Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    Pebbles_75Pebbles_75 Posts: 11 New Member
    I am a tenant. Apart from the haunting event I dont have any other events occur. Yet I've seen people have bug infestations and a cursed book thing. I've got the option turned on for events. Also my unit has mold turned on but no mold appears. Does anyone else have these issues?
  • Options
    The_MercuriaThe_Mercuria Posts: 159 Member

How do I remove For Rent from my game? The lag was so slow this evening that I exited without saving. I simply cannot play with that DLC in my game.
    Ideally I'd like to return it. Just take it away, give me a 50% refund, never let me download it again. That's how frustrated I am and that's how much I hate the pack.

I'll settle for being able to remove it so ... help! :(
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    How do I remove For Rent from my game? The lag was so slow this evening that I exited without saving. I simply cannot play with that DLC in my game.
    Ideally I'd like to return it. Just take it away, give me a 50% refund, never let me download it again. That's how frustrated I am and that's how much I hate the pack.

Well try Uninstaller the game at the control pannel.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member

@Hearts4u totally uninstalled the pack. See her comments here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18347605#Comment_18347605
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    Anyone hear anything about when the Dev’s may have a fix for changing Residential Rental lots being able to be changed to other types of lots? I haven’t been in my game in awhile. Waiting for them to fix some of the big bugs for the For Rent expansion
  • Options
    PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything about when the Dev’s may have a fix for changing Residential Rental lots being able to be changed to other types of lots? I haven’t been in my game in awhile. Waiting for them to fix some of the big bugs for the For Rent expansion

This is the most they've told us I believe:
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    Amazing. There's been so much backlash because of the major bugs in this pack, but here we are, a week from that last tweet, and we have no timeline for fixes and not even a laundry list showing us what they're actively working on. smh
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited February 1
    The recent video with James Turner's Let's Play of For Rent was... interesting.

He was unable to save while editing a residential rental lot.

He had to move his sims out to change the lot.

The residential rental lots that he had pre-built were more expensive to buy than what they were worth.

The UI didn't display his new rental units.

The tenants didn't leave when the lease period was over.

And on top of all that, he never received any payment from his tenants.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    logion wrote: »

The residential rental lots that he had pre-built were more expensive to buy than what they were worth.

Lease period part isn't a bug. This means how many days it takes for the Grace period.

The grace period allows owners to change rent without consequences and tenants to move out without any additional costs.

The grace period doesn't mean that the tenant now has to move out. If they do decide to move out during that period, your sim receives no compensation (which they would otherwise).

Residential rentals aren't meant to be run as vacation rentals (for sims vacationing) unfortunately...

The others are concerning though.

Though moving out sims to change the lot type is understandable...
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    If there's not a patch fixing these horrendous bugs by next Thursday I'm uninstalling the dang pack and building my sims a new place to live. Actually, I've already started building the new house, I'm just wishing I won't have to use it. I had so many hopes for this pack and I haven't been able to play with it at all. Heck, I bought the horse pack only a week or two before buying For Rent, and I've barely been able to play with that either.

I'll buy the castle kit, eventually, and I'll buy a faerie pack if one comes out, but aside from that I'm not giving EA anymore of my money until this pack is sorted.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited February 1
    Is not being able to move a sim out by using the telephone to split the household a recent bug.
    I tried to do that because I wanted to play specific sims from a household by moving them to San Myshuno. The phone wouldn't work. I had to use the computer.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    @CK213 I don't own For Rent, but I've had a problem with splitting/merging households in live mode. I've stopped doing it and wait till I'm done with my game play to go to manage worlds and change my households using household manager. Thanks for the tip about using the computer, didn't realize that still worked.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Is not being able to move a sim out by using the telephone to split the household a recent bug.
    I tried to do that because I wanted to play specific sims from a household by moving them to San Myshuno. The phone wouldn't work. I had to use the computer.

Yep, Known bug. Household Manager works. Lots of "me toos" but can always use more.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

I've had that problem if there is a holiday going on. I have to cancel the holiday then I can split the household and move. It is an ongoing bug.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Looks like this pack looks and sounds great on paper but in real time for some it has become a nightmare and barely any response from EA/Maxis (Must be concentrating on Project Rene) I did get the pack but will not use it until EA/Maxis takes care of those bugs as I do not want to experience any problems.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Rob1992Rob1992 Posts: 56 Member
    logion wrote: »

By his own statement, he has to mess arround for a whole hour off camera to make the lot work again after he tried to renovate it. EA is being really crappy with these vague "we know about the issues" statements. And surprisingly aside from a single dev stream about the kits there is *zero* additional info given inside the discord. There is no staff interaction at all just a pile of "sims experts" (who aren't employees) who forward all complaints to the AHQ
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 174 Member
    About all the bugs and that really big problem with ruining the saves and stuff... until now, I did not experience something like this and I really hope it won't happen to me. :/
    But what I really wonder... all of you are concerned because there is not a lot we know about what EA is doing to solve those problems. I mean... this is a forum run by EA / The Sims team, or at least there are members on here who work with them? I thought so... so I think / hope they will share their timeline with fixing the issues as soon as possible.

Until then I really hope to be spared by this very nasty save corruption bugs...
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    This and the discord are more places for chatting, not places for tracking bugs in any kind of organized way
    AHQ has volunteers who organize it, a couple of staff who serve as moderators, and most of the staff activity happens behind the scenes. I've been told by the main volunteer organizer that the staff do read every thread there.

But there is not a lot of communication from the bug-fixing team to the public. The most we have is the TheSimsDirect account, which posts occasionally on AHQ and on Twitter, sometimes a couple of times a week and sometimes only once a month or so. Then we get the laundry lists every couple of months.
    I think a lot of people would love to hear more frequent updates, especially when there are truly significant bugs going on.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Like most folks here I'm avoiding playing until there are some solid fixes. In fact, I haven't even bothered to start any gameplay whatsoever, I've just checked out the CAS and Build/Buy mode items for now.

In the mean time, I've been watching James Turner's Rent to Riches series, which has highlighted some... uh, interesting "features". Needless to say, I am far from impressed with the overall state of this pack.

I knew that the lack of bug testing before packs are shipped was becoming a real problem for the Sims 4, and I fear it's only going to get worse. Quality assurance does not appear to be of any concern to EA/Maxis anymore.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I found it a little disappointing that when you place an utility item (electricity box or water heater) into a City Living apartment and they break, then you can't call the landlord to fix the issue.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    edited February 10
    I do not know if it is a good thing or a bad thing but For Rent has already a 10% discount.
    Post edited by Ziafar on
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    I do not know if it is a good thing or a bad thing but For Rent has already a 10% discout.
    Even weirder, Home Chef Hustle - which came 3 months before it - isn't on sale. I know Stuff Packs tend to have much worse sales because they're cheaper, but it still seems notable.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    For Rent should be demoted to a game pack because it was designed as one. The should have special bundle kit offers promotions for those who bought it as ep price.

I think i heard Bust the dust was once a stuff pack demoted to kit- I actually enjoy dust the bust and which all kits had animation and gameplay added. I tend to turn towards video games for those features.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm not playing until they fix the Save File Corruption bug. It's not worth destroying my save for this pack.
    I've been playing other games for now. The bugs in this pack make My Wedding Stories pack look safe by comparison. I really have lost trust in Maxis/EA to be able to release stable content for this game.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    I do not know if it is a good thing or a bad thing but For Rent has already a 10% discout.

Wow! Actively trying to get more people to buy a broken pack? That is… something else. Something to think about for sure.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO