Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is this called?

EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
In the lower left, next to the currently active sim's head, there is a row with the other sims of the household, to switch to them. In this case two humans, a dog and a horse:

514567b7556c5ab855eea562f65e24c916c42268.pnjWhat is this row called? Sim picker? Sim bar? Sim chooser? Sim head row? Guilottine queue?  I'm primarily looking for the english term, but if someone knew the german one, that would a bonus.

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited January 22
    Let me look into lessons how it's officially called in The Sims 4 (as The Sims 2's is called differently in the manual).

Well, I had to look up the old lessons, but it is called The Skewer (or Sim Skewer).
  • Options
    Thank you!

(Looks like my guilottine joke wasn't that far off :o )
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Yeah, no wonder it seems to be omitted from the new lessons.

Decided to also look into The Sims 2's manual. It's called Sim Chooser back there. Still interesting though.
  • Options
    I'm trying to remember if I ever knew what to call that row... I think I never did. But Sim Chooser sounds about right, that's the term I will use from now on.

It's also interesting that the need to call the row something came up only now (day one player here). I had posted a screenshot and wanted to add "The [sim chooser] contains a spoiler", only to realize that I had no idea what to call it.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Portrait Panel works too :)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    LarrikatevenLarrikateven Posts: 99 Member
    I think I've gone more towards Sim Bar or Sim Chooser in my own head. I've got to say, Sim Skewer sounds really weird. I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to it that way.

Guillotine Queue has got to be my favorite, though. Even if it is a joke, it is quite illustrative of what to look for. Where's the row of heads... oh, there it is!
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Like @SimplyJen mentioned, i've always just called it the portrait panel.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I've never really thought about what it was called. I've never called it anything (TS2, TS3, or TS4). Portrait panel seems fitting though.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    Never thought about it. Sim panel, portrait panel or sim chooser all seem fitting. Skewer sounds odd, or maybe my English is not good enough to understand this one completely.

guillotine queue made me laugh.