Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    BeckyI7FanBeckyI7Fan Posts: 123 Member
    @Moxovynka Sort of. I'm seeing how many each household has
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,973 Member
    @Moxovynka Artemis graduated as class valedictorian from high school. As in, the highest performing student… ah well, even smart people have daft moments like this. She has a desk in her room but there’s a small laptop on it, which she got as a reward for reaching the top of the computer club. Guess it’s time to stick the laptop into storage for now…
  • Options
    manicpot8tomanicpot8to Posts: 222 Member

@manicpot8to Hope Claudia had a good day despite breakfast not meeting her expectations. It was a good idea to make her brush her teeth so nothing could possibly ruin her confidence :wink:

[/quote] She's a genuinely positive Sim so she was perfectly fine.

28dul88f8gdo.png
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,267 Member
    Caerfinon wrote: »
    Marisa Fontaine has discovered that her home fabricator has been programmed entirely with old Three Stooges film scripts....

88olzKy.png
    v7p9Cx8.png
    Needless to say she was not amused.

I was thinking your sims had that dye drink my sims love to drink making it their self or ordering it from the bar, it look similar like that on their skin.
    DyeDrink.png
    new.png
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,267 Member
    Vivian Lewis-Wales after drinking the same drink, maybe it's something they need to update so they don't look the same on the skin with the same dye design.

08-07-23_7-29-24_PM.png
    new.png
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,881 Member
    edited January 24
    Time for a lunch break while I think over how to fit stairs into my new apartment building. I wish that For Rent would have given us multiple functional elevators on lots. I think I'll try again and see if I can make Ravasheen's multiple elevators mod work. I tried once before but I couldn't get it to work. Otherwise I need to come up with a way to create a stairwell that doesn't take up a ton of space and looks appealing. A 40x30 lot seems huge until you try to make more than two apartments per floor.😁 Anyway, while I think it over I'll get caught up on a few of the comments and updates I missed while I worked on fixing my game.

@Caerfinon
    Are you sure that wasn't the Acme model Home Fabricator(Coyote-tested and approved!)?

@Smellincoffee
    That's a switch. Nancy being kind-hearted and Mortimer making life difficult. A really fun twist to their canons!🙂

@luciusstorm
    I have it on good authority that Director Bridges is a tough but fair boss who takes very good care of her agents.🙂

@manicpot8to
    An office romance on top of awful compatibility? That should be exciting to watch!😁

@Lucy_Henley
    Good on Diego for stepping in for Paka'a! Congrats to Caroline and Erytheia as well! It looked like a really fun night out for everyone.🙂

@LeucosiaX
    I really need to look into that mod manager. I am absolutely a cc addict and a completionist. Most times when I download a lot that needs cc to get the look, even if it only needs one or two items out of a set I'll go ahead and just download the entire set. You never know when one of the other items in that set might just turn out to be the perfect item for another build.😉

@BlueSeaWaves
    It was wonderful seeing Alexis and Cat have a sweet moment together after all the rough patches they'd been through lately.🥰 Colette's advice to Alexis was perfect and thankfully she took it! For all of Tal's attitude at times, I can't imagine him being anything but protective of kids and a big teddy bear with them.

Alright, lunch is over, back to my builds. I'll catch up some more later on.🙂
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member

@Smellincoffee
    That's a switch. Nancy being kind-hearted and Mortimer making life difficult. A really fun twist to their canons!🙂

I have no idea why Nancy is so into Bob, unless it's just to make Geoffrey Jealous -- but she comes over to his house almost every day, she's become best friends with his wife, and before Bob met the new wife he and Nancy had a serious romance going on until I figured it made more sense, story-wise, that Nancy enjoyed the excitement of an affair and wasn't actually interested in leaving money behind to join a fisher bum. :D This story kiiiinda goes back to how when playing The Sims 1, I'd often have affairs between Bob and Bella, or Mortimer and Betty. Big update to post tonight..
  • Options
    WattTheNagWattTheNag Posts: 50 Member
    I started a new save today because I fancied doing a rotational play of some of the pre mades for a bit. I’ve backed up my existing family for some future play.

I started off with Bob and Eliza. Bob did lots of cooking and gaming while Eliza spent time painting and crafting and got a job as a painter.

Bob got the want to try for a baby very quickly so I had them go for it and Eliza got pregnant immediately. She carried on working right until the end of her pregnancy and baby Malachi was born. Bob was immediately a doting father and they have been taking turns taking family leave to do parenting duties. At the moment he’s an infant and Bob is already getting the try for baby want again. I think I’ll wait until he gets past toddlerhood though because two tiny kids are a lot even in the sims 😆

Eliza has become good friends with a random townie called Alisha. Bob on the other hand is happy being a loner and just cooking, gaming and taking care of his infant son so far.

Stay tuned for more.
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 645 Member
    @DaniRose2143 "(Coyote-tested and approved!)" - Now that's comedy! I love the classics.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,914 Member
    @Moxovynka Great start for Nina and Mortimer (and Don?).
    I wonder, whatever could possibly go wrong??

• Options
    My post-lunch build session was super enlightening. The problems I've been talking about, especially the build mode problems, all of them came back. The problem is Origin, and this time I'm 100% sure. Ever since the pre-For Rent update Origin has been really unstable and prone to shutting down for no reason. Sometimes it happens at launch, occasionally while I'm in the game it will dump me to desktop with a popup telling me it quit unexpectedly. "Really? No kidding? Thanks! I never would have guessed!"🙄

Most of the time it quits when I exit the game. This morning it did something different. When I entered build mode for the first time I got that popup but the game didn't kick me to desktop, it asked me if I wanted to exit and restart Origin or did I want to stay offline. Of course I said stay offline. Almost three hours went by without a single hiccup, but when I stopped for lunch I shut the game down. When I went back in I restarted Origin. The instant I got into build mode everything was messed up again. I tried to draw a wall in the middle of a 40x30 lot and the game said I can't place a wall outside the lot. Okayyyy. The ends of the wall were at least 10-15 tiles away from the edge. I switched to the hammer tool and tried to delete a segment of wall that I had placed this morning. It said there was nothing to delete even though the segment was highlighted. That's when I remembered this morning. I put Origin in offline mode and brought the game back up and there was the wall that the game said couldn't be placed and the segment I tried to delete was gone. I switched back to online and build mode wouldn't work and when I went offline again it was back working again.

Back in October or November it was announced that the EA App would be coming soon to Macs. I was thinking about it a few minutes ago and I don't remember any updates for Origin itself in months. Not since the early part of 2023. I don't think anything is being done to keep Origin up to date any longer since it's about to be discontinued and all these updates, patches, and packs are starting to really break it. I've tested it out and when I'm in offline mode the game behaves normally but when I put it in online mode the wheels come off. I even deleted the old Origin install and installed a fresh copy which crashed immediately the first time I tried to launch the app. My Origin is now in offline mode until further notice. Hopefully they get the EA App to us before Origin completely fails because if I can't launch Origin at all I can't play my game even in offline mode.

On top of that discovery I have Ravasheen's elevators working! I brought my test sim to the lot and I placed a grill on the third floor and queued her to grill burgers. She went right to the elevator on the ground floor and teleported straight to the third floor. I did a go here for her to go from there to the second floor and she did without any issues. So now I don't have stairs taking up a huge amount of space and my sims can get to the upper floors!😁
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,635 Member
    I am still only doing map work moving sims around, but I always wanted to put a castle on top of the mountain in snowy escape, the 50 x50 lot.
    I found this gorgeous gothic castle shell on the gallery just now- NOT MINE-

53484499182_e991a88d41_k.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-24 at 6.39.55 PM by leucosia x, on Flickr

I know it doesn't suit the map and theme but I love how it looks in the snow and the location is perfect. It's isolated, you can't really tell the worlds theme but the map-

I think a Dracula type castle would be great here too. Forgotten Hollow lots are not nearly big enough.
    Siting locations: what do you think?
  • Options
    My post-lunch build session was super enlightening. The problems I've been talking about, especially the build mode problems, all of them came back. The problem is Origin, and this time I'm 100% sure. Ever since the pre-For Rent update Origin has been really unstable and prone to shutting down for no reason. Sometimes it happens at launch, occasionally while I'm in the game it will dump me to desktop with a popup telling me it quit unexpectedly. "Really? No kidding? Thanks! I never would have guessed!"🙄

Most of the time it quits when I exit the game. This morning it did something different. When I entered build mode for the first time I got that popup but the game didn't kick me to desktop, it asked me if I wanted to exit and restart Origin or did I want to stay offline. Of course I said stay offline. Almost three hours went by without a single hiccup, but when I stopped for lunch I shut the game down. When I went back in I restarted Origin. The instant I got into build mode everything was messed up again. I tried to draw a wall in the middle of a 40x30 lot and the game said I can't place a wall outside the lot. Okayyyy. The ends of the wall were at least 10-15 tiles away from the edge. I switched to the hammer tool and tried to delete a segment of wall that I had placed this morning. It said there was nothing to delete even though the segment was highlighted. That's when I remembered this morning. I put Origin in offline mode and brought the game back up and there was the wall that the game said couldn't be placed and the segment I tried to delete was gone. I switched back to online and build mode wouldn't work and when I went offline again it was back working again.

Back in October or November it was announced that the EA App would be coming soon to Macs. I was thinking about it a few minutes ago and I don't remember any updates for Origin itself in months. Not since the early part of 2023. I don't think anything is being done to keep Origin up to date any longer since it's about to be discontinued and all these updates, patches, and packs are starting to really break it. I've tested it out and when I'm in offline mode the game behaves normally but when I put it in online mode the wheels come off. I even deleted the old Origin install and installed a fresh copy which crashed immediately the first time I tried to launch the app. My Origin is now in offline mode until further notice. Hopefully they get the EA App to us before Origin completely fails because if I can't launch Origin at all I can't play my game even in offline mode.

On top of that discovery I have Ravasheen's elevators working! I brought my test sim to the lot and I placed a grill on the third floor and queued her to grill burgers. She went right to the elevator on the ground floor and teleported straight to the third floor. I did a go here for her to go from there to the second floor and she did without any issues. So now I don't have stairs taking up a huge amount of space and my sims can get to the upper floors!😁

I'm on Origin too @DaniRose2143
    I've been having some issues with build mode too. Lately, I think it was ever since the last update, it doesnt remember I hit bb.moveobjects on. it makes me have to type it in several times a build session to work. Usually its always on with bbb, but I kind the updates usually break mods. Twisted Mexi just fixed the BBB from the last update breaking it, but I think they will have to again.

I clicked my Origin option to not automatically update unless I ask it too. You may want to check your settings. It keeps asking daily, when I put on my computer to put in my password because it's trying to fix something though, so I think they are trying to make the changes.
    I don't know. May advise, I know this sucks to your vision, but I did this when I really wanted to make something and it was completely not working, take your mod folder out, build it essentially vanilla. Then when everything, all the planning... is worked out, final edit it with the mods folder in. It may save you a lot of grief. I also have a toying theory the game favors vanilla building so it's sharable- just a working theory. Maybe. Keep us updated on your progress. I know tinkering with this game is so frustrating and it's comforting to know not alone.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,652 Member
    @DaniRose2143, sounds a little like my bit of trouble with the game crashing a few months back... though I never had your level of trouble with building. Mine mostly just crashed during "transitions." You might check that your graphics driver is up to date, that was part of my problem... but you're probably right about it having as much to do with the app itself.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,611 Member
    @DaniRose2143 As you can see, I attached a staircase sideways to the doorway of the upper floor. In reality, you came up on the left side and a balcony led to the other door. Couldn't figure out how to make the balcony, but I think it works.

tIMeZ9E.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited January 25
    @DaniRose2143 As you can see, I attached a staircase sideways to the doorway of the upper floor. In reality, you came up on the left side and a balcony led to the other door. Couldn't figure out how to make the balcony, but I think it works.

tIMeZ9E.jpg

@GalacticGal If I understand what you are saying, you make a a balcony there by adding a floating room, or room within exterior wall on the second floor, and then click on the fence you want to change the walls to banisters.
  • Options
    manicpot8tomanicpot8to Posts: 222 Member
    Time for a lunch break while I think over how to fit stairs into my new apartment building. I wish that For Rent would have given us multiple functional elevators on lots. I think I'll try again and see if I can make Ravasheen's multiple elevators mod work. I tried once before but I couldn't get it to work. Otherwise I need to come up with a way to create a stairwell that doesn't take up a ton of space and looks appealing. A 40x30 lot seems huge until you try to make more than two apartments per floor.😁 Anyway, while I think it over I'll get caught up on a few of the comments and updates I missed while I worked on fixing my game.

