Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New 2024 Roadmap Revealed!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    I'm looking forward to the reveals for all these packs. We really need some classic jewelry pieces. Most of the newer stuff in the kits and packs have been very good quality but focused towards a very specific aesthetic style. We could use some good quality classic pieces that work with a wider variety of looks. The teaser gives me a little hope that finally, finally, hopefully they're going to do something about the horrid makeup options. There are a few ok eyeliners, but the blushes, lipsticks, and eyeshadows are all very low quality and/or they're crazy designs that would be out of place anywhere except at a nightclub, and even that would be a stretch.

I think it was in the panel for the SDX I saw a picture of a high heel ankle boot. I'm dying for them to upgrade the pumps and boots. Those are the last two shoe categories where I exclusively use cc. With the high quality of the sneakers and such over the last couple of years I'm excited to see what they can do with some classic pumps, strappy heels, and fashionable boots. The quality of the sneakers has been so good I only go to the cc so that not every sim in my worlds is wearing the same shoes. We have lots of hiking and work boots but fashion boots are almost non-existent. I'd love to see a variety of styles and heel heights.

I am a bit disappointed that there wasn't an EP only because we're still waiting for a bands/music pack. I don't want that to be an SP, it needs to be a full on EP, and dare I say it, the rare EP that doesn't include a new world so that everything about it is all about the music. No problem though. 2024 is just getting started and there's still three quarters left for that dream to come true.๐Ÿ™‚
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited January 12
    Quiet Quarter.

The medieval build kit is right up my medieval alley - I very much look forward to that particular one and the goth kit. What a delightful, dark start of the year. ๐Ÿ–ค

As for the other sparkly things...maybe it's a Pirate ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ Stuff pack? Instant buy for me if sims can also steal the jewelry.

After I installed For Rent, I immediately began to play as this Snoopy Klepto Scoundrel Werebeast. He can break and enter, swipe stuff (what's up with the petty theft though,why can't he steal expensive bikes, electronics, or horses?!), pick pockets and earn extra cash by scaring the bejeebers out of sims. This is how the man gets rich-ish. I'd like him to be able to steal jewelry too, simply by utilizing his captivating charms.

Speaking of jewelry...why can't we layer layer accessories? I know clipping may occur, but give us the choice at least. It's not as though townies have any sense of fashion.

I would also love jingle jangle sounds when sims wear heavy necklaces and bracelets, you know, the ones with beads and such, they should make a sound, in my humble opinion...sure, with a toggle to turn that noise off, but still...
    Whatever we're getting next, I hope the pre-patch includes proper bug fixes.

Edit: The Frogs rhyme with "Looty".
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    I am excited about the community voted kits. I really hope the goth kits come with the appropriate hair to pull off those outfits. The look is 90% dependent on the hair.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Really looking forward to the castle and goth kits, and I donโ€™t really buy kits. There hasnโ€™t been much since Werewolves that actually contributes to my game style. I didnโ€™t buy any of last yearโ€™s EPs, so Iโ€™m looking forward to anything new. Itโ€™s been almost a two year drought for me. The stuff pack and SDX are also intriguing.
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited January 12
    As someone who primarily focuses on gameplay, rather than building or CAS, I'm disappointed with the roadmap. I wish there was at least a second stuff pack, instead of two more kits. However, I'm looking forward to hearing more about the stuff pack that has been teased & I hope that this period will at least bring a lot of much needed bug fixes.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    It was probably expected to be a bit of a slow quarter after we had three EP's last year with one EP being released just recently. This will probably mean that it will be a slow quarter for me as well as I never bought any of the last EP's and I'm not sure if I will buy any kits, maybe the goth kit one.
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I am still working on overhauling my template save to "For Rent" without breaking anything as this pack has brought me the most headaches of any pack I have ever bought. So I'll be happy with non-game-breaking bite sized content in the form of kits.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    The teaser gives me a little hope that finally, finally, hopefully they're going to do something about the horrid makeup options. There are a few ok eyeliners, but the blushes, lipsticks, and eyeshadows are all very low quality and/or they're crazy designs that would be out of place anywhere except at a nightclub, and even that would be a stretch.

I think we have decent lipstick options actually its just that you have to mess with hue/transparency thing a lot

funnily I struggle with eyeliners and eyeshadows most since it doesn't always line up with sims eyes like id want it to

this got me thinking though I think someone was talking about how they saw eyelashes in some tweet maybe its addition of eyelashes category?
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    This talk of a jewelry making themed pack makes me think of TS3 Store: Prism Art Studio (minus the glassblowing)
    I'm hoping we can cut gems for those of us that aren't into the idea of making jewelry. That was something from TS3: Supernatural that I really enjoyed. No, you didn't need the pack to cut gems but that gem cutting machine was pretty cool!

If glassblowing is ever added to TS4, that would be cool too. Maybe because it's a RL bucket list item of mine I'll probably never experience. :D
    i7-13700K โ€ข 16GB โ€ข RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    The teaser gives me a little hope that finally, finally, hopefully they're going to do something about the horrid makeup options. There are a few ok eyeliners, but the blushes, lipsticks, and eyeshadows are all very low quality and/or they're crazy designs that would be out of place anywhere except at a nightclub, and even that would be a stretch.

I think we have decent lipstick options actually its just that you have to mess with hue/transparency thing a lot

funnily I struggle with eyeliners and eyeshadows most since it doesn't always line up with sims eyes like id want it to

this got me thinking though I think someone was talking about how they saw eyelashes in some tweet maybe its addition of eyelashes category?

