Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life by You vs. Sims 5 (Rene)? Rod Humble and Paradox's Life Simulation Game

Comments

• Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    It is frustrating to read that LBY's early release date is being pushed back once again. As @ChadSims2 said, at least it is reenforcing the idea that they are serious about producing a quality game.

Lord only knows how many times the Sims franchise has upset me with rushed products for a quick money grab. After the innumerable complaints that I have expressed about getting a rushed, poor quality product, I guess I can't complain that they are working hard on giving me a quality product that I will be happy with.

If only I had more patience lol. :p
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    It is frustrating to read that LBY's early release date is being pushed back once again. As @ChadSims2 said, at least it is reenforcing the idea that they are serious about producing a quality game.

Lord only knows how many times the Sims franchise has upset me with rushed products for a quick money grab. After the innumerable complaints that I have expressed about getting a rushed, poor quality product, I guess I can't complain that they are working hard on giving me a quality product that I will be happy with.

If only I had more patience lol. :p

Except its early acess ,it's not meant to be completely or have no bugs
    There always going to be a bug or something to improve on
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Good that they disabled the pre-order on Epic. Didn't felt right for an early access game, especially if they have to delay it.
  • Options
    The blog post just made me frustrated.Tge whole we listen to your feedback.If it took feedback to push back twice.Than why wouldn't happen again?
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    You can only make one first impression, and they obviously want to make a good impression. B)
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    You can only make one first impression, and they obviously want to make a good impression. B)

To me, this kinda already is part of first impression...
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options

But this is effecting impression.How am I am going to take there word seriously if they change it by whim.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

Yeah a pretty good one. Can you imagine if Sims would do this and push back packs or had they pushed back the base game and set it up strong instead of rushing it out and calling it a live service to excuse it being so empty. The game could have been set up to work with cars could have been designed to edit worlds or had impactful npcs police/firemen but instead they went for the quick buck and locked us into limitations.

Not saying I'm not disappointed I was eagerly counting down the days to March 5th but with them bringing in modders who are helping them improve the modding system even more during these extra 3 months can you imagine the cc we will get with it being more accessible to all. Not to mention fixing bugs clipping and more animations we're going to hit early access at a really good point in which the community won't be hyper focused on clipping bugs animations and art we can use early access to improve the most important thing gameplay.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    edited February 2
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Yeah a pretty good one. Can you imagine if Sims would do this and push back packs or had they pushed back the base game and set it up strong instead of rushing it out and calling it a live service to excuse it being so empty. The game could have been set up to work with cars could have been designed to edit worlds or had impactful npcs police/firemen but instead they went for the quick buck and locked us into limitations.

They pushback twice! That is not good look,not once but twice for an early acess game not a full release one.This is not a release a full flesh game.You can't keep pushing a game back.Now if the game unplayable that understandable,but it seems like we are pushing back because we got more feedback.

This does not give me confidence.In hindsite they shouldn't announce a date first place
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    SimplyBrea wrote: »
    At this point don’t put a date on it. Just release it when it’s ready and bug-free.

I agree completely. They are basically going through early access already with playtesters so just keep doing what they are doing until it's complete and ready for release.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member
    I think they should at least release a demo of some part of the game. Like the build tools or character creator.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Can someone remind when was the date of early access supposed to have been before they pushed it to June?
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Can someone remind when was the date of early access supposed to have been before they pushed it to June?

It was sometime in March.And they don't have plans to released a demo.
  • Options
    Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member

They pushback twice! That is not good look,not once but twice for an early acess game not a full release one.This is not a release a full flesh game.You can't keep pushing a game back.Now if the game unplayable that understandable,but it seems like we are pushing back because we got more feedback.

This does not give me confidence.In hindsite they shouldn't announce a date first place

Someone, I forget who, predicted when the first pushback happened there would be another. I still doubt this was planned, but it isn't unheard of for games in progress to have release schedules changed multiple times. They did say that the early birds who already preordered will be refunded again... and it sounds like they don't have it available to preorder again yet. It means they are probably not 100% confident on the new date.

Atleast they have a date. Paralives, to my knowledge hasn't even released a guestimate on when they'll be finished yet.

Don't worry. I like that they are listening to feedback, and working to release the best game. Imagine if they didn't. If it was buggy and difficult to run. It will get a short time as a new game, receiving reviews from online reviewers. After that short time, it doesn't matter if the game was "early access" or if tons of bug fixes were patched. If the initial reviews are bad, the reviewers will move on by then.
  • Options
    edited February 2
    Sarah26Cat wrote: »

Someone, I forget who, predicted when the first pushback happened there would be another. I still doubt this was planned, but it isn't unheard of for games in progress to have release schedules changed multiple times. They did say that the early birds who already preordered will be refunded again... and it sounds like they don't have it available to preorder again yet. It means they are probably not 100% confident on the new date.