@Caerfinon
    Are you sure that wasn't the Acme model Home Fabricator(Coyote-tested and approved!)?

@Smellincoffee

@luciusstorm
    I have it on good authority that Director Bridges is a tough but fair boss who takes very good care of her agents.🙂

@manicpot8to
    An office romance on top of awful compatibility? That should be exciting to watch!😁

@Lucy_Henley
    Good on Diego for stepping in for Paka'a! Congrats to Caroline and Erytheia as well! It looked like a really fun night out for everyone.🙂

@LeucosiaX
    I really need to look into that mod manager. I am absolutely a cc addict and a completionist. Most times when I download a lot that needs cc to get the look, even if it only needs one or two items out of a set I'll go ahead and just download the entire set. You never know when one of the other items in that set might just turn out to be the perfect item for another build.😉

@BlueSeaWaves
    It was wonderful seeing Alexis and Cat have a sweet moment together after all the rough patches they'd been through lately.🥰 Colette's advice to Alexis was perfect and thankfully she took it! For all of Tal's attitude at times, I can't imagine him being anything but protective of kids and a big teddy bear with them.

Alright, lunch is over, back to my builds. I'll catch up some more later on.🙂

It has been, had a minor hiccup where the game corruptedbut i was able to recover an earler save which set me back a day gameplaywise. I dont mind though i just didn't want to set the worlds up again
    28dul88f8gdo.png
  • Options
    edited January 25
    @LeucosiaX The update last week did a number on Origin. The first sign of problems for me was the new Starlight Accolades venue. I couldn't place a single item. It was like the issue we had with cc beds after the HSY update, only this wasn't limited to just beds, it was any object at all. Chairs, sofas, pictures, plants, floor tiles, anything I tried to place disappeared as soon as I clicked on the spot where I wanted it. It would show in that spot for a fraction of a second then poof! Then it started the bit where I couldn't delete an item after it had been placed unless I picked it up and moved it at least half a tile in any direction, then I could delete it. I also had a bit where if you wanted to click back to undo a move you click once but if you wanted to do more than one click back you had to select another one of the tools and then select the undo button again. So to do two undo's I had go undo>select>undo or undo>hammer>undo. The last 4 or 5 days have been a nightmare in build mode.

@luciusstorm So far I've recreated most of the things that triggered the issues in build mode while I'm in offline mode and the game has passed with flying colors, but as soon as I put Origin back online the wheels fall off. I'm cautiously optimistic that staying in offline mode will help me limp through until we finally get the EA App. That's a sentence I never thought I'd type, but the last couple of updates have thoroughly borked Origin. I hope they hurry because things are going downhill fast and it's been two or three months since they said they'd be moving us over to the App and we still don't have it.
  • Options
    edited January 25
    LeucosiaX wrote: »

tIMeZ9E.jpg

@GalacticGal If I understand what you are saying, you make a a balcony there by adding a floating room, or room within exterior wall on the second floor, and then click on the fence you want to change the walls to banisters.

A floating room? There was a time when we could just extend tile out from the room above. That isn't working. I was able to put awning over the porch of the Arbodale, where Erik now lives, but I may have to watch a video or two to get what you're saying about a floating room? :open_mouth:

I just read a post by you that clarified what you were saying. I add a room, and then change the wall to banisters. That I can do. It's only that now, I've gotten used to the stairs the way they are. I'll contemplate changing it. Thank you again!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    edited January 25
    @GalacticGal Thank you for the idea for the stairs.🙂 Ravasheen came to my rescue with her Uplifting Elevators mod though. One version looks exactly like the elevators that came with City Living except that they're basically teleporters and you can have as many as you want on the lot and as many as you want on any given floor. The second version is a set of animated doors. The animated doors are just like a regular door, they have no depth, but you can create a room and decorate it to look like inside of an elevator and when your sim approaches it will open and they step in and then teleport to whatever floor they were headed to. With the regular version they will disappear when they get about two steps away from the elevator and reappear about the same distance in front of the elevator on the floor where they get off. I love this mod!!❤️