I see a lot of complaints about the makeup and yeah, some of it is pretty wild. I'm not a very stylish/fashionable person. Stopped wearing makeup in my early 20s. My female sims are almost always wearing makeup even if it's a more natural look though. Sooo happy we eventually got the sliders for makeup. It pretty much meant that I could dump all of my CC makeup at that point.

Buuut I'm always interested in more CAS stuff.๐Ÿ™‚ Male sims need more makeup options too.
    i7-13700K โ€ข 16GB โ€ข RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I am in agreement with @DaniRose2143 about the makeup choices. I use cc for most all of my sims makeup and eyelashes so would love to see a collab with cc makers on makeup. I am still exploring The 4 Rent EP, Home Chef Hustle, and even Growing Together taking my time to enjoy the game play. So far I don't seem to have bugs from the game only in the apartments that my seems get squeamish about, which I love to see that. I do look forward to the Goth and Castle items they sound like fun. I am just enjoying all the packs we have been getting.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    @SimplyJen
    Don't really wear makeup irl either
    just kind of impractical and there isn't really occassion and when there is id rather not worry about how my makeup looks
    Yes I in fact don't have long nails, victorian ballgown and full face of makeup when I go for creepy walk at 5am irl

I am sorry to disappoint the universe but to be
    fair universe disappointed me first

my sims though wear it often since they don't have the real life troubles
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member

I tried the sliders a few times after we got them and I never really got the hang it. If we didn't have cc makeup I probably would have kept trying but I took the easy out.๐Ÿ˜ There are so many different preset shapes for eyes and lips and not every item works with every preset. That's really true with cc which is part of the reason why I have so much of it.

Or at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.๐Ÿ˜Š
  • Options
    ValravnWitchValravnWitch Posts: 91 Member
    I am honestly more exited about SPs than EPs these days, since SPs have gotten so much better and "meatier" while EPs always feel lacking.
    Also very much looking forward to the goth kit B)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I normally don't get excited about kits because I got tons of CC and am struggling with way too full bb/CAS catalog. But there is always something more that I simply must have, so let's see :) The jewelry making interests me the most. Got plenty of CC jewelry, too, but mostly stuff like tiaras and matching parures for my queen and duchesses. I'm really hoping there will be a link between collected gems and jewelry making, and that we can create something rather unique, not just 5 common versions. Say, if a specific found crystal combined with a minimum Handiness skill combined with Full moon would add a certain extra flare to that necklace, and wearing it would get your sim attention from others. I can easily see that jewelry making could add so much to my game, like some sims collecting gems as a profession, selling to crafters, who can again sell their products. Hopefully jewelry can be gifted too, making for cool heirlooms. Nothing is like wearing the glowing necklace your great-grandfather created for your great-grandmother at full moon...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I hope we will be able to sell and buy jewelry in a shop and also give as a gift. Also hope sims can make some nice quality type jewelry not just twisted wire type that you can usually find at crafts fairs.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I hope we will be able to sell and buy jewelry in a shop and also give as a gift. Also hope sims can make some nice quality type jewelry not just twisted wire type that you can usually find at crafts fairs.

Agreed. I fear we will mostly get the typical EA jewelry, that is huge, bold and *look at me, I'm so creative* stuff. My duchesses will never touch such designs. And frankly, most of my commoners would prefer their simple and classy pearl necklace. Hoping for a good mix, including the subtle and expensive stuff ;) Especially earrings are always way too big, and often childish as well. Simple but exclusively looking gem/crystal earrings should be easy to make - please don't make them huuuuuge!!! :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Platform boots, sparkly accessories, balloons, and a mirrorball? I'm totally down for some simmies' 70s disco party fun.

Time to put on our boogie strut....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nekxdOiKAQw

B)

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    wildflower42wildflower42 Posts: 37 Member
    Something to do with jewelry as a stuff pack and then something about beauty for SDX. Would it be too far of a stretch to think of base game vanities and maybe a pack that has to do with jewelry crafting as a skill with the gem collectables?
  • Options
    The W can be for women's day march 8th. There is a figure of the women, heels, and the feminine choice overall cas theme revealed in the roadmap.
  • Options
    Areeds23Areeds23 Posts: 22 Member
    I'm quite excited for the celebratory kit, as we need more party items. I am also curious about the sdx drop, as it seems to relate to fashion and makeup, but I would love an eyelash update with better options and proper long hair. I am also excited for the stuff pack which looks like jewelry making and maybe gem crafting!
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Hoping that they include some of these high heel shoes with a variety of swatches and more dresses:
    • High Heel Shoes
    • Pump Heel Shoes
    • Stiletto Heels
    • Platform Stilettos
    • More Dresses - My Sims wear these dresses for either the formal or party outfit category.

High-Heels-Photo-1.png

High-Heels-Photo-2.png
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Hoping that they include some of these high heel shoes with a variety of swatches and more dresses:
    • High Heel Shoes
    • Pump Heel Shoes
    • Stiletto Heels
    • Platform Stilettos
    • More Dresses - My Sims wear these dresses for either the formal or party outfit category.

High-Heels-Photo-1.png

High-Heels-Photo-2.png

@Hearts4u Yes I reallu hope they bring high heels and platform heels to the game. I love you collection of cc heels here. I have a lot of cc heels too.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    @LeucosiaX .. I've been holding out hope for many years that they would add those types of high heels to the game.

Thank you to you and anyone else who likes them. :)
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue