992Rob1992 Posts: 56 Member
    Recently i started playing a legacy island 3 save again. This time I'm seeing if i can actually play a family with a child and live off of professions and painting and stuff like that. The game runs great, especially after i removed a lot of the mess that un-configured NRAAS story progression causes. I only wish that the game didn't take several minutes to launch, But luckily you don't need the launcher to start the game so that loading super slow is evaded.
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

I love playing The Sims 3! I recently started playing a legacy challenge set in the Middle Ages. Paiges of Time starts with Jarret and Rebeca Paige moving to Praaven and buying a home in ruins.
    I played my Forsythe Legacy Challenge on a site that isn't working. Wix says it doesn't have a domain, so I'm unsure what happened there. I am looking into it.
    I have also created homes, community lots, and a world and showcase them at ~texansky creations~.
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »
    I am not only playing it, but finishing up several worlds as we speak:

3b298ffe15420b68e877cc01b95126c124bda8e4.jpg

This is a screenshot from my latest play session:

66f7a146d81c50cf1faa86ac5a8c1377750f1b2c.jpg

That is an awesome looking world! What do you call it?
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited February 23
    @jaletu2005 Thanks. It's called San Marina, and you can get details about it at my Simblr, as well as see mini-previews on my YouTube channel.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    Been playing the Sims 3 since it came out, and still love it! Sometimes play Sims 2 because it's a lot quicker to load, but Sims 3 is the best ever for creativity.
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    I'll never regret buying Sims 4 because it led me to 2 and 3. Still playing 3 mostly and will continue to do so.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,097 Member
    Sims 3 until anything better comes round here. <3
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    Yeah, I started playing it late in the games career and I'll keep doing that until a) I lose motivation or b) can't play it anymore, whichever comes first.
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    I just picked up 3 again! It will always be my favorite. 4 is nice for a lot reasons but it just isn’t the same. It takes about 45 mins to load my huge save file…. So playing is a labor of love.
  • Options
    Bene1992_Bene1992_ Posts: 11 New Member
    Playing more Sims 3 than 4 since 2 months or 3. 💚
  • Options
    Gestra5Gestra5 Posts: 9 New Member
    I've been playing Sims 3 since 2011. I must confess that, at one point, I was ready to give up on it, since it lagged horribly on my old laptop. What was wanting was a machine that was up to the job, and the HP ZBook I'm using now is just that. It runs the game beautifully. So I'm currently enjoying a sort of Sims 3 renaissance. It's like having a whole new game! I've been able to re-install all those downloaded Store worlds that so bloated my old game, and play in big, busy custom worlds that would have melted my old laptop. And, best of all, I can build huge castles and mansions that my sims can actually live in without the game freezing every few minutes or crashing. I'm in Sims3 heaven!