Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Sims In 2024

Comments

• Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I have planned out a legacy challenge for myself to explore careers and aspirations I've never done before. I'm really looking forward to getting into it. I'm going to get started as soon as I have completed the horse riding and nectar making aspirations with my current sims.
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 376 Member
    Finish my save file that has all my favourite builds and sims on it
    Finish the scenarios that I have started and do the ones that haven't finished it
    Recreate my legacy and my royal legacy save files that I lost and my backups got corrupted cause of out of date cc or mod that couldn't find an update for
    Delete over 2/3 of my save files that I haven't touched before July 2023 cause every time I log in on them lost motive or couldn't decide which family to play (challenge)
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,128 Member
    My only goal is to find new ways to make my game (and sims) even crazier
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,145 Member
    My goal for the next year in the Sims is to write a new story thread for my Kaufmann family and maybe on one point later in the year I think I will re-doing the decadechallenge (adapted of course, just setting it centuries later, simkind is doomed as humankind to repeat history). Although the old save was overridden and I want letting it go, but I missed playing this family so much, so I'm replaying the missing years now. The old story thread were helpful but some things were changed anyway, it's better to create a new thread.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I haven’t been able to play in the longest time, so I’m just hoping to get back on and continue my legacy with my favourite family! I’d like to get through another two generations if possible and start to play with For Rent with generation twelve.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I don’t have any major plans other than to just continue playing with my sims & hopefully get through a couple of generations in my legacy. I am hoping to not stress myself out so much over making my builds & saves “perfect”, though. :D
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,623 Member
    I don't have a goal by year. I'm focused on the goal I set for my Rock Star, in particular. Trying to navigate him through his life, allowing things to change as needed. Right now, he realizes due to a snarky statement by his first daughter (twin A) that he's never truly living in the moment. So, he's decided to slow down and absorb life as it comes. (We'll see how long he keeps that up.) ;)

Beyond that, I'll take each gaming day as it comes. I do have some serious work to get done. I have to learn more about my Fourth Great-Grandparents' seven children, including sources to verify the information. I have an opportunity to flesh out my branch of the family for the Family History Book. Obviously, there's a deadline, since this book is being readied for a second or third publishing.

Mostly, I play my game to relax.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Try being a landlord. I got For Rent but was wrapping up a legacy and there wasn't a way to integrate it into the story.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,409 Member
    edited January 2
    • Continue my main rotational save or rather get back into it
    • Incorporate Growing Together, Horse Ranch and For Rent into my save
    • Write a sims story after a long break
    • Age up sims and let go of some old sims
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    My goal is to finish my alphabetacy section of the 100 generations challenge I'm doing with my mom and to get at least a quarter through the next section- the apocalypse challenge >:)
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    Well, my plan is to cure my restartitis haha. I just hit the restart button (for the 1000th time) and finishing off a few adjustments to my worlds - particularly the rentals now I've had a small go at playing them.

Then my plan is to play a mod-free rotation, develop all my sims intertwining lives and NOT restart... but don't anyone hold their breath lol.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,923 Member
    I don't have a goal as I just play for fun :)
    But here's what I will most likely be up to...
    I will almost definitely wrap up my Finding Love After a Breakup scenario this week, and maybe continue playing with Mia and Sarah, they've been fun
    I will definitely continue my Local Color legacy game, maybe sometime I'll actually catch up with posting updates...
    If I don't continue with Mia and Sarah I'll find some other smaller or shorter-term things to do here and there, since it isn't always fun to play the same long-term save all the time
    I will have fun reading about all of your sims and their stories :)
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    edited January 5
    I plan to have more fun even with my plans~
    For a rundwon
    -For my main save, continue the story of Hazel and Rainbow and those around them. Also age them up this year lol.
    -Finish the ten gen of my NSB challenge (On Peach aka gen 8).
    -And play my scenario save some more.

Other then that, just keep playing and having fun~ :)
    Post edited by Lyrie on
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,637 Member
    Since I finally fixed the lag of my build buy mode by reinstalling better build buy again, I plan to build more again. I am even going back to my renovations game where I try to restore to original game's lots and renovate them to what feels right and /or bulldoze and build exactly what I want. We'll see because it's so time consuming, it takes a lot of dedication. I would have to play more frequently like weekdays which I usually dont, but a few hours in at night, I can accomplish a build regularly.