Atleast they have a date. Paralives, to my knowledge hasn't even released a guestimate on when they'll be finished yet.

Don't worry. I like that they are listening to feedback, and working to release the best game. Imagine if they didn't. If it was buggy and difficult to run. It will get a short time as a new game, receiving reviews from online reviewers. After that short time, it doesn't matter if the game was "early access" or if tons of bug fixes were patched. If the initial reviews are bad, the reviewers will move on by then.

That's a thing paralives never promised a date.They said they would gave it to us a date soon.Here they promise it was this date and changed it last minute.They did the twice! They never it was because unplayable bugs.It was just some bugs and to polish it.Which expected in an early acess game
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Good that they disabled the pre-order on Epic. Didn't felt right for an early access game, especially if they have to delay it.

I presume this is why they have sent me a refund when I didn't request one?
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    edited February 2
    I think we're all seeing why Paralives is refusing to publish a specific release date publicly, even when they say they have one internally.
  • Options
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    logion wrote: »

I presume this is why they have sent me a refund when I didn't request one?

Yes, I pre-ordered on Epic (the very first time) and they auto-refunded when they pushed the date to March. They did the same this second time when they pushed to June. They've disabled pre-orders on Epic now.

And Steam doesn't allow pre-orders of any kind, only wishlists.
  • Options
    edited February 2
    Assuming a full year of Early Access, that's Life By You coming out in 2025. I assume Paralives coming out in 2025 (patron guess). And Rene is not coming out sooner. That means inZOI, in late 2024, will be the first of the bunch.

inZOI is also the one with most most cutting-edge graphics. For Paralives, which is stylized, this isn't too relevant. But Life By You can't look better than inZOI, and I don't think Project Rene wants to look better. LBY and Rene will need to have great gameplay features to have longevity and surpass the inevitable "aging out" of their graphics.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Thank you for the info @simmerorigin
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Assuming a full year of Early Access, that's Life By You coming out in 2025. I assume Paralives coming out in 2025 (patron guess). And Rene is not coming out sooner. That means inZOI, in late 2024, will be the first of the bunch.

inZOI is also the one with most most cutting-edge graphics. For Paralives, which is stylized, this isn't too relevant. But Life By You can't look better than inZOI, and I don't think Project Rene wants to look better. LBY and Rene will need to have great gameplay features to have longevity and surpass the inevitable "aging out" of their graphics.

You forgot vivaland.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    SimplyBrea wrote: »
    At this point don’t put a date on it. Just release it when it’s ready and bug-free.

Then they may never release it, because I don't think that any lifesim (or even any modern game) can ever be completely bug free. It's simply a matter of how frequent and how disruptive those bugs are.

But I do agree that they shouldn't put a date on it until they're sure that it will be mostly stable on most systems.
  • Options

You forgot vivaland.

That is true, I did forget Vivaland. Though funnily I kind of wish I can continue to ignore it as I would rather not try to fit a fifth game into my profile picture.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Sarah26Cat wrote: »

I do not think anyone is asking for them to release a buggy game. The disappointment comes from them continuously making promises they either can't or won't keep for whatever reason. It's like dating someone, wanting to get married, and having that person say they have the ring but can't commit to you because they constantly want to do something else before they take that next step. Meanwhile they talk about weddings non stop and dangle the promise of a ring to you constantly, before putting it off again and again.
  • Options
    SimplyBreaSimplyBrea Posts: 145 Member
    edited February 3
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Then they may never release it, because I don't think that any lifesim (or even any modern game) can ever be completely bug free. It's simply a matter of how frequent and how disruptive those bugs are.

But I do agree that they shouldn't put a date on it until they're sure that it will be mostly stable on most systems.

I know they wouldn’t release it if it’s not completely bug free.. but pushing back on Early Access release because people want to complain about the graphics and animations of the game. It is never going to be free from criticism. I think they’re trying to avoid bad publicity on the game but people should know early access isn’t a complete game. I have been waiting on a true life sim game with customization and open world for ten years and now we have to wait couple more months or year(s). When May comes around, they may delay it again due to “feedbacks” they’re receiving. I will take gameplay over graphics any day. Graphics without gameplay is pointless.

Post edited by SimplyBrea on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top