@manicpot8to I'm looking forward to seeing the chaos.🙂

I don't blame you for wanting avoid rebuilding a save. I started rebuilding the world for the save in my signature back in August and I'm still slowly getting everything put back as close as possible to how it was before that save corrupted. I got all the major characters and important lots done right away and then I've slowly been adding the rest back here and there.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 I get disappearing cc beds all the time and sometimes furniture too. Apparently thats a thing, I heard others mention it. I just assume, it's non compatibles with my system cc, but twisted mexi mentions something of it in the 3 minute tutorial of bbb on youtube.

@GalacticGal if you had reference material this would be easier to explain, but if the balcony is protruding over the doorway- where an awning would be, then make a room there, but on the second floor. If it doesn't let you, make a room below, the balcony you want, just draw square room and then go to second floor , and draw a square room above it, then go back down and delete the first floor room you just added to support the 2nd floor room you want to be the balcony.
    The add a banister looking fence you want to the walls. YOu may have to redraw a wall when it turns the exterior wall into a fence too. or you can choose on wall at a time, which you want.

if you want your balcony recessed into the exterior wall, make a room right behind the wall and then turn the exterior walls into a balcony and break the fence where you want them to pass. I think kate emerald on youtube has a bunch of videos on balconies. I see if I can find an example to show you make one.
  • Options
    It can take so many hours just to rebuild a save, let alone an entire world.
  • Options
    edited January 25
    @DaniRose2143 if it's a buggy thing particular to you recently, you might want to make an error report from the pull down help menu at origin screen. The can personally go into you game and change files, or make a case with them and chat about it. I do sometimes. The can have a tech fix things remotely.

53485522481_9387095113_k.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-24 at 8.10.53 PM by leucosia x, on Flickr
  • Options
    edited January 25
    53485675548_bb9a0937b4_k.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-24 at 8.19.35 PM by leucosia x, on Flickr

53485945575_706d335a4a_k.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-24 at 8.20.57 PM by leucosia x, on Flickr
    @GalacticGal
    just an example but you may need to make stair like this but clicking the middle arrows and swinging it the direction you need, then adjusting the up and down so it's only one tile.
    if you get the balcony upstairs, then break the fence you can click and drag the floor tile and break the ceiling with the sledge hammer too. not sure if thats what you mean though.
    attached to the main building it allows me to make a floating room coming off of it like a protruding balcony without a first floor I have to delete but every build is sensitive and wonky with it's own traits
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,452 Member
    @mightysprite
    Well put, Alexis isn’t giving up🙂

@LeucosiaX
    Wow the castle looks perfect sitting on that spot! The one in Mt. Komorebi is awesome covered in snow.

@Lucy_Henley
    Oh Artemis😭 Congrats on her graduation

@Ellupelluellu
    Thats her plan, she’ll be stocking up on apples, or rip them off Cat’s apple trees😆

@manicpot8to
    Gotta appreciate a man that cooks😉

@DreamPrincess
    Oo maybe Shelly will get a nomination for her book😁

@DaniRose2143
    Ahh so it wasn’t the light, haha. Well thats a relief it was broken cc after all. Oof all that’s a bummer, but the elevators are working😭 It’s a shame they didn’t include one with For Rent or make the existing elevators functional
    Tal’s a child deep down, I was afraid of how’d he react with them but he was very well behaved☺️ It was sweet to have, hopefully more to come between them🙂

@Moxovynka
    Oof, better to find out sooner Nina. Risky move by Don👀

@haneul
    The apartment is kinda small but she’ll move into it soon😁 I did think about that being creepy. While I was playing as Cat every single day she called to ask to come visit😭 Just kept thinking “Girl stop it.” But we’ll pretend that never happened🫣 She’s only trying once now. If she rejected, she will learn to let her go.
    Adelise’s dress👌 Great shots😁 Good luck on the nominations!😁

@BeckyI7Fan
    Aw Betsy’s a cute name

@RedDestiny92
    Haha I was wondering if Skunk could be a nickname too😆
    Omg I really love the pink swatch on the goth kit, and those boots👌 It goes well with other kits/packs😁 They look great

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top