Also, I am heavy on rotational gameplay, but I am going to try to slowdown and focus on one family at a time, for at least 2 sims weeks. I found I get a lot more accomplished that way. Previously I was divided over hundreds of families, but now with For Rent, and I have all the families pretty much settled in their homes as I like, my save is developed enough where I want it to be, that I can sit down and focus on the families more in depth.
  • Options
    DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    There is so much I haven’t done in the sims 4 but this year I’m gonna try my hardest to do as much as I can until next year 😂 like werewolves and the Star Wars pack also jungle adventure I have owned the packs since they were released
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    - Get back into building
    - Super Sim challenge
    - Explore more of the game I haven't played.
    - Journey to Batuu :cold_sweat: I'll be honest, another year I probably won't touch it.
    - Reinstall TS2 & TS3
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Not sure if this counts, but I plan to do a little CC spring cleaning since the folder is getting a little too big for my liking. I want to get at least one of my 2 saves to Gen 10 (I'm on 7/8 now with one of them so it seems feasible) and get more into the gameplay for Home Chef Hustle and For Rent.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Return to play TS4. I had a 1,5 year break.

Today I played my teen werewolf who has a llama and chickens and it went quite smoothly. He knit some sweaters and sold them on plopsy and grew some aubergines, pumpkins and watermelons with the help of some rabbits. He even befriended a fox who promised not to steal from him. It was quite fun :)
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Continue exploring occults and other gameplay features I don't normally bother with.

However, the competition (and Rene) will be making a bunch of changes to my gameplay and how I view TS4.

Life By You and the various potential competitors prove that my hardware is aging quicker than expected. I will have to upgrade RAM to be able to get Life by You when it enters Early Access in March (all my hardware is the recommended spec, but my RAM is only 12 GB). I will also likely replace the 1 TB hard drive with an SSD while my desktop is apart, and I think upgrading the RAM and storage will give me a little more time.

However, I normally replace PCs every 5 years; this one's four years old. I've noticed the Lenovo IdeaCentre 5i, which was the replacement for the Creator 5i (what I've got), is a massive upgrade, despite upgrading like-for-like. The 12th-gen i5 is much more powerful than the 10th-gen, the 3050 is much better than the 1660 SUPER, and it's got 16GB of RAM. Plus it is a larger case that makes upgrading and future-proofing easier. The only problem is it has a 500GB SSD ONLY. The Creator 5i I've got came with a 200GB SSD and a 1TB hard drive--and I have about 600GB of stuff on it.

However, upgrading my current machine seems to be the best route.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited January 5
    @cody6268 It does feel like tech took a huge leap somewhere in the last few years. More than normal. I've been building my own for years now but considered ordering a pre build just to save the hassle this time. I ended up canceling my order as soon as I put it in. I don't like the routes pre builds take to lower prices (generic parts, limited space) Upgraded my 6 yr old system. New CPU, motherboard, GPU, and grabbed a 2TB NVME SSD. Baldurs Gate 3 on console couldn't handle multiplayer very well.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,901 Member
    My plans and resolutions are centered around my SimLit and how the game fits into it. I want to spend more time with gameplay to help drive my stories rather than using gameplay only to create screenshots to support the stories. I'm using the next month or so to build up a few chapters of both stories so that I can get back to releasing new chapters every week, alternating between the two. I want to use more of the animations that come with the game and not rely so much on using poses for every single screenshot. I still want to use poses, but only for special occasions.
  • Options
    MrManyIdeasMrManyIdeas Posts: 203 Member

So I had some sort of plan to expand y game this year but I do not think it's possible. I wanted to set up a new install with more packs so my sims have more to do. And after turning off every unwanted feature I should move my two main saves into this install - townies and all. But that would not work as there will be too many townies and getting a 2:nd Windows 10 install just for a game will be quite some work. So I guess I better leave it... for better or for worse. So I carry on and play my limited game.
    53447791137_9094fb4f08_b.jpg
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,205 Member
    To make my ultimate save file with my lore and stories.

No cc ,and have it amiable to download.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 883 Member
    So far, I have visited my other saves, and the families in them.
    I tend to make a lot of families, and don't really go back to them, I still play in the save though, but tend to favor one family.
    I aged up some children to teens, and gave them a bit of a wardrobe update as well.
    With my scenario, I aged one child to a teen, and plan to have her help her mom finish it.
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    My only goal is to try and let go of my micromanaging and let my sim do as she pleases.
    So far the things she's been doing is:
    -Write gossip blog
    - Sip on drink
    - back to writing gossip blog
    - make another drink
    - back to laptop and write another gossip blog
    - another drink
    - pee
    - write gossip blog
    - sparring with training bot
    - write gossip blog
    - sleep